Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Berea 10/12
Williamsburg should dominate

Williamsburg - as many as they want
Berea-0
Williamsburg sink the pirates ship. Williamsburg with a W
Jackets by 30.
Dont even turn the buses off. This will be a running clock in the first Quarter.:ChairHit:
williamsburg 77 berea 06 i like to see this offense start clicking.really before playoff:insane:by saying this but we got to prepare for the 4th qrt. in the near future hope nobody reads this an takes it personal.Confusedmoke:
Williamsburg 30-0
Williamsburg will win this one big. Hope to see them start off better then they did last week...
Williamsburg 49
Berea 6
64SUR Wrote:williamsburg 77 berea 06 i like to see this offense start clicking.really before playoff:insane:by saying this but we got to prepare for the 4th qrt. in the near future hope nobody reads this an takes it personal.Confusedmoke:

It's easy for an offense to click against teams like Campbellsville and Berea.
I hope it doesnt bite the Jackets in the playoffs.

Wburg- 58
Berea 7
Those are district games Gut. So is Lynn Camp for Williamsburg. Its not like they are playing down 4 classes. Good luck against Harlan County.
Williamsburg 48

Berea 7
Williamsburg by 26
E's Army Wrote:Those are district games Gut. So is Lynn Camp for Williamsburg. Its not like they are playing down 4 classes. Good luck against Harlan County.

Who said they werent?
But Jellico and Allen Central are not. Oliver Springs Tenn has only won one game on the year.
Only good team Wburg has faced is Oneida, and lost. Oneida is pretty darn good and im afraid without many games like that, anothr close loss could happend in the playoffs.
Williamsburg by a bunch
:theman:you are the man runitupthegut i agree our schelude may hurt us by tourney time.but we got stuck with these 2 years contrats home an away.but next year our schelude is wide open for some of the big schools to play us like whitley,somerset,danville,corbin,north laurel,south laurel,knox,clay and some lexington schools.I understand right now we only have 4 games for nexts year we:welcome: you all to call us for the 2013 season.:beg: but if you dont want to play 1A williamsburg we will understand :lmao: so am going to served all of these teams i just mentional Confusederved: by the :policeman:policeman am not nervousConfusedmoke:
64SUR Wrote::theman:you are the man runitupthegut i agree our schelude may hurt us by tourney time.but we got stuck with these 2 years contrats home an away.but next year our schelude is wide open for some of the big schools to play us like whitley,somerset,danville,corbin,north laurel,south laurel,knox,clay and some lexington schools.I understand right now we only have 4 games for nexts year we:welcome: you all to call us for the 2013 season.:beg: but if you dont want to play 1A williamsburg we will understand :lmao: so am going to served all of these teams i just mentional Confusederved: by the :policeman:policeman am not nervousConfusedmoke:

Not sure where you get your info but if you are in the loop, have your AD set up a 2 year deal with Whitley, I know for a fact they are looking for games. :why:
WBurg
Williamsburg's schedule was made two years ago when they were a freshmen dominated team. Last year several of these teams gave Williamsburg a good game. Williamsburg is much better this year and some of the teams on their schedule have dropped. This schedule was a good schedule when made. Williamsburg, Harlan and Pineville have almost identical enrollments per the KHSAA. Campbellsville's enrollment is 40% greater than Williamsburgs and everybody else on their schedule has an enrollment at least 50% greater than Williamsburg. Harlan county is the on;y schoo; on Whitley's schedule with a greater enrollment and that is only by less than 5%. Clay and Perry each have at least 75 less boys than Whitley. Everybody else on Whitley's schedule has at least 111 less boys than Whitley County. That number is significant because that is how many boys Williamsburg has. Whitley's district has two of the three smallest 5A teams. Nothing against Whitley who are having a great year but before they complain about Williamsburg's schedule they need to look at numbers. They have not scheduled a non district 5A or 6A team. I think their schedule is plenty tough but to schedule teams numerically similar to Williamsburg's they would have to schedule upper echelon 6A teams.
Pay no attention Whitley Co fans, he has served everyone in the commonwealth. I guess Williamsburg is better than Trinity now. I think he believes Trinity is scared to schedule them too. If you don't know what I'm talking about check almost every site he has served so many teams it aint funny.
:what: just wanting to play some local big boys teams in this area:closed: who want trinity :please: there enought teams around hear to play a nice schedule an if Confusederved::kneel:im just a fan of eastern kentucky who think if all of the good teams here in the mts. would play one another it would make us all be better playoff teams to compete for a state title.Confusedmoke:
E's Army Wrote:Williamsburg's schedule was made two years ago when they were a freshmen dominated team. Last year several of these teams gave Williamsburg a good game. Williamsburg is much better this year and some of the teams on their schedule have dropped. This schedule was a good schedule when made. Williamsburg, Harlan and Pineville have almost identical enrollments per the KHSAA. Campbellsville's enrollment is 40% greater than Williamsburgs and everybody else on their schedule has an enrollment at least 50% greater than Williamsburg. Harlan county is the on;y schoo; on Whitley's schedule with a greater enrollment and that is only by less than 5%. Clay and Perry each have at least 75 less boys than Whitley. Everybody else on Whitley's schedule has at least 111 less boys than Whitley County. That number is significant because that is how many boys Williamsburg has. Whitley's district has two of the three smallest 5A teams. Nothing against Whitley who are having a great year but before they complain about Williamsburg's schedule they need to look at numbers. They have not scheduled a non district 5A or 6A team. I think their schedule is plenty tough but to schedule teams numerically similar to Williamsburg's they would have to schedule upper echelon 6A teams.

