Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 47 Rockcastle County 14
Final

Knox Central 47

Rockcastle County 7
Absolute blowout.. big win for Knox Central. Good job!
[Image:

]
Congrats Knox!
can a mode fix the score of this game.... it is Knox 47- rock 14. got the info mixed up with another game..
sounds like they need to change out that rock i think all the good luck is rubbed off
Congrats Knox
K-N-O-X with a big win over the Rock
Knox looked real good tonight pulled starters with about 5:30 to go in 3rd an put in Jv it was 47-7 at that point good win
Knox has been on a roll all year.
Next week should be the biggest week in Knox Central football history.
What more can be said. Sad

From what I have heard, the administration is behind Coach Parkey, for good or for bad. I wont say any more.
The administration should be behind this coach and the staff. Go stand on the sidelines. The coaching staff works their tails off during the game. They coach the kids hard, and remain positive with them, through out the game. They are coaching just as hard when the score is 47-14 as they did when the score was 7-0. There is no quit in this staff.

Also they dont berate the kids for mistakes, like some other coaching staffs do in the area. Instead they teach the players.

From what I have seen the other teams Jimmies and Joes are bigger, stronger, & faster this year.

But the rock will be back. Its just a down cycle year.
Willie Turnover Wrote:The administration should be behind this coach and the staff. Go stand on the sidelines. The coaching staff works their tails off during the game. They coach the kids hard, and remain positive with them, through out the game. They are coaching just as hard when the score is 47-14 as they did when the score was 7-0. There is no quit in this staff.

Also they dont berate the kids for mistakes, like some other coaching staffs do in the area. Instead they teach the players.

From what I have seen the other teams Jimmies and Joes are bigger, stronger, & faster this year.

Where was the down cycle years under Larkey so the administration is ok with losing that not good for the whole county
Willie Turnover Wrote:The administration should be behind this coach and the staff. Go stand on the sidelines. The coaching staff works their tails off during the game. They coach the kids hard, and remain positive with them, through out the game. They are coaching just as hard when the score is 47-14 as they did when the score was 7-0. There is no quit in this staff.

So your saying the coaching has nothing to do with the current status of the program? You played man coverage against one of the fastest terams in the state (Frankfort). How is that the kids fault??? You run power and iso to death when its not working???? Last game I attended the coaches make those calls! People want a change and if you can't see past personal feelings to the truth, then don't criticize others for their honest opinions. Most people who bother to comment on Rockcastle this year is a true fan and wants the program to be successful again. If waiting for one middle school class is all we have then thats sad! I remember a time not too long ago that you didn't even look at freshmen because we were so good class to class. Not taking anything away from the middleschool team because I believe they are very good also but it's the coaches job to ensure wins year in and year out!!! How could anyone disagree that the coaches are ultimately responsible for wins and losses.
Amen brother
Briar jumper bd Wrote:So your saying the coaching has nothing to do with the current status of the program? You played man coverage against one of the fastest terams in the state (Frankfort). How is that the kids fault??? [B]You run power and iso to death when its not working???? [/B]Last game I attended the coaches make those calls! People want a change and if you can't see past personal feelings to the truth, then don't criticize others for their honest opinions. Most people who bother to comment on Rockcastle this year is a true fan and wants the program to be successful again. If waiting for one middle school class is all we have then thats sad! I remember a time not too long ago that you didn't even look at freshmen because we were so good class to class. Not taking anything away from the middleschool team because I believe they are very good also but it's the coaches job to ensure wins year in and year out!!! How could anyone disagree that the coaches are ultimately responsible for wins and losses.

If Rock would have played zone against Frankfort it wouldn't have mattered, it would have been the same out come when the final horn sounded.

Where and who have I criticized?

When you are in the game long enough you have cycles of talent. The talent at Rockcastle this year is down compared to past years and compared to the teams I have seen them play. Its just the nature of the game.

I am sure the Rockcastle Coaches will take ultimate responsibility for the losses but will credit the kids for the victories. That just seems to be the type of folks they are.
Congrats Knox,now go get Russell County!
rustyankle Wrote:where was the down cycle years under larkey so the administration is ok with losing that not good for the whole county

Willie Turnover Wrote:1998

At this point I would gladly take another 6 win season as a down year.
6 wins not down 2 wins is down
It all falls to the head coach. Its his name thats out there.
How sad that Rock fans are waiting on the 8th grade team, are they just going to give up for 2 more years.
This Rock fan don't want to wait