Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 42 Clay County 6
PreacherVol71 Wrote:[/B]

Sounds like Russell County is the team not getting any respect! Thats just fine these quotes will fit nicely on posters to hang in the locker room in a few weeks. The Lakers, their coaches and fans are well aware of what we are walking into on the 19th!
The only bad thing about the game this year is no matter the outcome the players involved in last year's contest can't put on a uniform and exact revenge for a game that left them and all the fans and coaches with a very bad taste in the mouth.

The Panthers will have a huge challenge stopping RC. But they are up to it and I am counting on them to replace that bad taste with the sweet flavor of victory. Still, we have to beat Rock at home and then we get our shot and sole ownership instead of 3 way tie for District this year.
panther nation Wrote:The only reason you think Russell beat Knox is because they monkey stomped Whitley Co. An you have been on their band wagon ever since:worthy: well I'm here to tell you that Russell will not monkey stomp Knox like they did WC you have never given Knox any respect!! An that's sad all I can tell you is come on down to Knox on oct 19 an we will see just who is the better team!! I bet you haven't even seen Knox play a game this year cause if you had you would have a idea of just how good the panthers!! I believe I can speak for the panther fans it's about time people start showing us some respect or they can just kiss our :moon:

I am impressed with your ablility to read scores. You really know nothing about the game. If you did you would understand that Whiltey helped a very good team by committing several unforced errors which resulted in easy touchdowns for Russell. Whitley had over 400 yards total offense in that game. Whitley went for on 4th down twice late in the game in their own territory trying to narrow a close gap at the that point in the game, and Russell got some short field TDs late in the game which widen the gap. Russell won and Whitley got better from having played in that game.

One thing I did see in that game is that Russell Co is more physical than they get credit for and they have some excellent athletes. A large senior class provides good leadership. They are a team that consists of more than Britt, just like KC is a team that has more than Canady.

I think it is safe to say that most people who know football know that KC has a good team, but it is funny to hear their fans having to tear down other teams to make themselves look good, obviously a sign that deep down inside you are waiting for a better team to come and "monkey stomp" you. Kind of like whistling by the grave yard.

I am glad to see Knox Central have a good football team, they have had the talant there for a number of years but never had the coaching till Wayne Mills took over the program, now Coach Russell is continueing to improve the level of play. For years and years KC was a team everyone wanted to schedule for the easy win, now mostly it is good teams that want to play,because they want to challenge themselves and get better. Remember you a just one better team needing a coach and Russell leaving from going back to the days of being everyones homecoming again.