Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic 49, Covington Holy Cross 10
Final, NCC wins the district outright, Holy Cross ends up as the 3rd seed.

Don't let the record fool you, NewCath is the best team in 2A
^ Amen. But lets keep that a secret from Wideleft....
toussaints Wrote:Final, NCC wins the district outright, Holy Cross ends up as the 3rd seed.

Don't let the record fool you, NewCath is the best team in 2A

I don't think HC has #3 locked in yet. Lloyd needs to beat Newport for HC to get the third seed tonight. However, if Newport pulls the upset over Lloyd, there is a 3-way tie. Lloyd gets #2 either way. HC would have to beat Holmes next week in order to have enough tie breaker "points" to get the third seed. Otherwise, if HC loses, the single Ludlow victory would be enough to give Newport the third seed and HC fall to #4.
^ man dont you just love the power of a points system in a 3 way tie...
nkypete Wrote:I don't think HC has #3 locked in yet. Lloyd needs to beat Newport for HC to get the third seed tonight. However, if Newport pulls the upset over Lloyd, there is a 3-way tie. Lloyd gets #2 either way. HC would have to beat Holmes next week in order to have enough tie breaker "points" to get the third seed. Otherwise, if HC loses, the single Ludlow victory would be enough to give Newport the third seed and HC fall to #4.

my mistake, you're correct nkypete, either way both newport and holy cross are on the road for the playoffs.
toussaints Wrote:my mistake, you're correct nkypete, either way both newport and holy cross are on the road for the playoffs.

Well, you are certainly right about NCC being the best 2A team at the moment!
they were somewhat of an unknown going into the season, especially coming off a regional loss to Holy Cross. NCC played a brutal schedule early so it was going to be really hard for people to see how good they could be. I think the SK game was when NCC had everything figured out and have rolled ever since. Having Thacker back has been huge