Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region
How does the 15th region shake out this year? Is it Johnson County's to lose? Who are the contenders?
East Ridge will be strong again, Magoffin county???, can Pikeville have a run after losing several starters????
This would be my top 5

1. Johnson Central
2. East Ridge
3. Lawrence Co.
4. Magoffin Co.
5. Pikeville
Teams in KSCA preseason top 25 poll:

None

Top Teams:

1. Johnson Central
2. East Ridge
3. Magoffin Co.
4. Lawrence Co.
5. Pikeville
6. Shelby Valley
7. Paintsville
8. Belfry
9. Pike County Central
10. Prestonsburg

Top Players:

1. Brooke Williamson Jr Johnson Central
2. Chole Blair Sr Johnson Central
3. Kristen Caudill Sr Lawrence Co.
4. Rebeckah Fairchild So Johnson Central
5. Tabitha Potter Sr East Ridge
6. Rachelle Fairchild So Johnson Central
7. Hannah Skaggs Fr Magoffin Co.
8. Teena Rowe Sr East Ridge
9. Mariah Newsome Jr Shelby Valley
10. Mollie Blackburn Sr Pikeville
I expect pikeville to be in the top 3 don't count them out to soon there program has done nothing but get better every year. I think they will be near the top of the 15th they are better than there record shows , a credit to the rest of the compition.
Odd-only one pitcher in the top 10 and also that JC has 4 players included.
Mollie Blackburn is a good player, but so is Aleah Bartley and Amber Sexton from PC, Christian Yates and Kelsie Fuller from ER, Kim Taylor from SV, etc. I would rank these players comparable to any of the 10 listed.
I agree that Pikeville will be competitive this year if their pitching is up to par. They return a core team that is very good, offensively and defensively. East Ridge will also be in the running-losing only two players last year. Johnson Central is always solid.
columbia_411 Wrote:Mollie Blackburn is a good player, but so is Aleah Bartley and Amber Sexton from PC, Christian Yates and Kelsie Fuller from ER, Kim Taylor from SV, etc. I would rank these players comparable to any of the 10 listed.

I agree. Bartley was an east/west all star and Sexton made the state All A team.
Looks to me like the votes came from the northern end of the 15th