Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 42 - South Laurel 41 OT
Final in OT!

Crazy night in London! Southwestern makes a great comeback in the 2nd Half and takes the lead only to see South Laurel go 65yds in about 30 seconds to put the game into overtime! South Laurel gets the coin toss and took the ball first and scores to go up by 7. Southwestern would then score and convert the two point conversion to win the game in Overtime! Very high emotions in this game as a fight broke out at one point.

On a more serious note, South Laurel WR Zach Allen was put on a stretcher and taken to the hospital after taking a big hit in the 2nd Quarter. I did not hear any updates on his condition. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. If anyone has any updates on his condition, please let us know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Sounds like this one was a slobberknocker!!

GetChilli will have to list all the gritty details..

Congratulations Warriors!!!

Praying for Zach Allen to be okay.
Logan Campisano is the First & Farmers Player of the Game with 21 carries for 194 rushing yards and 3 TDs!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
How about those Warriors tonight? After a tough loss to Madison Southern last week, the Warriors bounced back with a hard-fought win in overtime.

The game ended with a game-winning two-point conversion pass from Austin Smiddy to Gunnar Pittman. Logan Campisano, who battled injuries all-week long, came off the bench and scored 3 TDs.

Congrats to Andy Stephens and the rest of the Warriors on the victory, because you all certainly deserved it!
IMHO, this was for the four seed in that district.
This loss just knocked South out for good, along with Lincoln, and SW will now grab that 4 seed.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMHO, this was for the four seed in that district.
This loss just knocked South out for good, along with Lincoln, and SW will now grab that 4 seed.

I agree! I think SW can find themselves a playoff spot, especially if they can get a win next week at North Laurel.
Sounds like a big win for the Warriors.

Prayers going out for Zach Allen and his family.
Big win.
Allen got hit the head by another SW player in a helmet-to-helmet hit. His helmet fell off and he fell to the ground and didn't get up, but he was moving. Hopefully he's doing okay this morning!
Good win for the Warriors. This should get them into the playoffs--and a trip to either Whitley County or Harlan County in the first round. Still giving up a ton of points but nice work by the offense.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Good win for the Warriors. This should get them into the playoffs--and a trip to either Whitley County or Harlan County in the first round. Still giving up a ton of points but nice work by the offense.

Agreed
Norm Peterson Wrote:Good win for the Warriors. This should get them into the playoffs--and a trip to either Whitley County or Harlan County in the first round. Still giving up a ton of points but nice work by the offense.

My vote goes to Whitley County.
I know the Black Bears would like some revenge from last year...
but I don't see a rematch in the cards.
Nice win for team turmoil...Alumni quit worrying about where your pictures and trophies are put while the field house is being painted and support these kids and coaches.

If your feelings are hurt deal with it AFTER the season.
Well said, JumperDad!!!
Jumper Dad Wrote:Nice win for team turmoil...Alumni quit worrying about where your pictures and trophies are put while the field house is being painted and support these kids and coaches.

Totally agree! Couldn't have said it better myself!

:truestory:
Jumper Dad Wrote:Nice win for team turmoil...Alumni quit worrying about where your pictures and trophies are put while the field house is being painted and support these kids and coaches.

Since you brought this up...What is the story here?
Evidently some or all of the photos and trophies from past teams and seasons were placed in the bathroom/shower area so the field-house could be painted or work done on it. Someone took a photo of everything in the bathroom/shower area and it all blew up from there. I guess the thinking is that current staff has no regards for the past players...I dunno, but what ever the issue is, it is much to do about nothing as fas as this years team is concerned.

If I got some of this wrong someone please correct me as this is the story I was told by a parent of a current player.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Evidently some or all of the photos and trophies from past teams and seasons were placed in the bathroom/shower area so the field-house could be painted or work done on it. Someone took a photo of everything in the bathroom/shower area and it all blew up from there. I guess the thinking is that current staff has no regards for the past players...I dunno, but what ever the issue is, it is much to do about nothing as fas as this years team is concerned.

If I got some of this wrong someone please correct me as this is the story I was told by a parent of a current player.

That's pretty much what I've heard.
Most of the problems are over the fact that the defensive coordinator has no coaching experience above the pee-wee level and the strings that were pulled to get him hired.
Cammando Wrote:Most of the problems are over the fact that the defensive coordinator has no coaching experience above the pee-wee level and the strings that were pulled to get him hired.

Why would anyone be upset with that choice? The defense is only giving up 34 points a game.
did anyone get ejected from the fight or was it just pushing and shoving?
No ejections thankfully and the SL kid that was taken to the hospital is doing better.. Grade two concussion...
Willie Turnover Wrote:did anyone get ejected from the fight or was it just pushing and shoving?

No one got ejected.