Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for Coach Hicks
Guys please keep Coach Billy Hicks and his family in your prayers. His son Tyler who was a really good player at Scott Co was involved in a serious car accident Tuesday night and I recieved word tonight that he has gone to a better place.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Coach Hicks and his family. Basketball is so small when it comes to family. May God give you peace, strength and comfort.
Prayers.
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith". 2 Timothy 4:7.... The Hicks and Hendrickson family appreciates all the prayers from all of our friends and relatives. I have probably seen 500 high school basketball games in my life. Tyler played harder than any kid I have ever seen play the game. He fought the last 3 days just as hard as he fought in any of those basketball games. The doctors tell us Tyler's brain is now dead and we are just waiting for his heart to stop beating. All of our hearts are broken.
Our deepest heartfelt sympathies go out to the families and friends. What a terrible tragedy. Your family will be in our prayers.
Very sad news. Prayers to the family and community.
Saw this on the news. Was on his way back to Ft. Knox. Godspeed soldier.
Tyler's heart quit beating at 9:58 AM this morning. Billy and Betsy have honored Tyler in the most beautiful way possible. They have donated his organs so someone else's child will live. Whoever gets Tyler's heart is getting a damn good one.
^ That is absolutely amazing. Thoughts and prayers for the family.
Sorry for your loss , and thoughts and prayers from the Red Devil nation.
May god bless and keep you. You will need he now more than ever.
Tyler Hicks
Obituary
Guest Book
"Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers"
- Kimberly Gallo Unfried
View Sign

GEORGETOWN - First Lieutenant William Tyler Hicks, 27, of Georgetown, Kentucky, passed with his family by his side on October 26, 2012. He was born January 17, 1985 in Harlan, Kentucky to Elizabeth "Betsy" and Coach Billy Hicks. He was a 2004 graduate of Scott County High School where he was point guard for the basketball team. His team made it to the Final Four State Championship his senior year. He was a four time Toyota Classic All Tournament Team Member. He graduated with honors from the University of Kentucky in 2008 with a bachelor's degree in History. First Lieutenant William Tyler Hicks was commissioned as Second Lieutenant in the Transportation Corps from the University of Kentucky in 2011. His first assignment was to the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, of the 1st Infantry Division, The Big Red One, stationed at Ft. Knox, Kentucky in November of 2011. While in the 3rd Brigade, Lieutenant Hicks was a Distribution Platoon Leader in Golf Company, 201st Brigade Support Battalion assigned to the 1st Battalion 6th Field Artillery Regiment. Tyler was promoted to 1st Lieutenant on the 3rd of October 2012 and reassigned as the Maintenance Platoon Leader in Golf Company. Tyler loved the outdoors and was happiest when he was fishing and kayaking with his father. He was an avid sports fan and loved basketball and horse racing. In addition to his parents Betsy and Billy, Tyler is survived by his sister, Ashley Hicks of Lexington, Kentucky; grandmothers, Edna Hendrickson of Evarts, Kentucky and Maggie Hicks of Harlan, Kentucky; special friends, Robin Timmons of Lexington, Kentucky and Cassie Warren of Chicago, Illinois and a host of family and friends. He was preceded in death by grandfathers, James Hendrickson and Orie Hicks. Visitation is 4-8pm Sunday, October 28, 2012 at Scott County High School Gymnasium. Memorial services will be 6pm Monday, October 29, 2012 at the Scott County High School Gymnasium. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests contributions in memory of Tyler Hicks to the Scott County Youth Basketball 420 North Broadway, Georgetown, Kentucky and Tri County Sports Authority Youth Basketball PO Box 1925 Corbin, Kentucky 40702. Tucker, Yocum and Wilson Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be made at http://www.tuckeryocumwilson.com

Published in Lexington Herald-Leader on October 27, 2012

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kentuck...rylink=cpy
rojas Wrote:Tyler's heart quit beating at 9:58 AM this morning. Billy and Betsy have honored Tyler in the most beautiful way possible. They have donated his organs so someone else's child will live. Whoever gets Tyler's heart is getting a damn good one.

What an amazingly beautiful thing to do. To be able to think about other's need in such a time of grief; it's difficult to fathom this degree of love.

Prayers and support have been coming from the Black Bear Nation since we heard about this tragedy. I cannot imagine losing a child!!

Thank you for your service, Tyler; go in peace.

The Hicks family will certainly continue to be in our prayers.
Coach Hicks and his family is in our prayer...