4. Owen County
5. Gallatin County
6. Simon Kenton
7. North Oldham
8. Anderson County
9. Grant County
10. Carroll County

1. Dez Marshall- 6'5" Sr. (Collins)
2. Kristian Morgan- 6'0" Sr. (Gallatin County)
3. Shea Goodlett- 6'1" Sr. (South Oldham)
4. David Levitch- 5'11" Sr. (North Oldham)
5. Sam Gruber- 5'11" Sr. (Oldham County)
6. Tyler Carr- 6'0" Jr. (Grant County)
7. Andrew Sampson- 6'1" Sr. (Simon Kenton)
8. Carson Williams- 6'5" Fr. (Owen County)
9. Brandon Miller- 6'0" Sr. (Spencer County)
10. Jay Smith- 6'1" Sr. (Anderson County)

List compiled by John Herndon with The Anderson News
The 8th should be highly competitive ... A bunch of well coached teams. This group of players looks solid. I think players 1-5 led their team in scoring last year , could be wrong but I think .....
coloneldad Wrote:The 8th should be highly competitive ... A bunch of well coached teams. This group of players looks solid. I think players 1-5 led their team in scoring last year , could be wrong but I think .....

I know that Dez Marshall lead Collins in scoring last year with over 17 points per game. According to the KHSAA website Kristian Morgan lead his team in scoring as well as Shae Goodlett, David Levitch, Sam Gruber, and Tyler Carr. So the top 6 players all lead their teams in scoring last year.
Shelby is still young ( only 2 seniors) but finally have a coach. Couch will coach some wins out of this team..... I seen it in the summer at Hanover when they went 2-2....thank goodness they got rid of Parsons.
I think Anderson will surprise some this year as well. They will be small, but I think they have a chance to be better than they were last year and will have a three guard lineup of Estes, Smith and Mann that will cause people some trouble. Even though I think they can be better I don't know that they will improve on a 21-9 record they posted last year which was a nice surprise. I think they can be a top four contender in the region if their 3's fall and they can keep up the defensive pressure. If either of those faulter, and some games I'm sure they will, then they will struggle, but they just might beat some teams that maybe they aren't supposed to when things are clicking for them too.
gohard Wrote:1. Collins
2. South Oldham
3. Oldham County
4. Owen County
5. Gallatin County
6. Simon Kenton
7. North Oldham
8. Anderson County
9. Grant County
10. Carroll County

1. Dez Marshall- 6'5" Sr. (Collins)
2. Kristian Morgan- 6'0" Sr. (Gallatin County)
3. Shea Goodlett- 6'1" Sr. (South Oldham)
4. David Levitch- 5'11" Sr. (North Oldham)
5. Sam Gruber- 5'11" Sr. (Oldham County)
6. Tyler Carr- 6'0" Jr. (Grant County)
7. Andrew Sampson- 6'1" Sr. (Simon Kenton)
8. Carson Williams- 6'5" Fr. (Owen County)
9. Brandon Miller- 6'0" Sr. (Spencer County)
10. Jay Smith- 6'1" Sr. (Anderson County)

List compiled by John Herndon with The Anderson News

IF Williams is #8, definitely lots of talent in the 8th region!
BigVMan23 Wrote:I think Anderson will surprise some this year as well. They will be small, but I think they have a chance to be better than they were last year and will have a three guard lineup of Estes, Smith and Mann that will cause people some trouble. Even though I think they can be better I don't know that they will improve on a 21-9 record they posted last year which was a nice surprise. I think they can be a top four contender in the region if their 3's fall and they can keep up the defensive pressure. If either of those faulter, and some games I'm sure they will, then they will struggle, but they just might beat some teams that maybe they aren't supposed to when things are clicking for them too.
A lot of teams could be considered pretty good if things fall right!!! Even Shelby with their young talent could be good on a given night that everything falls into place.
Well sure, but here is the point you are missing. IF those pieces fall into place, I think AC can be a top 4 contender, moreso than IF things fall into place for some of the other region schools ranked toward the middle and bottom. I'm not looking at it in a vacum. So, for instance, the Shelby Co squad you mentioned...if AC and Shelby played each other (and they will) and they both played to their respective ability, I think AC wins. Just my opinion, might not be right but what I think. Now, their margin of error will probably be pretty small, I don't think they can overcome a lot should something not be clicking because they probably won't be very deep.
Carroll County has not beaten Henry County in 5 years, but Carroll is ranked higher.
Eminence could be good.:HitWall: