Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands District
From watching the Highlands/Pendleton county game last night, I really felt bad for Pendleton. I got to thinking, what should teams in Pendleton's situation do to improve their chances? It has to be difficult taking beatings from Cov Cath and Highlands annually, and maybe dropping out of the district to improve the program would be the best move. What would help Pendleton improve their program to be able to contend with some of the bigger teams? Has dropping out of the district for a couple of years worked for other programs in Pendleton's situation?
And I will add, this is not a post meant to attack Pendleton.
i don't think there's anything they can really do. focus more on beating rivals like brossart, bracken and harrison every year, make those games a lot bigger than they are. thats the best way to keep excitement in the program
I think if Highlands would quit cheating (Recruiting out of state players, giving players new care and jewelry, pumping their players full of steroids, and having referees on their payroll), then all the rest of the teams would be equal to them
Stardust Wrote:I think if Highlands would quit cheating (Recruiting out of state players, giving players new care and jewelry, pumping their players full of steroids, and having referees on their payroll), then all the rest of the teams would be equal to them

you're basically asking highlands to stop playing football
Stardust Wrote:I think if Highlands would quit cheating (Recruiting out of state players, giving players new care and jewelry, pumping their players full of steroids, and having referees on their payroll), then all the rest of the teams would be equal to them

There we go Pendleton County. There is your answer! As Montell Jordan once said, "This is how we do it!"

:thatsfunn
Highlands has it easier than anybody they are in football. They only have one team in a watered down 4A to beat(Cov.Cat). Their district is so weak that most 1A schools could win it. About the same as Lou Central,but the yellowjackets do make their season interesting playing teams that might beat them. I know its nice to say were state champions, but good games are alot more fun to watch.
I think Highlands is a little overrated along with Trinity, Moeller, Elder, St.X, Don Bosco......

Cordia is where its at....
Cordia is deadly. They once scored on a QB kneel.
^
There so good, they dont have a team....
Pirates2012 Wrote:Highlands has it easier than anybody they are in football. They only have one team in a watered down 4A to beat(Cov.Cat). Their district is so weak that most 1A schools could win it. About the same as Lou Central,but the yellowjackets do make their season interesting playing teams that might beat them. I know its nice to say were state champions, but good games are alot more fun to watch.

Lol, so was that true when they started this run??? How about when there was only 4 divisions and the dominated everyone. Then we go to 6 divisions! So, I guess that since they dominated 3A, then 5A and starting last year 4A, that everyone of those years was easy because the competition was watered down in those divisions too!:hilarious:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
There so good, they dont have a team....

They did, but they couldn't schedule games because everybody was scared to play them. They tried everybody. Trinity, Highlands, St X...even the Cincinnati schools. But nobody wanted to lose by 60+ points and a running clock. So Cordia had to do away with their football program.
Pirates2012 Wrote:Highlands has it easier than anybody they are in football. They only have one team in a watered down 4A to beat(Cov.Cat). Their district is so weak that most 1A schools could win it. About the same as Lou Central,but the yellowjackets do make their season interesting playing teams that might beat them. I know its nice to say were state champions, but good games are alot more fun to watch.
I would put 4A as the best overall class In the state. 3a only has 3 legit teams belfry,bell,central 2A and 1a are week. 5A has some very good teams and you could make a argument for it being the best especially out west and 6A was won before the season started.
I bet Pendleton, Harrison, Holmes, and Cov Cath could combine teams and not beat Highlands. Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:I bet Pendleton, Harrison, Holmes, and Cov Cath could combine teams and not beat Highlands. Confusednicker:

In football or in bragging about their team??? Definetly Would come up short in the bragging!
:thatsfunn You forgot about Paducah Tighlman and Fort Campbell!:trolldad2:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I would put 4A as the best overall class In the state. 3a only has 3 legit teams belfry,bell,central 2A and 1a are week. 5A has some very good teams and you could make a argument for it being the best especially out west and 6A was won before the season started.
Stardust Wrote:Lol, so was that true when they started this run??? How about when there was only 4 divisions and the dominated everyone. Then we go to 6 divisions! So, I guess that since they dominated 3A, then 5A and starting last year 4A, that everyone of those years was easy because the competition was watered down in those divisions too!:hilarious:

:truestory:
Pendleton should pick up Belfry if they want a winnable game. Right Wide? :moon:
Pendleton Co. is in an odd situation. The parents don't care. So the kids don't care. They only have 29 kids. No one wants to work at it.

