Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicholas Co 54 Paintsville 46
What an effort from these young Tigers tonight. True freshmen Kash Daniels throws 4 TD's and runs for 2 more 70,50 yds and played with bruised ribs on both sides. These kids led again at halftime for the 5th time this year and come up short but no one is hanging their heads. Trent Childers left in an ambulance at half with a concussion but played his heart out as did the rest of those kids. So proud to watch a great effort from these kids. Peyton Smith had all 4 td receptions and was close to a fifth but was called incomplete which was crap but thats the way it goes sometimes. These kids are really close to winning just a few players short right now but keep posting blow out wins for the opposition please cause they feed from it and it centers their focus even more. One staff member said the pre game speech was the best he had heard from a freshmen in his life. Keep working hard and those chins high Tigers, proud to be from Tiger Town
Wow!! Impressive!!!
Great offensive game!
Fantastic effort from the tigers tonight they made us all proud
I forgot to mention congrats to Nicholas Co. on the win. You guys really gutted out a good one with a huge running game. Best to you all the rest of the way.
The level of energy, excitement and competitive spirit that these young men have restored to this football program cannot be measured by simply reading a won/lost record. I do not want to wax philosophically too much here, but what we fans see out on the field every Friday night leaves us wanting more. These Young Tigers are playing good football against tough opponents, and with as much heart as I have ever seen on any team in any sport. I am so damn proud of them that I have difficulty containing my emotions. It is truly an honor for our school and community to be represented by this group of exceptional young men. Much love and respect for my Paintsville Tigers.
Enough can't be said for the way the Tigers played last night. Interim-Head Coach Joe Chirico did an outstanding job coaching our boys last night. This guy is one of the best football coaches I've seen in awhile. The kids really play hard for this guy and he finally brought the excitement back to Memorial Field. I would love to see what this guy could do with a team of his own. Kash Daniel and Peyton Smith were outstanding. The game Smith had was one of the best from a Wide-out that I've seen in 15+ years. Last night was a good night to be a Paintsville Tiger. The fans were into the game, the coaches were into the game and most important the kids were playing inspired football. Last night looked like a 100% different Tiger team than the rest of the year. I can't wait to see what Coach Chirico can do with two more weeks in charge of these boys. Go Tigers!!!

I would like to also send out our prayers to Trent Childers and his family. We wish you a speedy recovery. Trent is a great kid with the heart of a lion.
How many yards did the smith kid have
Awesome effort by the young Tigers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
High scoring game
IBleedTrueBlue Wrote:Enough can't be said for the way the Tigers played last night. Interim-Head Coach Joe Chirico did an outstanding job coaching our boys last night. This guy is one of the best football coaches I've seen in awhile. The kids really play hard for this guy and he finally brought the excitement back to Memorial Field. I would love to see what this guy could do with a team of his own. Kash Daniel and Peyton Smith were outstanding. The game Smith had was one of the best from a Wide-out that I've seen in 15+ years. Last night was a good night to be a Paintsville Tiger. The fans were into the game, the coaches were into the game and most important the kids were playing inspired football. Last night looked like a 100% different Tiger team than the rest of the year. I can't wait to see what Coach Chirico can do with two more weeks in charge of these boys. Go Tigers!!!

I would like to also send out our prayers to Trent Childers and his family. We wish you a speedy recovery. Trent is a great kid with the heart of a lion.

They have been improving game to game which is a credit to all the coaches and the work ethic of the players. Get well wishes to Trent
Last night was a big first for me as I was running chains and got cussed the whole night, along with a very good friend of mine. Apparently the nicholas county faithful thought we were cheating the whole time lmao. Even though as far as I know that would be impossible. But the ref stopped the game and threatened to throw a couple out they chilled out after that.
Not the first time running chains btw the first time getting cussed and accused of cheating.
^You cheater !!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
[quote=IBleedTrueBlue]Enough can't be said for the way the Tigers played last night. Interim-Head Coach Joe Chirico did an outstanding job coaching our boys last night. This guy is one of the best football coaches I've seen in awhile. The kids really play hard for this guy and he finally brought the excitement back to Memorial Field. I would love to see what this guy could do with a team of his own. Kash Daniel and Peyton Smith were outstanding. The game Smith had was one of the best from a Wide-out that I've seen in 15+ years. Last night was a good night to be a Paintsville Tiger. The fans were into the game, the coaches were into the game and most important the kids were playing inspired football. Last night looked like a 100% different Tiger team than the rest of the year. I can't wait to see what Coach Chirico can do with two more weeks in charge of these boys. Go Tigers!!!

Now we are going in the right direction..:Thumbs:

Be patient tiger faithfuls, this guy will take us back to the promise land.
TigerBlues Wrote:What an effort from these young Tigers tonight. True freshmen Kash Daniels throws 4 TD's and runs for 2 more 70,50 yds and played with bruised ribs on both sides. These kids led again at halftime for the 5th time this year and come up short but no one is hanging their heads. Trent Childers left in an ambulance at half with a concussion but played his heart out as did the rest of those kids. So proud to watch a great effort from these kids. Peyton Smith had all 4 td receptions and was close to a fifth but was called incomplete which was crap but thats the way it goes sometimes. These kids are really close to winning just a few players short right now but keep posting blow out wins for the opposition please cause they feed from it and it centers their focus even more. One staff member said the pre game speech was the best he had heard from a freshmen in his life. Keep working hard and those chins high Tigers, proud to be from Tiger Town
As opposed to a redshirt Freshman? :biggrin:

Paintsville moving in the right direction. Chirico was a huge get for the Tigers.
OffTheHook Wrote:^You cheater !!!!!

