Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats #9 This year?
From the awesome recruits we have already gotten, and our other possible ones, could this results in a repeat from last year and pick up #9?:1:
It's to early for me to tell, I've not watched any of these recruits highlights. The only game I watched was the McDonalds game.
It is kinda early but now our recruits are starting to come together and it is looking good to me. Can't wait for the season to start!
whos going be the good 3 point shooter like Lamb was?if they dont have that, they will be like the team with Wall, and not get to the finals...
cuppett777 Wrote:whos going be the good 3 point shooter like Lamb was?if they dont have that, they will be like the team with Wall, and not get to the finals...

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/julius-mays/

Kyle wiltjer is also great from 3 as we saw last year when he actually played.
cuppett777 Wrote:whos going be the good 3 point shooter like Lamb was?if they dont have that, they will be like the team with Wall, and not get to the finals...

Julius Mays will be a solid 3 point shooter. While replacing Lamb will be next to impossible, he has a reputation for being a solid shooter. He won't be able to create shots like Lamb did, but he can shoot.

As long as we have Calipari at UK, we will be in contention every year. I feel that we are missing a couple of important elements that last years team had right now, but this team will gel and will be a threat to win it again come March.

We have seen teams return their top four or top five players and win the title in back to back years. It would be awesome to see a team lose their top six players and win the title again. This team can do that. Go Cats!
WideRight05 Wrote:Julius Mays will be a solid 3 point shooter. While replacing Lamb will be next to impossible, he has a reputation for being a solid shooter. He won't be able to create shots like Lamb did, but he can shoot.

As long as we have Calipari at UK, we will be in contention every year. I feel that we are missing a couple of important elements that last years team had right now, but this team will gel and will be a threat to win it again come March.

We have seen teams return their top four or top five players and win the title in back to back years. It would be awesome to see a team lose their top six players and win the title again. This team can do that. Go Cats!

couldn't have said it better!
The team we had last year is a once in a generation type of squad. I'd get all the comparisons out of my system, because this team just won't be anything like last years.

I think we'll be able to contend, and again we'll have one of the top defenses in the nation. Pretty cool that Kentucky, Indiana and Loserville will all be top 5 at the start of the season.
I agree with vundy..
I don't think we will have a team like last years unless it's next years team.
Seems like Cal gets a big big team put together every other year.
This year I think we will be able to contend - definitely feel like we will be in the elite 8 or better.
Ballers Wrote:This year I think we will be able to contend - definitely feel like we will be in the elite 8 or better.

Yep, I think so too.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:couldn't have said it better!

I'll give ya a big amen on that one brotha.
BTW, Julis Randle dropped UNC and Duke from his list so it's looking for him to come to UK :Thumbs:
McCameraMan Wrote:BTW, Julis Randle dropped UNC and Duke from his list so it's looking for him to come to UK :Thumbs:

Thats great news... hopefully we get the Harrison Twins!
Ditto me in agreement with vundy, last year was once in a lifetime! #9, yes, I'd be happy with #9 ranking. But title, no, not this year.
Stardust Wrote:Ditto me in agreement with vundy, last year was once in a lifetime! #9, yes, I'd be happy with #9 ranking. But title, no, not this year.

Gotta say different.

We have the recruits is takes to win it all again.. I say we very possibly could win it all.
^ I hope you are right. But I have yet to see the maturity of Davis and Gilchrist, and there is NO experience like Lamb and Miller! It's not about the recruits that will win you a title. There MUST be glue in the line-up. Last year, that was Miller and Lamb. This year, there is not that level of leadership.
Stardust Wrote:^ I hope you are right. But I have yet to see the maturity of Davis and Gilchrist, and there is NO experience like Lamb and Miller! It's not about the recruits that will win you a title. There MUST be glue in the line-up. Last year, that was Miller and Lamb. This year, there is not that level of leadership.

That is the ingredient I think we are missing. Our most experienced players are Harrow, Mays, and Wiltjer. Two sophomores and a senior, but it is a much different situation compared to Jones, Lamb, and Miller.
^ Thanks, I forgot about Jones.
I think Harrow and Wiltjer are really going to surprise people this year.
And as far as Doron goes..
He may be the biggest underrated player by UK fans in a while..
I have not seen threads created about him like we have Davis, Jones, Wall, etc..

He made some BIG shots down the stretch and breathed life into UK many times when we needed it.
Ballers Wrote:I think Harrow and Wiltjer are really going to surprise people this year.

Especially Ryan Harrow. He's the fastest player I've ever watched.
40-0
The thing to remember is that it's getting much more difficult to
put together a team that is a HEAVY favorite to win it. It's going to
be rare from now on to see teams like UK last year, that can go out
and just WIN IT without a break somewhere along the way. So if
this team develops as Cal's history indicates, they have a good chance
of being among the solid contenders.

And in reality, the way the game is going, it may just not be possible
for anybody BUT Cal to put together those real heavyweight teams
any more. The way the talent immediately flees to the NBA, it's
almost by definition that a team that has vastly superior talent
to the rest of the field, will be mostly FRESHMEN. That doesn't
mean even Cal can do it again very often, but who else can do it
at all?

Which leaves us in what I think SHOULD be a satisfactory position:
able to be a legit contender for the FF most years, and feeling that
our down years are where the team will have to scramble and need
lucky breaks to make an FF, as opposed to the previous 7 years
of seeing our ability to even make the tnmt. slowly fading away.
Stardust Wrote:^ I hope you are right. But I have yet to see the maturity of Davis and Gilchrist, and there is NO experience like Lamb and Miller! It's not about the recruits that will win you a title. There MUST be glue in the line-up. Last year, that was Miller and Lamb. This year, there is not that level of leadership.

There doesn't APPEAR to be that level of leadership. But maybe
Wiltjer can provide some of it. And Cal is entering this season with something
that he's never had at UK. A PG that has been in his system for a year,
and is a 3rd year soph. Each year a big part of the development of
each team has been the adjutment of the incoming pg to college
and learning his new team. Harrow will begin at a much more advanced starting point than Wall, Knight and Teague, even if he doesn't have their ability. So there is some more potential for leadership during
the adjustment period for the frosh.
I agree with cuppett. This team reminds me of the 09-10 team that had John Wall. A team full of athletes but, no true 3 point threat with the exception of maybe Wiltjer. In order to win a championship you need to have more than one threat from deep IMO. I obviously want Kentucky to win it all but, I think we're an Elite 8 team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON