Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tribute to Joe Bill
Joe Bill drove a school bus for Harlan County. He was one that always went to the athletic functions, and as far as I know the kids loved him. He kept us laughing with his dry sense of humor, and was never at a loss for a joke. He was one of the kindest people I know, and I was proud to call him my friend.

This afternoon, Joe Bill suddenly and tragically died of an "apparent" heart attack. As I understand it, he was having chest pain, called in and an ambulance had gotten to him, but he subsequently collapsed and died.

I will miss him the most, I think, during the scheduled tournament at Hilton Head at Christmas time. He was there last year, and had the time of his life.

So goodbye, my friend. A lot of people are saddened by this untimely passing.
Very sad. Life is so unpredictable. You can be here one second and gone the next. RIP.
I am deeply saddened...Joe Bill was a GREAT guy and loved the kids....he will be sorely missed in the Harlan County community...I am going to miss him on Friday nights...he was always around with a smile on his face.
Saddened to see the news. He seems like an excellent guy. RIP and prayers go out to the Harlan County family.
Did not know him long but he drove the baseball and football bus that my son played and he was a great guy, never seen him mad or with a bad word to say. Thank god for the time he was with us and prayers to his family and friends.
Joe Bill was a dedicated family man, a terrific father, grandfather, husband, mentor, and friend to all. He was terrific at his job and loved the people of Harlan County. He will be sorely missed and may his legacy live on forever!

To a true community servant that always put others ahead of himself, you will always be missed!

From the Entire Black Bear Family and Community!!!
I loved Joe Bill, he was always smiling and had such a wonderful since of humor. He truly loved the kids and talking with everyone. He will be truly missed and I know the Lord has received another angel today. Please pray for his family.
RIP Mr. Bill.

Most schools have one bus driver they get to drive to all the athletic functions.
I know we did and the kids loved him. Always sad to see someone go...
True!

But this guy was special. He truely loved what he did, and it showed. I don't think I ever saw him when he wasn't smiling.
Prayers to the family and community.