Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Offense in the State
Avery Bullock Wrote:The thread asked for best offense regardless of class. Sure, if Williamsburg's offense played against Trinity's D, the Jackets wouldn't score their average of 48 points. The question was best offense, period.

Also, your assertion that Williamsburg hasn't played against a good defense is just plain WRONG! The teams you mentioned are definitely NOT defensive powerhouses, but you obviously don't follow Tennessee football at all.

Williamsburg went TO Oneida and scored 20 points on an EXCELLENT team that went to the state quarterfinals last year. Plus, the Indians returned 16 seniors and 16 starters to this year's team. Oneida gives up only 11 points per game. The only team to score more points on Oneida was Greenback which is #3 in Tennessee. They hung 26 points on the Indians and have averaged 41 points per game since. Oneida is a GREAT defensive team.

True, the Jackets have been running amok against weak defenses, but their performance against Oneida is PROOF POSITIVE that they have been tested and made good account of themselves.

BTW, Williamsburg's 301 point differential between points scored/allowed is third in the state. Only Bourbon County (318) and Highlands (302) rank higher.
Oneida is giving up 17 points per game in non-district games, Williamsburg score 9 above average...I guess that is PROOF POSITIVE!

Good Luck the rest of the way!
T1up Wrote:yeah the little bunnies have ran from Corbin for years choosing to play a higher class to keep away from the hounds. Hounds move up and they ran back to 2a not wanting no part of Corbin or Bell either. Hey bunnies get us on your schedule next year everyone knows we are down,so here is your chance. The last 2 games you played against a team from this county you are 0-2. I beat the bunnies don't schedule Breathitt or Whitley next year.:CE_DP_Ste
Somerset and Corbin have two common opponents this year...
Somerset 2-0 vs Danville and Lex Christian
Corbin 0-2 vs Danville and Lex Christian

yeah Somerset is dodging Corbin
Jumper Dad Wrote:Somerset and Corbin have two common opponents this year...
Somerset 2-0 vs Danville and Lex Christian
Corbin 0-2 vs Danville and Lex Christian

yeah Somerset is dodging Corbin

Yeah the last 3 times we played the bunnie 98-07-08 Corbin won all three and after that the bunnies started running "anybody got a good rabbit dog" tell me jumper dad when was the last time Somerset beat Corbin
^ Not sure when last win against Corbin was...I do know that they would be at best 3rd in our district based on performance against teams in our district this year. Maybe Corbin needs quit scheduling 2A teams.

Why does Corbin dodge Whitley BTW? I guess you would have to drop Mighty McCreary or Casey County to fit them in.
Corbin plays McCreary and Casey because they are in their district. Mandated by KHSAA unless they want forfeits. If they were in your district you would change classes to avoid them.
1. Trinity
2. WKU
3. UL
4. EKU
5. Highlands
6. BG
7. St. X
8. UK
Trinity! By far. The best .
Jumper Dad Wrote:Oneida is giving up 17 points per game in non-district games, Williamsburg score 9 above average...I guess that is PROOF POSITIVE!

Good Luck the rest of the way!

So, when Coalfield (ranked #12 in Tennessee) averages 43 points against all other opponents and only manages 14 against Oneida, that isn't an indication that Oneida plays good D?

Besides Williamsburg, Oneida's non-district opponents this year have been Greenback (ranked #3 in the state), West Greene and Cumberland Gap.

Greenback has averaged 41 points per game against all other opponents besides Oneida but only scored 26 against the Indians.

West Greene averages 19 points per game but only 9 against Oneida.

Cumberland Gap averages 32 but only put up 14 against Oneida.

Stats don't lie. Oneida is a very good defensive team and Williamsburg took them down to the wire on their own field.

Therefore, Williamsburg has a very good offense and HAS, contrary to your erroneous post, played a team that plays D.

You made a mistake, it's no big deal. The simplest thing to do would be to man up, admit it and move on with your life.
the A team Wrote:Williamsburg can score any time. They have too many weapons to not be the best offense in the state

Very true, but what about Fairview? #1 in the state in rushing, that's the state not class "a". 410 yards a game
64SUR Wrote::what:Confusederved:JUMPER DAD :policeman:policeman:policeman give us a call here at williamsburg for next year 2013.let see just how good of a defense you have,an lets leave the girls softball team out of this:blondeche just maybe :Sad04: you dont have a offense an that want win a state title:flush::please:play us:ilikeit::partyhard

Oh I am starting to really pull for Williamsburg out west. Alas weak schedule leads to the boys starting basketball practice on the first Fri in Dec not playing football so im thinking Hazard or Fairview out west. I am really rooting for Williamsburg though as they talk alot of trash.and i want to really want to see if they can back it up against a team from the West be it us Beechwood or Frankfort.

Best 1a offense tie between Mayfield and Frankfort would go with Fairview if their schedule was a bit tougher will give then major props for smacking Raceland

2a just not sure.

3a lex cath

4a not sure

5a Franklin County although i dont know if they Bgreens schedule they would have scored as much.

6a Trinity
Lex Cath is 4A ^
WideRight05 Wrote:1. Trinity
2. WKU
3. UL
4. EKU
5. Highlands
6. BG
7. St. X
8. UK

Show a bit of respect.....Russell Co should be at #8 and UK #9
UK shouldnt even get no respect at all.Way to young, lot of young talent, no coaching or support needed to compete in a brutal league.
laker20 Wrote:Show a bit of respect.....Russell Co should be at #8 and UK #9

U should throw an NAIA school in there above uk
Trinity, Highlands, Bowling Green, Franklin County.
bac2369 Wrote:Lex Cath is 4A ^

Sorry meant to put not sure on 3a and Lex Cath on 4a.
FBfan4life Wrote:True, but what do they give up?

I thought the title was best Offence, not who gives up points.
In the last 4 games, Bowling Green has out scored their opponents 175-3. Owensboro and Warren Central were 2 of those teams.