No one.
Terry Brown is doing his best.
Besides just being an awful troll baiting thread, What any of this matter? A school does not choose to be in a district, the KHSAA does. If you want to compete for a title you play in the district you're assigned. So how can Highlands play a stronger district schedule? How can Pendleton? Unless you're suggesting that these teams drop out of KHSAA sanctioned sports? That would be a terrible choice on the part of the schools.
BIGman88 Wrote:Pendleton Co. is in an odd situation. The parents don't care. So the kids don't care. They only have 29 kids. No one wants to work at it.

No one.
You are right. I have lived in PC for many years and have never heard anyone mention the football team, only basketball. Little if any support for these kids.
BIGman88 Wrote:Pendleton Co. is in an odd situation. The parents don't care. So the kids don't care. They only have 29 kids. No one wants to work at it.

No one.

My friends son plays for Pendleton Co. and it is not that they don't care, He says it is because none of the fathers played football and so there is no tradition. The kids grow up and are not pushed to play football, unlike a school like HHS where kids are born with a football in their hands. I would say it is more lack of interest from parents and kids. And it is hard to start interest when your school gets pounded every week.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Pendleton should pick up Belfry if they want a winnable game. Right Wide? :moon:

If they were able to make it to the state championship and play Belfry where they choke best, then they might have a chance. Confusednicker:
nky Wrote:Besides just being an awful troll baiting thread, What any of this matter? A school does not choose to be in a district, the KHSAA does. If you want to compete for a title you play in the district you're assigned. So how can Highlands play a stronger district schedule? How can Pendleton? Unless you're suggesting that these teams drop out of KHSAA sanctioned sports? That would be a terrible choice on the part of the schools.

This really wasn't intended to troll. Even though it's always nice to get a win, I felt bad for Pendleton County out there. I didn't know if dropping out of the district for a couple years worked with helping some of the struggling programs in KY get back on track, I was wondering if there were examples of schools that did it where it worked.
WideRight05 Wrote:This really wasn't intended to troll. Even though it's always nice to get a win, I felt bad for Pendleton County out there. I didn't know if dropping out of the district for a couple years worked with helping some of the struggling programs in KY get back on track, I was wondering if there were examples of schools that did it where it worked.

Rowan county used to be awful I remember a game where Ashland had 60 at halftime once. Our band director actually ordered the kids to only play the fight song 1 time through instead of the normal 2 cause he didn't want then outta breath.
Highlands and Cov.Cath should get to rotate every other year like St.X and T so they can meet in a state game.
Why should Highlands and Cov Cath have to meet in the final? Neither team wants a scheduled designed to delay their game. What does it really matter when the play. The winner will advance and the looser goes home. Since 2006, it has been Highlands moving on. The 20 or so years prior to that I think it was about even who moved on.
NKY Fan Wrote:Why should Highlands and Cov Cath have to meet in the final? Neither team wants a scheduled designed to delay their game. What does it really matter when the play. The winner will advance and the looser goes home. Since 2006, it has been Highlands moving on. The 20 or so years prior to that I think it was about even who moved on.

Do your homework. It's never been about even. Highlands owns the series. Covcath does have a few wins, including the fluke mudbowl in 1997 against a vastly superior Highlands team.
Being a JC fan that respects what Highlands has been able to do, I don't think their district play helps them get to state any easier. And regardless of compitition they still have the crown.