Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan County @ Magoffin County 10/19
Thoughts and predictions for this 3a district 7 rivalry game. Both teams coming off losses, Morgan to Breathitt 27-12, Magoffin to Boyd 35-8.
I think the Hornets are gonna come out ready to play after that loss last night and bring their A game. If they play like they're capable of playing, Morgan is gonna have their hands full. I hope the Hornets can pull out the W, it would be great for our program.
Morgan knows what this game means.
MCHSHornets#5 Wrote:I think the Hornets are gonna come out ready to play after that loss last night and bring their A game. If they play like they're capable of playing,[B] Morgan is gonna have their hands full[/B]. I hope the Hornets can pull out the W, it would be great for our program.

Be determined next Friday night.
Morgan bounces back into the win column. They win by 14.
Morgan Co. is a solid team and will win this game easily.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Morgan by 21
F.N.L. Wrote:Be determined next Friday night.

Indeed it will, I'm looking forward to it. I'd love to see a close, competitive game. Best of luck to both of the teams
Magoffin county

Aug 24, 12 Leslie County away 22 - 38 (L)
Aug 30, 12 Paintsville home 46 - 12 (W)
Sep 7, 12 West Carter away 28 - 26 (W)
Sep 14, 12 Shelby Valley home 14 - 52 (L)
Sep 21, 12 Knott County Central home 40 - 8 (W)
Sep 28, 12 Breathitt County away 8 - 39 (L)
Oct 5, 12 Jackson County away 38 - 16 (W)
Oct 12, 12 Boyd County home 8 - 35 (L)
Oct 19, 12 Morgan County home
Oct 26, 12 Lewis County away

Morgan county
Aug 24, 12 Boyd County away 38 - 22 (W)
Aug 31, 12 Estill County home 44 - 8 (W)
Sep 8, 12 Pendleton County home 54 - 12 (W)
Sep 14, 12 South Floyd away 46 - 0 (W)
Sep 21, 12 Middlesboro home 28 - 6 (W)
Sep 28, 12 Jackson County home 44 - 0 (W)
Oct 4, 12 Knott County Central away 42 - 0 (W)
Oct 12, 12 Breathitt County home 12 - 27 (L)
Oct 19, 12 Magoffin County away
Oct 26, 12 East Carter away
F.N.L. Wrote:Magoffin county

Aug 24, 12 Leslie County away 22 - 38 (L)
Aug 30, 12 Paintsville home 46 - 12 (W)
Sep 7, 12 West Carter away 28 - 26 (W)
Sep 14, 12 Shelby Valley home 14 - 52 (L)
Sep 21, 12 Knott County Central home 40 - 8 (W)
Sep 28, 12 Breathitt County away 8 - 39 (L)
Oct 5, 12 Jackson County away 38 - 16 (W)
Oct 12, 12 Boyd County home 8 - 35 (L)
Oct 19, 12 Morgan County home
Oct 26, 12 Lewis County away

Morgan county
Aug 24, 12 Boyd County away 38 - 22 (W)
Aug 31, 12 Estill County home 44 - 8 (W)
Sep 8, 12 Pendleton County home 54 - 12 (W)
Sep 14, 12 South Floyd away 46 - 0 (W)
Sep 21, 12 Middlesboro home 28 - 6 (W)
Sep 28, 12 Jackson County home 44 - 0 (W)
Oct 4, 12 Knott County Central away 42 - 0 (W)
Oct 12, 12 Breathitt County home 12 - 27 (L)
Oct 19, 12 Magoffin County away
Oct 26, 12 East Carter away

Not to take anything away from Morgan county, but it's no wonder they've only lost one game......they haven't played anyone. I mean you could compare their game against Boyd county to the game Magoffin played them but to be honest Magoffin had a horrible night against Boyd which tends to happen when you have a young team. I think this is going to be a lot closer than everyone thinks, especially since it's a rivalry game.
Morgan bounces back and wins 36-14
morgan county by 28:baldbull:
Morgan 38-14
MCHSHornets#5 Wrote:Not to take anything away from Morgan county, but it's no wonder they've only lost one game......they haven't played anyone. I mean you could compare their game against Boyd county to the game Magoffin played them but to be honest Magoffin had a horrible night against Boyd which tends to happen when you have a young team. I think this is going to be a lot closer than everyone thinks, especially since it's a rivalry game.

Now #5 you have brought this on. I was going to let it go BUT. Let's look at your schedule. had to "come back" against a winless West Carter team to win 28-26. Got crushed by Shelby Valley who got crushed by Middlesboro. Morgan beat Middlesboro 28-6. Morgan had Boyd down 30-6, Morgan played Breathitt to 7-6 in the 3rd quarter. Like I said I wasn't going down this road until you bashed who Morgan has played. Breathitt is a great team but Morgan hung tough with them. It is a rivalry game, you are right. You are the "MORGAN IS GOING TO HAVE THEIR HANDS FULL" coment guy. you are the "NO WONDER, LOOK AT THEIR SCHEDULE GUY" coment guy. I don't recall anyone from Morgan saying anything at all negative towards Magoffin. I posted their schedules to get a look at the game match-up.
Game will be a good one if the Hornets come out an play full game of football and get the offense going early and of the defense plays well (they will have to play well to contain the cougars). If they don't do either, it will get ugly. Both teams are improved from last year, the Honets just have not showed it yet due to shooting themselves in the foot. Good luck to both teams. But go Hornets!
Morgan County by 14.

Morgan County - 35
Magoffin- 21
[Image:

]
Morgan Co
I might try to go to this one. I like both teams. It's a football game, but I hope both teams have a clean, safe game and that the fans show respect to each other.
Morgan Co wins by 40+
Morgan wins 45-14.
F.N.L. Wrote:Now #5 you have brought this on. I was going to let it go BUT. Let's look at your schedule. had to "come back" against a winless West Carter team to win 28-26. Got crushed by Shelby Valley who got crushed by Middlesboro. Morgan beat Middlesboro 28-6. Morgan had Boyd down 30-6, Morgan played Breathitt to 7-6 in the 3rd quarter. Like I said I wasn't going down this road until you bashed who Morgan has played. Breathitt is a great team but Morgan hung tough with them. It is a rivalry game, you are right. You are the "MORGAN IS GOING TO HAVE THEIR HANDS FULL" coment guy. you are the "NO WONDER, LOOK AT THEIR SCHEDULE GUY" coment guy. I don't recall anyone from Morgan saying anything at all negative towards Magoffin. I posted their schedules to get a look at the game match-up.

I never did say anything negative about Morgan county, I know they're a good team, I know it's gonna be a tough game for Magoffin, and I said, "If Magoffin comes out and plays like they're capable of then Morgan will have their hands full." Please don't twist my words. I just stated that Morgan County's strength of schedule is a little bad, I never did bash them, hint me saying, "Not to take anything away from Morgan." And also you can't really go by the game match-up anyway because on any given night any team can win. Everyone has their good nights and bad nights, Magoffin being a young team and still learning they have had more bad nights than good ones, they could come out and play the game of their lives this Friday, you just never know. I'm just leaving it at that, interpret it how you please, but never did I "bash" Morgan.
Morgan Co.