Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central @ Raceland 11/2
Who wins, and why?
Raceland will overwhelm Allen Central. They will get to play a lot young kids and rest for Fairview two weeks further down the road.
E's Army Wrote:Raceland will overwhelm Allen Central. They will get to play a lot young kids and rest for Fairview two weeks further down the road.

They will still have to go o n the road and beat Pikeville again before that happens.
AC
Aug 24, 12 Jenkins away 16 - 38 (L) no
Aug 31, 12 Leslie County home 8 - 37 (L) no
Sep 7, 12 Betsy Layne away 8 - 51 (L) no
Sep 14, 12 Paintsville away 6 - 33 (L) no
Sep 21, 12 Williamsburg away 6 - 54 (L) no
Sep 28, 12 Pineville home 0 - 44 (L) no
Oct 5, 12 Phelps home 22 - 20 (W) no
Oct 12, 12 South Floyd away 26 - 59 (L) no
Oct 19, 12 Pikeville home 14 - 63 (L) no
Oct 25, 12 Knott County Central home 46 - 32 (W) no

Raceland
Aug 17, 12 East Carter away 38 - 6 (W) Click
Aug 24, 12 Ashland Blazer away 19 - 42 (L) Click
Aug 31, 12 Pikeville home 54 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 7, 12 Greenup County home 59 - 15 (W) Click
Sep 14, 12 Sciotoville Community, OH home 60 - 8 (W) Click
Sep 21, 12 Lawrence County home 54 - 14 (W) Click
Oct 5, 12 Nicholas County away 60 - 12 (W) Click
Oct 12, 12 Fairview away 27 - 40 (L) Click
Oct 19, 12 Paintsville home 57 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 26, 12 Russell away 25 - 14 (W) no
Raceland by 40 +
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Raceland by as much as they want it to be. This will be ugly.
Games like this are why we should go back to an 11 game regular season and only the top two from each district make the playoffs.
FBALL Wrote:Games like this are why we should go back to an 11 game regular season and only the top two from each district make the playoffs.

AGREED. No since what so ever. Raceland should use this game for a tune up. They need to begin to put teams away by stepping on their throat rather than getting a 3 td lead and start playing "not to lose" rather than to win. I've said it a hundred times. It almost came back to bite them in the rear last night against Russell, against teams like Fairview, Hazard, and Williamsburg, you can't do that. You've got to put teams away when you have the chance. Though this team has expierience, they are still young. I don't think they completely understand the whole "bend but don't break" mind set. We need to start getting a few more scores on the scoreboard before we call off the dogs. Once you have a 4 or 5 td lead, pull the skill guys out on offense. REST THEM. Elkins is still not 100%. For this playoff run we are going to have to have everyone at full go.
Raceland is on a mission. They want to get a second chance at Fairview.
Raceland by alot.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:AGREED. No since what so ever. Raceland should use this game for a tune up. They need to begin to put teams away by stepping on their throat rather than getting a 3 td lead and start playing "not to lose" rather than to win. I've said it a hundred times. It almost came back to bite them in the rear last night against Russell, against teams like Fairview, Hazard, and Williamsburg, you can't do that. You've got to put teams away when you have the chance. Though this team has expierience, they are still young. I don't think they completely understand the whole "bend but don't break" mind set. We need to start getting a few more scores on the scoreboard before we call off the dogs. Once you have a 4 or 5 td lead, pull the skill guys out on offense. REST THEM. Elkins is still not 100%. For this playoff run we are going to have to have everyone at full go.

If Elkins isn't 100%, then he needs to be on the bench against AC. I think the JV QB is more than capable of spelling him and leading this team, he just needs a chance. Besides that, I'm not sold on Elkins when he is 100%. He is very turnover prone.
Come on Scotty/Steve, Elkins is by far our best choice. I do like Young a lot, he is getting better but theres no comparison!
that's right Wrote:Come on Scotty/Steve, Elkins is by far our best choice. I do like Young a lot, he is getting better but theres no comparison!

I bet if Elkins couldn't start or play against the eagles. Messer would end up at qb 90% of that game. Our backup is not ready for a eagle defense coming at him.
But Elkins will be ready. If we don't cut down on turnovers in the big games. Don't matter who the qb would be!!
16 turnovers in the three big games. Ashland, Fairview and Russell!!!!!!
E's Army Wrote:Raceland will overwhelm Allen Central. They will get to play a lot young kids and rest for Fairview two weeks further down the road.

Sounds like you are overlooking a few teams.
FBALL Wrote:Games like this are why we should go back to an 11 game regular season and only the top two from each district make the playoffs.

I think it should be the top 3 from each district. With the winners earning a buy. There are 3 seeds that can win and deserve a shot.
raceland i guess Confusednicker:hang in there never been to raceland 64sur. Confusedmoke:
Raceland by whatever the score they want!
Raceland 42-14
Raceland 42
Allen Central 7
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I think it should be the top 3 from each district. With the winners earning a buy. There are 3 seeds that can win and deserve a shot.

No byes. Just top two. Hell, I could even go for just the district champ. Earn your way in. If you are number three you should have taken care of business. Makes the regular season more interesting too.
I think I will go with AC on this one:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
E's Army Wrote:Raceland is on a mission. They want to get a second chance at Fairview.

Be careful what you wish for.......
Raceland by a bunch
FBALL Wrote:No byes. Just top two. Hell, I could even go for just the district champ. Earn your way in. If you are number three you should have taken care of business. Makes the regular season more interesting too.

I was just thinking a lot if times you see 3 way ties at the top if districts also it makes winning the District more important
Rams win big!!
Raceland with the upset haha Confusedmile:
Here they come 64..... Confusedmoke: Confusedmoke: Confusedmoke:
Slic Ric Wrote:They will still have to go o n the road and beat Pikeville again before that happens.

Not being mean but that should be no problem.
Raceland. Allen Central pays the price for the top 4 making the playoffs. They win another loss.
that's right Wrote:Come on Scotty/Steve, Elkins is by far our best choice. I do like Young a lot, he is getting better but theres no comparison!

Not taking anything away from Adam. He is a solid junior quarterback. And he IS the best option for the starter. My only problem with him is he very rarely goes through his reads, even when given ample time, he also has some trouble with keeping his feet set when he releases. Part of it is his height id have to believe. Both contribute to his innacuracy at times.

He has grown up alot this year and been a great leader for the team. He is also a great kid. I think he has learned from each mistake, as he has cleaned up the fumbling we saw early in the year. I think we will see a more determined and effecient Ram squad through the playoffs.