Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conner 38 Cooper 21
Final.
I was shocked to see this, i thought Cooper would win this easily, congrats Conner

and, Steve Spurrier was at the game watching Conner QB Drew Barker
^ It was 21-0 Conner at one point.
toussaints Wrote:I was shocked to see this, i thought Cooper would win this easily, congrats Conner

and, Steve Spurrier was at the game watching Conner QB Drew Barker

I did not see Spurrier,but did see some of his coaching staff, I was told he was not there,are you sure he was. Barker was the difference maker in this game.
Congrats to Conner, thought Cooper would score way more points on Conner's D.
9/28/2012
Conner 38 Cooper 21
Cooper 0 0 21 0 21
Conner 7 14 7 10 38
Scoring summary:
Con--Drew Barker 2 run (Stephen Dunaway kick); Con--Cameron Fogle 39 run (Dunaway kick); Con--Brian Loney 6 pass from Barker (Dunaway kick); Coo--Tyler Morris 11 run (Logan Turner kick); Con--Fogle 56 run (Dunaway kick); Coo--A.J. Collins 16 pass from Morris (Turner kick); Coo-Collins 10 pass from Morris (Turner kick); Con--Dunaway 24 field goal; Con--Fogle 1 run (Dunaway kick).
Records: Conner 4-2, Cooper 5-1.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
About the only time Conner senior football standout Cameron Fogle didn’t succeed on Friday night was during the halftime crowning of the school’s homecoming king and queen, when he finished as fourth runner-up.

On the field, Fogle rushed for 135 yards and three touchdowns on eight carries, caught six passes for 46 yards and intercepted two passes, including one with 7:19 remaining to thwart a comeback by rival Cooper and lead Conner to a 38-21 win at Fred Nevel Stadium in Hebron.

Cooper (6-1, 1-1 Class 5A, District 5), which had allowed just 43 points in its first six games combined, had cut a 21-0 halftime deficit to 28-21 late in the third quarter and was trailing 31-21 when it drove to the Conner 3 midway through the fourth quarter. On third-and-goal from the Cougars 5, Fogle stepped in front of a Tyler Morris pass intended on the left sideline for running back A.J. Collins, and even though he juggled the ball, he hung onto it as he fell out of bounds at the Conner 4 to record the interception.

• Take our high school nicknames quiz
• Enquirer's Recruiting Trail blog
• Enquirer high school sports blog
• Check us out on Facebook
• More prep coverage

Conner (4-2, 1-1), which was coming off a 63-57 loss last week to South Oldham, then drove 96 yards, due in part to a 75-yard run by junior quarterback Drew Barker, with Fogle punching it in from a yard out with 4:08 left to put the game away.

“He’s everything you want in a football player,” said Conner coach Dave Trosper. “He leaves everything on the field – his heart and his soul. He goes 100 mph on every play and gives you everything he has. He is a wonderful, wonderful football player.

“He’s the best cover corner in Northern Kentucky. He just has a knack for the ball. He finds a way to get it done. His technique has gotten so much better over the last three years, and he works so hard to get better and be a great player.”

Fogle, who scored six touchdowns in the loss to South Oldham (three rushing, two receiving and one on an interception return), said he knew someone on his team’s beleaguered defense needed to make a play. Conner had gone just 1-2 in its previous three games in which it allowed 124 points, including 26 in the second half of a 33-31 loss to Dixie Heights three weeks ago.

“We were teetering a little bit and getting a little tired,” Fogle said. “They ran an out with the wide receiver, and he had A.J. coming out of the backfield and I knew he was going to throw it to A.J., and so I just jumped the route and he was far enough back for me to get there. ”

Cooper, which finished with 398 yards total offense, including 308 in the second half, took advantage of two Conner turnovers in the third quarter to rally from a 28-7 deficit it faced with 7:26 left in the quarter to pull to 28-21 with 2:59 remaining in the quarter on two touchdown passes from Morris to Collins. Morris completed 15 of 27 passes for 228 yards, while Collins rushed for 114 yards on 21 carries and had four receptions for 83 yards.

“We’ve overcome a ton of adversity and been through the fire so to speak,” Trosper said. “We’ve been in wars, we’ve been in battles and we’ve been in fights. To me that’s what makes great football teams. Cooper is a great football team, but they hadn’t endured what we had endured and the obstacles we have overtaken.”

Conner finished with 413 yards total offense, including 327 on the ground, rolled up 201 yards in the first half, including 147 on the ground, on a defense that was allowing just 176.2 yards per game (105.9 per game rushing).

Conner scored on three of its first four possessions of the game, including marching 57 yards in 11 plays on the first possession of the game to take a 7-0 lead. Barker, who finished with 146 yards rushing on 26 carries and completed 13 of 18 passes for 86 yards, went into the end zone from two yards on an option keeper.

Cooper, which entered the game averaging 32.7 points per game and hadn’t trailed at all in its first six games, did drive inside the Conner 25 twice in the first half, but turned it over on downs both times.

Cooper 0 0 21 0 --21
Conner 7 14 7 10 --38

CONN-Barker 2 run (Dunaway kick)
CONN-Fogle 39 run (Dunaway kick)
CONN-Loney 5 pass from Barker (Dunaway kick)
COOP-Morris 11 run (Turner kick)
CONN-Fogle 56 run (Dunaway kick)
COOP-Collins 16 pass from Morris (Turner kick)
COOP-Collins 11 pass from Morris (Turner kick)
CONN-FG Dunaway 23
CONN-Fogle 1 run (Dunaway kick)

Records: Coop 6-1 (1-1 Class 5A, District 5); Conn 4-2 (1-1).http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...309280159/
sstack Wrote:I did not see Spurrier,but did see some of his coaching staff, I was told he was not there,are you sure he was. Barker was the difference maker in this game.

My bad, I meant South Carolina
Surprised at this one...
I think Cameron Fogle(Conner) should be in the discussion for Mr. Football.

Absolutely amazing football player on offense and defense. Great kick/punt returner.

Also, he is averaging 51yds a punt as the punter.

6', 200 lbs

He ran a 4.48 at UK camp, the next day ran a 4.43 at Ball State camp. Then on the third camp/day in a row ran a 4.43 at Ohio university.

How does he NOT have an offer from someone?

For those who have not seen him, I think he is just like Austin Collinsworth, without the name.