Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 56 Harlan 19
Final
Great game. Both teams came out pumped but the dawg just came out to be too much for the green dragons.. I also must say the green dragons are a better team than there record indicates... I also must say the do not need to play there safetys that close up because they could of got burnt about every time on a slant across the middle...
The Dragons will bounce back....the score does suprise me though.
Hazard is beginning to flex their muscle. You'll have to beat Hazard to get to Bowling Green from the eastern part of state.
Also hazard had one of there studs go down in the 1st half and never played the 2nd half. Austin Johnson is who it is and hopefully nothing serious and he can be back. Also the young man i seen that came from texas is a monster. Hes about 6,3 or 6,4 about 190lbs and he will be a big target for hazard when he gets to play.
10/5/2012
Hazard 56 Harlan 19
Harlan 13 0 0 6 19
Hazard 14 14 14 14 56
Scoring summary:
HR--Eric Young 20 pass from Ty Saragas (Young kick); HZ--Evan Whitaker 1 run (Kevin Eversole kick); HR--Dalton Overbee 4 run (run failed); HZ--Nathan Higgins 47 run (Eversole kick); HZ--Higgins 72 pass from Whitaker (Austin Johnson run). HZ--Higgins 57 pass from Whitaker (pass failed); HZ--Jordan Olinger 17 pass from Whitaker (Eversole kick); HZ--Josh Meehan 3 run (Eversole kick); HZ--Higgins 44 run (Eversole kick); HR--Tanner Morris 5 run (pass failed); HZ--Cade Fletcher 80 pass from Cole Ratliff (Eversole kick).
Records: Hazard 3-3, Harlan 4-3.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
Congrats Bulldogs!! Big win on homecoming night!
My sister-in-law was on homecoming court. I am so proud of her for being a senior this season with terrific grades and schools fighting to give her a full scholarship. Didn't know a better place for that shout-out than here. Also, congrats Bulldogs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Dragon's lost Dalton Overbey last night due to a ligament injury in his ankle. In the first half he was a horse for the Dragons. The Bulldogs had a rough time with him. The Bulldogs are too strong for the Dragons and are much stronger than I imagined they would be. They seem to reload every year. Congrats to the Bulldogs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Dragons suck this year.

I'm sorry, but when you lose to Middlesboro, who even though I like, I know sucks, then you definitely suck.

Harlan lost to M'boro at the beginning of the year.
Impressive score!!! Congrats to Hazard, I am a little suprised by the lopsided score.
M'boro Yellow Jacket, JB Donahue has never had a team that sucks...Hazard was just the better team tonight. The Dragons will bounce back and make a run in the playoffs.
Good win for dawgs!!!! Played without 5 startes on offense (guard-Clemons, tackle- Pittard, guard- Logan, Rb- Jones, TE- Combs) and lost Johnson before the half.

Defense played great after first series or two.

I have said for long time we should get Higgins more touches, he looked real good tonight
Hazard is very good folks. Theres only a few teams in the mountains that can beat these guys when they are playing there best.
Hazard is the better football team, overall, but folks our Dragons were outcoached as well. Our offensive play calling was insane in critical situations. We got away from what we have been successful with and went back to trying to win with the pass, get short yardage with the pass, heck, everything with the pass. Then we keep onside kicking which makes you look like a genious when it works 10% of the time. We give them the ball on the 50 then are surprised when they score. Blame the kids, blame the refs, (which they sucked last night)but in the end, outcoached. Nothing shameful about losing to a better team, but it didn't have to be that bad. Sheesh!
now thats what i'm talkiing about some scoring from hazard with love from williamsburg
making need nervous but thats healthly:partyhard
Hazard senior Austin Johnson was hurt in this game. Everything I'm hearing is it don't sound good. Austin Johnson is great football and baseball player and a good kid. Hope for a speedy recovery.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ Hopefully its not to bad.
Congrats Hazard. Seen on WYMT Sports Overtime that Higgins had a huge game last night for the Dawgs.
Bibbs Wrote:Hazard is the better football team, overall, but folks our Dragons were outcoached as well. Our offensive play calling was insane in critical situations. We got away from what we have been successful with and went back to trying to win with the pass, get short yardage with the pass, heck, everything with the pass. Then we keep onside kicking which makes you look like a genious when it works 10% of the time. We give them the ball on the 50 then are surprised when they score. Blame the kids, blame the refs, (which they sucked last night)but in the end, outcoached. Nothing shameful about losing to a better team, but it didn't have to be that bad. Sheesh!

Dalton Overbey had 5 carries for like 4 and 5 yards a carry and a TD. Then we get down to the ten yd line and he takes two carries down to the 2 yd line,he is stopped for a 2 yd loss and mind you that like 6 or 7 carries for positive yards and one for a loss and they didn't go back to him they tried to pass plays and were stopped, one was an over throw to a wide open Dakota morris. Needless to say we turn it over on downs when we could have went into the half in very close game. Also the two pass plays on 3rd and 1 and then 4th and 1 were just not very good. Saragas could have kept it and got that yard. He did it all season up to this point. Why not last night? needless to say we turned it over on downs on Hazard's 20 yd line. The kids played hard and I hate to see it for them. Hazard is extremely well coached and they play like it. but I agree it didn't have to be that bad. Also, I beleive Hazard was better conditioned physically and the Dragon's ran out of gas going into the 4th. Now this is not falling off the wagon on my part it's the truth and it hurts me as bad as anybody.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harlan had a few injuries and i reckon one of there best players never played in the Allen kid. The Young kid is good and has a leg too punting the ball.
Who calls the plays for Harlan?
I really hate that for Overbay...will he return or is he out for the year?
bac2369 Wrote:Harlan had a few injuries and i reckon one of there best players never played in the Allen kid. The Young kid is good and has a leg too punting the ball.

Eric had probably the best,longest punt I've seen this season. It was a very high sixty yarder in the air and bounced five more yards and the Hazard return man returned it five yards. If he was consistent with punts like that he could punt for a D-1 team for sure. If I'm not mistaken he had a 65 and a 60 yard punts on the night. He also had probably 150 return yards on the night. I think one return was 85 and one was 69 yards. He's a very talented kid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Does anyone know the status of Johnson from Hazard and Overbay from Harlan? These two are very good and play huge roles for their respective teams. Prayers for both.
I am really concerned for Overbay....he is such a great kid. K
Bobber Wrote:Does anyone know the status of Johnson from Hazard and Overbay from Harlan? These two are very good and play huge roles for their respective teams. Prayers for both.

I've not heard anything about Overbey. Hopefully he didn't tear or break anything. The kid has had a rough time with injuries seems like. But if I hear anything I'll post it if it's apropriate to do so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations, Hazard!
Overbey's ankle is broken in 2 places. Also the kid said someone injured it in the pile. If so, well, I can't comment strong enough here how cowardly that would be. Am I shocked? No.