Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co. 28 North Laurel 21
FINAL!

Pulaski doesn't get off the bus until the 2nd Half as they were down 21-0. Riley Hall stays calm, cool, and collected in the 2nd Half and leads them to victory. Coach Hines calls a very risky 2 point conversion call with the score 21-20 NL with only 1:52 left and Riley Hall converts on a pass to Tyler Goins to take the lead 22-21. Then Pulaski forces a fumble on the Jags next offensive play and scores another TD to push the lead to 28-21. The Maroons force yet another fumble to seal the deal with 1:10 left on the on North Laurel's next possession.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Good game to watch. Got to watch it on http://mvpsportschannel.com/live-sports-from-somerset/
Tough loss for Jags.
If anyone missed the game or would like to watch a replay of this very exciting game, it will be posted on MVPSportsChannel.com tomorrow evening!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maroons become district favorite tonight. North still should finish second.
Tough loss for North. They could not do much second half. Defense on field too much!
Maroons struggled early, but were able to leave NL with a victory. Congrats to the Maroons on the victory!
This definitely changes the outlook of the district.

North no longer has a chance at a district crown IMO.

Madison Souhtern is definitely the favorite, and this win pushes Pulaski County into a home playoff game IMO. Norths game against Madison Souhtern is a must win and i just dont see it happening.
Lack of schedule will doom North Laurel. North will finish 3rd or 4th in the district.
I picked this game exactly how it ended. 28-21 Pulaski Co. North really needs to drop Pineville and McCreary Cent. from the schedule and add Corbin or Whitley or someone similar, maybe Knox Cent.
This was an entertaining game to watch; congrats to the Maroons!

North Laurel should just be sick over this loss . . . turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.
hoops_town Wrote:I picked this game exactly how it ended. 28-21 Pulaski Co. North really needs to drop Pineville and McCreary Cent. from the schedule and add Corbin or Whitley or someone similar, maybe Knox Cent.

Great game, North really has improved since I saw them last year at Pulaski. What kind of fool does it take to realize North has never been very good and to just add a murderer schedule to start is a absolute FOOL. You may need to stick to hoops and not football because you sure dont know anything.

Every game cant be a superbowl.

Oh well I get to watch Russell and Rock tonight, 2 good days of football for me this week.
Was watching this game thinking Northern Pulaski Middle school had gotten a little smaller this year, then I found out it was their High school.Confusednicker: All joking aside great come back by the Maroons, I think the Jags started on some chicken at half thinking it was in the bag.:popcorn:
West 80 Wrote:Great game, North really has improved since I saw them last year at Pulaski. What kind of fool does it take to realize North has never been very good and to just add a murderer schedule to start is a absolute FOOL. You may need to stick to hoops and not football because you sure dont know anything.

Every game cant be a superbowl.

Oh well I get to watch Russell and Rock tonight, 2 good days of football for me this week.

I'm not saying to add all 3 of those teams, but if you think playing Pineville, Campbellsville, and McCreary Cent. is helping then you must be the fool. Maybe keep two of them but North definetely needs to add a quality team to the non-district schedule. Absolutlety no excuse for this North team to lose to a bunch of Pulaski freshmen this year.
North Laurel showed up in the first half, while Pulaski County did not. Then in the second half, things flip flopped.
hoops_town Wrote:I'm not saying to add all 3 of those teams, but if you think playing Pineville, Campbellsville, and McCreary Cent. is helping then you must be the fool. Maybe keep two of them but North definetely needs to add a quality team to the non-district schedule. Absolutlety no excuse for this North team to lose to a bunch of Pulaski freshmen this year.

From looking at NL schedule, are you saying Russell Co and Wayne Co are not quality opponets.

I know Pulaski football, most of the guys out there are not freshmen, the TB, Goins is a SR, the other TB is a Soph, WRs are Jrs and Srs. Not sure where you get your FOOLISH info

If North added Knox and Corbin, wouldnt the arguement be made as to why are those teams playing NL, shouldnt they be playing a quality opponet.

North has gotten better, but they are not ready for the murder schedule some expect.
West 80 Wrote:From looking at NL schedule, are you saying Russell Co and Wayne Co are not quality opponets.

I know Pulaski football, most of the guys out there are not freshmen, the TB, Goins is a SR, the other TB is a Soph, WRs are Jrs and Srs. Not sure where you get your FOOLISH info

If North added Knox and Corbin, wouldnt the arguement be made as to why are those teams playing NL, shouldnt they be playing a quality opponet.

North has gotten better, but they are not ready for the murder schedule some expect.

Nicely put West 80, North is still on the RISE. Any team playing us is getting a game. :thanks:
hoops_town Wrote:I picked this game exactly how it ended. 28-21 Pulaski Co. North really needs to drop Pineville and McCreary Cent. from the schedule and add Corbin or Whitley or someone similar, maybe Knox Cent.

:flame:hoops_town, :thatsfunn
Great comeback by Pulaski. They have an excellent shot of getting a home playoff game.
Russell Co and Wayne are both quality opponents, thats why North lost to both. But i'd say they improved much more as a team in those games than they did vs McCreary Cent and Pineville. Nothing wrong with having 1 or 2 sure wins on the schedule. North does have a very quality 1a school on the schedule next year. Williamsburg.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Great comeback by Pulaski. They have an excellent shot of getting a home playoff game.

Whoever wins the Pulaski-Madison Southern game will be the 1 seed and the other 2 seed. North Laurel will get the 3 seed and more than likely be at Whitley in round 1 of the playoffs. The 4 seed is a toss up, but would be a nice trip to play on Harlan Co's brand new field.
Shocked that Pulaski struggled as much as they did...nice come back Maroons.
we are williamsburg 1a scloool like to play Confusederved: by:policeman:policeman:policeman.north laurel:worthy::worthy::worthy:
For anyone who wants to watch the replay of this game, you can go to http://www.mvpsportschannel.com and Just click on "MVP rewind" button, then follow link to ustream.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Turnovers really hurt PC in the first half. 5 fumbles and lost three. 2 of those were bad snaps on the goal line during the first series as PC was trying to score. Turned it over on downs after that. PC offense was not sharp in the first half. Got it together in the second. they can't continue to spot opponents points before they decide to start playing.
North needs to start scheduling Whitley on a yearly basis. Two 5A schools in opposite districts in the same region.

I know we have a few weeks still in question next year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:North needs to start scheduling Whitley on a yearly basis. Two 5A schools in opposite districts in the same region.

I know we have a few weeks still in question next year.

Careful.....West 80 and Jagswag will be telling you how foolish you are for such a post.
hoops_town Wrote:Careful.....West 80 and Jagswag will be telling you how foolish you are for such a post.

Well actually it doesn't matter to me who North schedules, they are not my team anyway. But I do know the teams I follow generally don't schedule teams opposite the district, Rock and Pulaski don't do do it so I figure most don't either. Think it has something to do with not wanting to play the same team twice, besides why would Whitley want to play North anyway, that would be scheduling down and doesn't Whitley schedule tough teams.
if i was the nelson kid i think id transfer unless they look to be good next year. the kid in an animal and needs some more recognition
West 80 Wrote:Well actually it doesn't matter to me who North schedules, they are not my team anyway. But I do know the teams I follow generally don't schedule teams opposite the district, Rock and Pulaski don't do do it so I figure most don't either. Think it has something to do with not wanting to play the same team twice, besides why would Whitley want to play North anyway, that would be scheduling down and doesn't Whitley schedule tough teams.

Were in a situation where a few teams have refused to play us again next year and wont sign a contract. Were looking for games and IMO, North Laurel, while not a powerhouse isnt playing "down".
There a 5A school with more kids and a close travel.
Lynn Camp, Rockcastle, Somerset, and Russell County are all gone off our schedule next year.
Madison Southern has already been added, but that still leaves 3 games. I would much rather play North Laurel than Lynn Camp.

As far as next years concerned, Bell and Boyle are the only non district teams who resigned.

Nothing would surprise me to see what next years schedule will look like.
Id like to see Lex Cath and Belfry back on the schedule like they were a few years ago along with a Corbin or Knox game.