Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick towles to see playing time this Saturday vs Mississippi
The former highlands Qb Is expected to see playing time Along with fellow freshman Jalen Whitlow this weekend after maxwell smith required surgery on his injured ankle. I have believed if towles was playing he could've made a difference. Hopefully he plays well and never looks back
Mississippi State
toussaints Wrote:Mississippi State

Yeah I didn't realize I left that out. Still excited for his oppurtunity
i agree and he's got nothing to lose. he'll be fired up
I feel bad for smith though. He's been a good Qb when healthy. Just can't stay on the field.
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't expect Towles to have much success this week and I think we should keep our expectations in check. Until this week, he hadn't ran UK playbook since the preseason; but rather has been running the opponent's offense as he directed the scout team. I seriously doubt that he, or any other QB, could efficiently pick up an offense in a week. I think he'll be dealing with a very limited playbook when he's in there, which will make UK's O even easier to defend. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't want folks to think he can be UK's savior after getting only 4 or 5 days practice running UK's offense (and even then, he'll be splitting those practice snaps with Whitlow).
Expect him to transfer from UK.
charlie22 Wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but I don't expect Towles to have much success this week

no offense to UK football fans, but a lot of people don't expect UK to have any success against Miss. State
Hope he stays, could be the real deal
Why play him now, red-shirt the kid don't waste a year for him. Not real smart in my opinion.
^
For once, im going to say this isnt the coaches fault.

As seen in articles, Towles and his daddy went crying for playing time after the horrible play of Smith and Tackle Morgan Newton.

First off, the kid shouldnt have came to UK is he wants to be on a team that wins. Secondly, if he had any sense, he would have stayed red shirted considering this season is already a complete wash, which is the part I DO blame on the coaches, they should have just told him no.

However, expect him to leave.
^ Ditto
if anyone needs ticket I have 4 for sale.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:if anyone needs ticket I have 4 for sale.

Give me $20 and I will take them. Confusednicker:
he was a highly touted recruit for this KY team, but is he really going to be a difference maker any time soon???
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:The former highlands Qb Is expected to see playing time Along with fellow freshman Jalen Whitlow this weekend after maxwell smith required surgery on his injured ankle. I have believed if towles was playing he could've made a difference. Hopefully he plays well and never looks back

Best of luck to PT if he sees action today. Regardless of where he may be playing next year. This will be a big moment for PT and his family...wishing him well and GO WILDCATS!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
For once, im going to say this isnt the coaches fault.

As seen in articles, Towles and his daddy went crying for playing time after the horrible play of Smith and Tackle Morgan Newton.

First off, the kid shouldnt have came to UK is he wants to be on a team that wins. Secondly, if he had any sense, he would have stayed red shirted considering this season is already a complete wash, which is the part I DO blame on the coaches, they should have just told him no.

However, expect him to leave.

agree
Towles should have gone to a good program. UC would have been a good choice. He is preparing to lose a wasted year. Of course at UK, all years will be wasted.
Towels looked good especially on the scoring drive. I hope his injury isnt to serious and removing the redshirt become a wasted year.
MVP2 Wrote:Towels looked good especially on the scoring drive. I hope his injury isnt to serious and removing the redshirt become a wasted year.

I think he looks more polished than any of the 4 QB's used this year, but no body is going to be able to keep from being killed with our O-line. The announcer made a comment that Pat is a very emotional player which is so far from the truth, I have watched him play the last 3 years and he is very very calm and relaxed at all times, never too down or up which is one of the things I have really liked about him. After every play, wether a good or bad play, he gets up and is looking right to the side line for the next play. I just hope he did not make a mistake by picking UK to attend!

UK's D on 3rd down is awful!! (not to good on other downs either,LOL).
^ I agree.. what little i got to see him play he looked pretty good..

The coaches don't know how to make adjustments for the second half. As far as 3rd down defense, well, i don't know who ultimately decides what to do, but for the past few years we can have a 3rd and long situation but they always convert.. conservative play calliing is what i always thought it was..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Joker knows he may not be there next yr. So he doesn't care how many red shirts he wastes trying to save a lost career for himself at UK.
Hate to see Towles go down. He did really well when he played, completing 5/6 for 71 yards and a 32 yard TD to La'rod King. Looked just like the good old days at HHS! Prayers go out to him for a speedy recovery.
What happened to Towles