lol it was pretty funny hook not gonna lie.
Ike Cooter Wrote:[quote=IBleedTrueBlue]Enough can't be said for the way the Tigers played last night. Interim-Head Coach Joe Chirico did an outstanding job coaching our boys last night. This guy is one of the best football coaches I've seen in awhile. The kids really play hard for this guy and he finally brought the excitement back to Memorial Field. I would love to see what this guy could do with a team of his own. Kash Daniel and Peyton Smith were outstanding. The game Smith had was one of the best from a Wide-out that I've seen in 15+ years. Last night was a good night to be a Paintsville Tiger. The fans were into the game, the coaches were into the game and most important the kids were playing inspired football. Last night looked like a 100% different Tiger team than the rest of the year. I can't wait to see what Coach Chirico can do with two more weeks in charge of these boys. Go Tigers!!!

Now we are going in the right direction..:Thumbs:

Be patient tiger faithfuls, this guy will take us back to the promise land.
From what everyone has told me and from what it sounded like on the radio, this was the Tigers best performance of the year. Any shot of BMR just taking basketball and Chirico being named football coach at the end of the season? I think BMR would bring the Tigers Basketball back to where he left it as a contender for a region title every year and Chirico would restore the Paintsville football tradition. That's a lot of what if's but could be a scary combo for teams up and down the river. Congrats to the Tigers on their strong showing this past Friday night and keeping fighting.
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:[quote=Ike Cooter]
From what everyone has told me and from what it sounded like on the radio, this was the Tigers best performance of the year. Any shot of BMR just taking basketball and Chirico being named football coach at the end of the season? I think BMR would bring the Tigers Basketball back to where he left it as a contender for a region title every year and Chirico would restore the Paintsville football tradition. That's a lot of what if's but could be a scary combo for teams up and down the river. Congrats to the Tigers on their strong showing this past Friday night and keeping fighting.

That's the plan eventually
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:[quote=JCHSEAGLE]

That's the plan eventually
If so, good plan but only time will tell.
This might be the most loved one win team ever. I wish Paintsville well, not buying in just yet.
Was told today that NC rushed for over 500 yards. 504 to be exact... The tigers maybe be headed in the right direction but will need to get the defensive co to scheme to stop the run. 500 plus rushing is just a crazy number to give up. You will not win if your staff cannot find a way to stop the run. Most basic rule of defensive football at any level stop the run. I wish the tigers the best a rise in their program will only make both them and JC better.
^Don't forget. Gotta stop the pass also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Panther Thunder Wrote:As opposed to a redshirt Freshman? :biggrin:

Paintsville moving in the right direction. Chirico was a huge get for the Tigers.

I suppose you've got more info than me but I know the kid turned 15 in July, if that's not a true freshmen as opposed to "redshirt" and hasn't taken a snap at qb in three years I don't know what is. You will get your chance to see him soon as it looks like the Tigers will be coming to Pikeville in the playoffs. Then you get another shot on the bump in the spring if the skipper will let him pitch but who knows how that will turn out. Last I heard he has had over 10 TD passes dropped this year and has rushed for around 500 or close to it. Not bad for a 15 yr old kid on a team with 18 dressing. Don't forget basketball either, solid group of freshmen. I helped coach him in elementary, he will be coming at you it's just his nature. Good luck to the Panthers the rest of the way.
I gotcha loud and clear OTH.... Lol
EagleFootballPride Wrote:Was told today that NC rushed for over 500 yards. 504 to be exact... The tigers maybe be headed in the right direction but will need to get the defensive co to scheme to stop the run. 500 plus rushing is just a crazy number to give up. You will not win if your staff cannot find a way to stop the run. Most basic rule of defensive football at any level stop the run. I wish the tigers the best a rise in their program will only make both them and JC better.
No doubt that is a chunk of yards given up. I think it's more than a scheme problem because Paintsville has one of the best if not the best defensive coaches in the mtns. 500 yds rushing says several things to me when I see the figure. First it says they won't hit anybody. Second it says they aren't very strong and are getting physically beat up. Third it say that Coach Runyon isn't spending much time on tackling in practice and he knows better because he coached under Brugh for many years. Finally I think the Tigers are just young. Also 500 yds can be a little skewed because from what I heard Nicholas Co. didn't throw the ball more than a handful of times. I'm guessing Paintsville fixes their problems if not this year, in the near future. Best of luck at Raceland!
How does whether they just threw it a few times skew their stats? Everyone who follows football knows th NC is very run heavy much like JCHS. So I guess the team you name represents has a lot of "skewed" stats. Fact is the coaching staff had no answer for the run game whether it be scheme or lack of depth. Whatever the reason you chose to believe it's the coaches job to "scheme" or prepare his kids through practice to stop a teams strengths. And I'm sorry but if you as a staff give up 500 yards rushing you have failed. And let me be very clear, this is by no means a failure on the kids part. The kids played very hard from what I can gather but and in my opinion there's no debate if your kids are playing as hard as these kids. To not have a better plan to stop the opposing teams strength is crazy and an injustice to the kids. Even if he is the greatest defensive coach in the mountains.. He sure does give up a lot of points and in this game rushing yards.
EagleFootballPride Wrote:I gotcha loud and clear OTH.... Lol

LOL ... I thought you might. Just pokin fun at ya.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:LOL ... I thought you might. Just pokin fun at ya.

If we can't have fun then what's this all about? Just somebody please defend somebody!
NC is very run heavy, they have some hard running backs. Not much speed, but hard nosed north and south running. Paintsville is coming up very young and talented team. Good luck in the future.