Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covcath 14 - Dixie Heights 13 in OT( Freshmen )
Congrats to the blue colonels!

Red colonels went for two and the win and were stopped. Virtual stalemate most of the game. Score was 7-7 at end of regulation...
I like it!!

Do you know how good CCH's freshmen are?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
They are better than they have shown I will tell you that. Got beat in the 8th grade middle school championship game last year by Campbell Co on a last second throw. Only 3-3-1 this season as Freshmen but have not been out of any game they played. Could just as easily be 6-1 (not to mention they had a very winnable game vs Conner canceled due to weather.
Talented group of boys who- as Sophomores- should see some varsity minutes on Special Teams and spot duty.
Kids dressing out for varsity right now are Darlington (RB/LB) Timmerman (DL/WR) Dressman (QB/LB) McGinness (WR/DB) & Shields (DL/OL)- but some others to watch out for are Schwartz (DB/RB) and Stiens (DL/OL).
Lot of parody in the freshmen ranks. No one has stuck out as head and shoulders above the rest.

As blue stated they improve to 3-3-1 and Dixie falls to 2-4. Both teams respectively could be 6-1 and 5-1.

I give Covcaths coaching staff the edge over Dixie in this one. They played to win while Dixie played for the tie. Mediocrity and poor discipline seem the norm for the red colonels while blue colonels are making decisions geared towards success.
Sounds like a good game!