Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle for Jefferson county public high school supremacy
will pit 8-1 Lou Central against 9-0 PRP . PRP has one of the top 2 qb's in Jeff co if not the state but PRP is not battle tested as much as Central IMO .
Thoughts ,predictions ......
I know there's no interest for Jefferson county football, however outside StX -trinity this the biggest game this season in Jefferson county IMO
I am very excited to see how this plays out. Central's score against Larue Co was shocking, but I can't help but think it was due to them looking ahead to this game. The Jackets have set out to be the best team in Louisville not named X or T... for this year at least here is their chance to do just that.

Should be a battle.
PRP's qb is a 4 year starter & they are @ home shooting for 10-0, central has one the fastest defenses in the state, I'll give the nod to PRP , but that doesn't mean central can't (won't) win.
PRP should win this game. If they don't it is even more of a reflection of how overrated Louisville public school football has been. Good undefeated 6A teams should beat good 8-1 3A teams that struggled at home against a Larue Co. team that has a losing record.

PRP 34-14.
This isn't just a Louisville game, a lot of the kids on these teams grew up in the same Southwick neighborhood, so this is personal for both sides.

I think Central is more prepared for this game than PRP is, with Central playing a tough schedule and being competitive or dominating in each game. However, PRP has shown that it can score on anybody. Explosive offense vs. a rock solid defense.

I like Central by 7
@ thunderlips Central is not an ordinary 3A team ,I think MOST people on this site realize that. That's like calling ALL of northern ky weak cause they can't beat 4A highlands or ALL of western Kentucky is weak cause nobody can beat 1A mayfield.
It's not about the class it's about specific programs.
Coachdad Wrote:@ thunderlips Central is not an ordinary 3A team ,I think MOST people on this site realize that. That's like calling ALL of northern ky weak cause they can't beat 4A highlands or ALL of western Kentucky is weak cause nobody can beat 1A mayfield.
It's not about the class it's about specific programs.
As good as Central has been the past 6-7 years, they have struggled to beat the 6A schools in Jefferson County. This year they have beaten a medicore Ballard team and a weak Manual team. PRP is definetly better than Ballard and Manual and Central struggled with both of them. More concerning to me is their struggles with a 3A Larue County team with a losing record on their home field. Central is the best team in 3A, no question about that. But there is a reason they are 3A and that is because of enrollment. Enrollment matters in football. It's why they have classifications. A 9-0 6A team should beat a 8-1 3A team nine times out of 10. Just my opinion.
What about 4A highlands against anybody not named Trinity ? Any year.
Coachdad Wrote:What about 4A highlands against anybody not named Trinity ? Any year.

Are you comparing Central to Highlands? They aren't even in the same stratosphere as programs.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Central is a very good team. You started the thread and took offense when I said good 6A teams should beat good 3A teams. IMO, good 6A teams should always beat good 3A teams. End of story.
I say Central was looking past Larue County last week, Central 21-17 this week. How would a Highlands/PRP come out,if they played 10 games? I think is what Coachdad was getting at. I really don't know alot about PRP, but I do know that Central is a very good 3A school. Good luck to both teams,should be a great game.
Pirates2012 Wrote:How would a Highlands/PRP come out,if they played 10 games? I think is what Coachdad was getting at. I really don't know alot about PRP, but I do know that Central is a very good 3A school. Good luck to both teams,should be a great game.
Highlands would beat PRP 10 out of 10 times....make that 100 out of 100 times. Central ain't no Highlands.
Do you all realize that PRP beat Central last year?
If Central was looking past LaRue County, it's awful ironic, bc they must have done the same last year. Central beat LaRue by 3 scores last year, which wouldn't mean much except for the fact that it was the closest any 3A team had played Central all year long outside of Belfry (keep in mind that Wales didn't play in the state championship game last year, either).

It won't shock me in the least to see PRP win. They have beaten Central the last two years, and in 2010 it was pretty handily (41-6).
If Central was looking past LaRue County, it's awful ironic, bc they must have done the same last year. Central beat LaRue by 3 scores last year, which wouldn't mean much except for the fact that it was the closest any 3A team had played Central all year long outside of Belfry (keep in mind that Wales didn't play in the state championship game last year, either).

It won't shock me in the least to see PRP win. They have beaten Central the last two years, and in 2010 it was pretty handily (41-6).
Thunder Lips Wrote:Are you comparing Central to Highlands? They aren't even in the same stratosphere as programs.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Central is a very good team. You started the thread and took offense when I said good 6A teams should beat good 3A teams. IMO, good 6A teams should always beat good 3A teams. End of story.
Took offense????????????!????dude were talking about HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL here, (not important enough to take offense), I'm not trying to belittle you in any shape form or fashion ,pirates 2012 understood what I was saying... Why can't you?? You stated that programs of higher classes should beat teams of lower classes, the point I was making is that some of the lower class teams are ELITE ! & it doesn't matter who Their playing, & I pre apologize for calling you "dude" if your not , we do have some female members on here.
Coachdad Wrote:You stated that programs of higher classes should beat teams of lower classes, the point I was making is that some of the lower class teams are ELITE ! & it doesn't matter who Their playing,

Some of the lower class teams are elite. Central generally doesn't fall into that category as their history against JCPS 6A shows that.
I take no offense lips I just disagree whereas last season they beat regional finalists Ballard & lex Lafayette . Again lips I take no offense because your thought process is not identical to mine.