Whitley fans are not complaining about your schedule.
We could care less who you play.
Numbers are garbage. We might have that many boys, but if they wont play theres nothing you can do. Were just now starting to see some decent numbers, and IMO is the reason weve won some games this year because of the depth we have. As for the scheduling, Rock, Lynn Camp, Somerset, and Russell County are gone next year. Madison Southern, who IS a 5A squad has already filled one of those spots. However, would playing North Laurel instead of Bell or Boyle make our schedule harder because North is a larger school? No, so there goes your theory.
Its an open forum and i made a statement the same way you can make one.
It was a football valid statement. Wburgs non district schedule is weak, whether it be because of 2 year contracts or not, i think Wburg should be worried that Hazard, Fairview, Raceland, Mayfield, and Frankfort are all better then anyone Wburg might have faced including Oneida, who isnt having the year the extremely dominant year they were hoping for, and they might not win their district with Coalfield being the favorite Friday.

No, of course we wouldn't schedule a game with Wburg for obvious reasons, not to mention we have nothing to gain. It's a lose/lose. Whitley is starting to play larger schools like they should, or smaller schools that have been relative powerhouses.

Instead of seeing post's about "being served" on every thread, a football knowledgable person would know it's the truth. I support Wburg and hope they win the whole damn thing, but as of now, it's hard to see them taking it all home. It's definitely a better possibility next year IMO. Wburg's offense is one of the better oiled machines around, and i wouldn't mind having many of those kids over at the county.

Wburg will win this game with ease and wont have any trouble at all until Hazard in the region finals. If they do make it to Bowling Green, which is possible, their last three games will be the toughest. Hopefully with some open spots, it wouldn't hurt to schedule a really good team or to. IMO, Corbin and Wburg should play every year, and may start here very soon from what im hearing, or atleast when Jewell is gone at Corbin.

Trust me, id love nothing more than to see Wburg and Whitley both in Bowling Green at the same time.
You should take 64sur with a grain if salt. He is making it hard on Williamsburg with is served comments and sometimes makes us look very self centered and stupid. Most Williamsburg fans are not like this. We love our school just like everyone else and have high hopes for our program.
I'm a big Whitley fan and know Whitley puts together a tough schedule. My point was that there is less room for error when scheduling for Williamsburg. 64SUR is on his own tangent and I could see where he would annoy other schools. Good luck to the Colonels this week. I hope you cage the Black Bears.
Wburg by as much as they want.
Williamsburg easily
I know for a fact that Williamsburg is having trouble scheduling games for 2013 they only have 6 games as of right now. The district games, Pineville only because the two have played each other since Williamsburg has had football, and south laurel.

And for all of you saying Whitley should play Williamsburg it is nonsense. What does Whitley have to gain if they play Williamsburg and win? Absolutely nothing. They are expected to win being 5A vs a 1A team. If they loose it is a big deal because they got beat by a 1A school. Coach black knows what he is doing not scheduling Williamsburg from 1st hand experience. ( back in 2004 when Black coached Willamsburg he upset Corbin and almost cost Steve Jewell his job).
^
Good post, and exactly what i was saying.

I would really like to see Wburg pick up Hazard, Corbin, Pburg, LCA, etc....

That is IF those teams will play them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who said they werent?
But Jellico and Allen Central are not. Oliver Springs Tenn has only won one game on the year.
Only good team Wburg has faced is Oneida, and lost. Oneida is pretty darn good and im afraid without many games like that, anothr close loss could happend in the playoffs.

I think this is a very valid point, but Oliver springs was very good last year, and it was anticipated that they were going to be good again. That has not happen as of yet. Harlan was supposed to be good as well, but that did not happen either. I am not sure how much reality there is in the idea that a tough schedule prepares you for the playoffs, but instead I believe it is in the mindset of your kids.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

I would love to see Williamsburg and Corbin play, but Hazard vs. Williamsburg will probably be the region final for the next couple of years. LCA would be a welcomed addition to our schedule.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

I would like to see the same thing but i am pretty sure coach Herron tried lca and Corbin but like we both said, they are not 1A and don't want to risk it. As for Corbin, idk if we will ever see that match up again after what happened in 2004. As for hazard i think both teams agree they don't want to play each other until region.

I think coach Herron will try and pick up some more Larger Tennessee schools that are relatively close in driving distance.

I don't care what team you are when a 2 yr contract ends and your team is good at the end of the two years it is tough making a schedule that fits your team.