Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 9 Paintsville 7
Good game overall. Brandon May pitched 6 and 2/3 innings and Braxton Lafferty came in relief to close the door. Paintsville didn't play the greatest game tonight and shot themselves in the foot with errors. Grimm and May both pitched well but May preveiled. The game went back and forth, May supported his own cause with a rocket of a HR off the pool building at Paintsville. Andrew Brown of Paintsville went 3 for 4 with a triple, 2 HR's and 3 RBI's. Grimm supported his own cause at the plate going 3 for 4. Congrats to Sheldon Clark, keep your head up Tigers time to regroup tomorrow night.
Great game to watch, it was back and forth all night. Paintsville doesn't seem to have any easy outs. Neither team fielded very well but most of the runs came from nice hits. Both teams will be hard to beat come tourney time. Paintsville concession stand brought over ice for SC's pitcher without being asked when the game was over. I just thought it was a classy move and deserved mentioning.:thumpsup:
It was a good game. It certainly was back and forth there. I agree with BB, we didn't help ourselvrs in the field, but that's baseball. We'll re-group and be ready to "play ball" tomorrow! That Andrew Brown surely is having a good season @ bat! I hope everyone enjoyed it & the concessions. Next time out... we'll have some good music and a PA system to let everyone know what's up!
What we reeeally need is for Citizens and Family Bank along with perhaps another lending institution, to help us with a new scoreboard, since Mother Nature's jolt of lightning gave ours a random shot during the last big serious storm! We're expecting improvements to our field soon, and a new scoreboard would cap off the planned embellishments! Good Luck to both teams for the rest of the season!
Congrats to SC, I wish Paintsville could've pulled this one out, but better luck next time guys. May has been one of the better pitchers in the Region for what has seemed an eternity for most teams.
I just dont get these cardinals. At some points during the year they can look like a little league team out there, but then other times, like today(i wasnt there but i heard about it), and against Fairview they can play like Regional Champions! Good job today Cards, and to Brandon May, congratulations, YOU are carrying this team like a senior should!
corndog23 Wrote:I just dont get these cardinals. At some points during the year they can look like a little league team out there, but then other times, like today(i wasnt there but i heard about it), and against Fairview they can play like Regional Champions! Good job today Cards, and to Brandon May, congratulations, YOU are carrying this team like a senior should!

Good point, I think they have the best team in the region if they play like it.
There were some errors in this game but don't take anything away from either one of these teams. They both had some real solids hits tonights. A few shots. Seniors really stepped up for the Cards tonight. B. May, Lafferty, Horn, Johnson and T.C. Maynard all had some key plays hitting the ball tonight. Good game for the Cards, but the Tigers are an excellent team as well.
Congrats to Coach Hall, big win for the Cards
The baseball regional champion will be determined this year just like it was in basketball. The winner of this region will come down to whoever is able to get on a roll in the post season coupled with the luck of the draw. Throw the records and the regular season results out the window come tournament time, they mean nothing.

Paintsville beats JC, JC beats SC,SC beats Paintsville, Paintsville splits with Pikeville, Pikeville and JC go extra innings, Lawrence Co. beats Pikeville, Pikeville beats SC, SC beats Lawrence Co. How competetive and complicated does it get?!!!!
the tigers seam to be having an up and down season
Battle Tested Wrote:the tigers seam to be having an up and down season
seems like a trend in the 15th this year..but thats the beauty of baseball!
Battle Tested Wrote:the tigers seam to be having an up and down season

They won 8 of their last 10, there's something about baseball and the number of games played. You can't win them all. They've lost those two games by a combine total of 3 runs, don't see how it's an up and down year.
Congrats SC.
Close Game
The Blue Blur Wrote:They won 8 of their last 10, there's something about baseball and the number of games played. You can't win them all. They've lost those two games by a combine total of 3 runs, don't see how it's an up and down year.
true :thumpsup: