Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 34 Corbin 0
Final

Bell County 34

Corbin 0

Bell County is really coming together now and seem to be clicking on all cylinders especially our Defense. Offense is Jelling pretty good to now..
what in the world, i thought Corbin would give them a fairly close game..
cuppett777 Wrote:what in the world, i thought Corbin would give them a fairly close game..

Yeah i though so to. Especially with them play Wayne County so close. This just show that we are getting better as we play each game!
Congrats Bell!

Glad to see Bell doing good, especially sence Middlesboro can't do anything in footall. We are better off in baseball and basketball.
[Image:

]
ouch!!!
i really thought this one would be alot closer than this sounds like we were ready to play
Corbins run is officially over.
I cant even remember the last time they had to go on the road in the first round.
Bell busted several long plays against the gambling Corbin defense and put this one away early. You better have some good tacklers in your secondary or you will get burned playing this way, especially against the Bell Co. running backs who run hard and are difficult to bring down.

Corbin had some good sustained drives with 3 or 4 first downs running the ball, then would decide to start throwing it 3 out 4 downs, or until Bell intercepted it.
Bell should have had their D lay down on the field and let Corbin score on the last play like they did the raiders last week.:devilflam
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbins run is officially over.
I cant even remember the last time they had to go on the road in the first round.

I believe the answer to that is 1997 the last time Corbin didn't host a playoff game, an I think it was 2005 that last time they were held scoreless at home
^
15 years....
The Bell County Bobcats wrapped up the top seed in District 4-3A Friday night as they rolled to a 34-0 win at Corbin.

It was all Bobcats from the beginning as Hayden Gilbert got Bell off to a fast start by returning the opening kickoff 85 yards for a touchdown. His extra point put the Bobcats up 7-0 just 12 seconds into the game and they never looked back. The victory ensures the Bobcats of home playoff games as long as they win all the way through to the state championship game, which will be held in Bowling Green.

“Our kids came out wanting to win that district title,” Bell coach Wayne Mills said. “I’m happy for our team, our coaches prepared them well and I’m happy for the whole community. We took a big crowd up there and anytime you can go into Corbin and win it’s good.”

Senior running back Jonathan Polly ran for 217 yards on just nine carries, including touchdowns of 5 and 93 yards in the first quarter as Bell built a commanding 20-0 lead after one.

The Bobcats rolled up nearly 380 yards on the ground with senior Ryan Collett adding 74 yards on seven carries and sophomore Austin Caldwell gaining 86 yards on five runs.

Bell’s defense held the Redhounds to 230 yards of total offense and just ten passing yards. Junior defensive back Justin Warwick had a big night with three interceptions, including two in the end zone.

“Justin is an unselfish kid who just comes to practice every day and works hard,” Mills said. “A lot of times he was on their best player and he was just able to go up get those two in the end zone. It couldn’t happen to a better kid and I’m proud of him.”

Warwick’s second pick came in the end zone to end a Corbin drive late in the first half and the Bobcats carried that 20-0 lead into the locker room.

The Bobcats continued to pull away in the third quarter as Collett scored on a 32-yard run at the 9:53 mark and added a six-yard rushing score with 6:23 left in the period to push the lead to 34-0. From there Bell focused mostly on keeping the clock moving to close out the win.

“We got our ground game going and I really feel like we’re starting to jell,” Mills added.

Bell County (7-1, 3-0) will host McCreary Central Thursday at 7 p.m. for Senior Night while Corbin (3-5, 1-2) visits Casey County Friday.

“It’s all about our seniors this Thursday. We want to honor those kids and their parents. Those seniors have had a heck of a career here, this is their football team and we want to make sure they are well-represented,” Mills said. “This game doesn’t mean anything as far as the district goes, the main thing in a game like this is we want to come out healthy.”

Read more: The Middlesboro Daily News - Bobcats claim district with 34 0 rout of Hounds
80 yards rushing sounds like total domination. Where are all the kids at Corbin that won two middle school state championships? That was a talented bunch of kids.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbins run is officially over.

What run was Corbin on ?
E's Army Wrote:80 yards rushing sounds like total domination. Where are all the kids at Corbin that won two middle school state championships? That was a talented bunch of kids.

Corbin had 220 yards rushing and Bell had 380, mostly in large chunks as Corbin had 9 in the box. Corbin would have 1 missed tackle and 70-80 yards later the Bobcats were in the endzone.

The kids that won the middle school title are now sophomores and many of them start, but are finding out that varsity football is a lot different than middle school football. Bell Co. gave them a hard lesson in that last night.
64black&gold Wrote:What run was Corbin on ?

Well before Bell came into there district, they hadnt lost a district game in fifty something games spanning over a decade, they had only lost to ayne County once back in the 80's before this year, beating them 25 times, but Wayne finally get over the hump. And to be on the road in the first round in 15 years all sounds like a run to me.
Didn't say there weren't on a "run". Just didn't know what the "run" was.
Congrats Bell Co
The Bobcats continue to roll
64black&gold Wrote:Didn't say there weren't on a "run". Just didn't know what the "run" was.

I apologize.
I misunderstood.