Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green 62 - Logan County 0
Four plays to different players gave Bowling Green four touchdowns, making its game against Logan County a foregone conclusion.
The state’s top-ranked team in Class 5A (7-0, 2-0 District 2) won its 22nd straight overall and 23rd straight in the regular season with a 62-0 demolition of visiting Logan County on Friday.
The Purples scored 49 points on 14 plays in the first half. Those 14 plays used 2:30 of clock and totaled 344 yards.

“It was pretty fun out there,” BGHS junior quarterback Devin Hayes said. “You got give it up to Logan County. They came out, they prepared for us, but I think we just executed well and did what we needed to do.”

The Purples’ defense hasn’t allowed a touchdown in its last 144 minutes of game action and has a shutout streak of at least 108 minutes.

“We try not to think about it,” BGHS junior linebacker Lincoln Quick said. “We just try to get better ourselves, play against ourselves and get better in practice – practice hard and get better every day.”

Bowling Green running back Blue Tisdale scored on his team’s first play from scrimmage – a simple run over left tackle that went for 48 yards to make it 7-0.

On BG’s second play from scrimmage, Hayes hit Nacarius Fant on a 17-yard fade route for six. Fant came in motion from left to right, then sprinted to the right corner, where Hayes floated him an easy ball.

That score was set up by Quick jumping the Logan County snap count and recording a sack, forced fumble and recovering that fumble to give the Purples the ball inside the 20.

“The coaches just give us a good game plan,” Quick said. “We like to bring pressure and get the game going fast. That’s our strength – our speed. It just worked out tonight.”

On Bowling Green’s third play from scrimmage, Spencer Renfro went video game on the LCHS defense.

From his own 29, Hayes dumped it off to the right sideline for Renfro, who turned and juked a defender before jetting up the field. Renfro made another defender miss at midfield, and another Cougar whiff at the 40 before cutting to the center of the field and going 71 yards for the score.

On three plays and in 8:52, BG led 21-0.

After a Fant punt return gave BG the ball at the LCHS 16, Hayes swung the ball out into the right flat for Blake Pillow, who sauntered in for another score, making it 28-0 on four total BGHS plays in 11:29.

Would the fifth play be a score, too? No – but the sixth would.

A Damani Jenkins fumble recovery set up a Hayes-to-Tisdale 13-yard pass play to the 16. Pillow scored from there on a spread option to the left for a 35-0 BG lead.

Alas, on the Purples’ seventh play from scrimmage, Hayes lofted an easy 45-yard toss down the left sideline for Fant, making it 42-0.

Hayes hit Fant on a 15-yard fade route into the left corner to end the first half scoring, giving BGHS a 49-0 lead.

Logan County (1-6, 0-2 District 2 Class 5A) had 36 yards of offense in the first half.

Bowling Green’s Danny DeWalt added a five-yard TD run in the third quarter and a 10-yard score in the fourth. The junior also finished with 110 yards rushing – all in the second half.

Hayes finished 7-for-8 for 190 yards with five scores. Fant’s three TD catches totaled 77 yards, and Tisdale finished with 73 yards rushing.

Both teams are off next week. The Cougars, outscored 173-48 in their past three contests, travel to Barren County on Oct. 12 while BGHS will prepare for the showdown with Warren Central the same night at WCHS.

LCHS — 0 0 0 0 — 0

BGHS — 28 21 7 6 — 62

First quarter

BGHS — Tisdale 48 run (Hanks kick), 9:22

BGHS — Fant 17 pass from Hayes, (Hanks kick), 7:18

BGHS — Renfro 71 pass from Hayes, (Hanks kick), 3:08

BGHS — Pillow 16 pass from Hayes (Hanks kick), 0:31

Second quarter

BGHS — Pillow 15 run (Hanks kick), 11:02

BGHS — Fant 45 pass from Hayes (Hanks kick), 8:16

BGHS — Fant 15 pass from Hayes (Hanks kick), 5:23

Third quarter

BGHS — DeWalt 5 run (Hanks kick), 6:15

Fourth quarter

BGHS — DeWalt 10 run (kick failed), 5:23
I'm watching this game right now, and it's almost painful how bad Logan County is. I think Bowling Green could have scored at any point any time they liked. And they pretty well did just that in the first half.
It got to a point that the P.A announcer was just telling the Purples scores, not wanting to embarrass the Cougars or their fans. Not many bright spots for the Cougars. Two weeks until the Purples play at Warren Central. Both teams will be undefeated again. It should be a humdinger.
Great Pictures
love the pics. BG will win 5A with ease IMO.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:love the pics. BG will win 5A with ease IMO.

If Bowling Green dominates Warren Central in two weeks, then I will agree with that. I give John Hardin and Warren Central a much greater chance this year than I did last year of knocking Bowling Green off. But October 12th could prove me a fool, we'll have to see.
^
Well as long as they dont have to face Whitley in the final they'll be alright Confusednicker:
THE Whitley County? Well then all bets would be off!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Well as long as they dont have to face Whitley in the final they'll be alright Confusednicker:

I think the winner of this game will be playing whoever comes out of the East.
^
I agree with that.
The East is wide open. I think Conner, Cooper, Franklin County, Harlan County, or Whitley County could sneak in there. Even Anderson and Montomgery might get lucky.

However, with that said, I find it hard to believe any of these teams could beat BG, John Hardin, or Warren Central...
I'm sure BG is glad that Highlands isn't around to spank them in the finals.
WideRight05 Wrote:I'm sure BG is glad that Highlands isn't around to spank them in the finals.

Yes. Thank goodness for that.