Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement Referees
^ It does not matter what the ref called! It was under 2:00, that play goes to the League officials in the booth no matter what! The refs on the field could have said NO CALL, walked off the field, and never made an indication at all. That play goes to the booth and the league calls that a dual possession, TD offense!
Tate only has 1 arm on the ball when there coming down when it's hurdled in Jennings chest. 1 ARM IS HANGING FROM HIS SIDE ON THE WAY DOWN.
Stardust Wrote:^ It does not matter what the ref called! It was under 2:00, that play goes to the League officials in the booth no matter what! The refs on the field could have said NO CALL, walked off the field, and never made an indication at all. That play goes to the booth and the league calls that a dual possession, TD offense!
The play can not be overturned because it's a possession call. Regardless of a replay or not. So it didn't go to the booth. Had the clown who had no vantage point of ball once the defender secured it to his chest, not raised his hands, they could've discussed the call. The replay then could've went to the booth.
LOL@ Billy Belicheck

"Hey come back here you SOB, were suppose to beat the Ravens".......

It's only a big deal because ESPN and the union loving players want you to think it is.

These guys are doing fine.
The game is faster than what these refs are use to so their reaction times are delayed which in turn is causing bad calls.

I will say that with all of the complaints of the replacements, it is helping the NFL refs negotiate to their advantage...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:LOL@ Billy Belicheck

"Hey come back here you SOB, were suppose to beat the Ravens".......

It's only a big deal because ESPN and the union loving players want you to think it is.

These guys are doing fine.

They are not doing just fine .
IMO the replacement refs are blowing a lot of calls, but so did the regular refs. A lot of people are comparing the replacement refs with substitute teachers which is a good analogy IMO because the players are not respecting the replacements and are trying to get by with a lot of things they wouldn't try with the union refs (much like students do with substitute teachers and regular teachers). But much like a substitute teacher the replacement refs need to take control of the games and make the players respect them. The replacement refs need to realize they have the backing of the NFL brass and there's nothing the players can do about that.

The demands the regular refs are making for what is a part time job is amazing. I hope they don't get them.

As far as the final play on MNF, IMO it was clearly an interception, but it's not the first nor will it be the last time a refs call will determine the outcome of a NFL game. Because they are replacement refs though every call they make will be magnified.
Any truth to the rumor that Seattle had Perry Central's home crew of officials flown in to call the game last night?
Stardust Wrote:^ It does not matter what the ref called! It was under 2:00, that play goes to the League officials in the booth no matter what! The refs on the field could have said NO CALL, walked off the field, and never made an indication at all. That play goes to the booth and the league calls that a dual possession, TD offense!

I enjoy seeing you make stuff up and pass it off as it's legitimate.

By rule, if both the WR and defender have possession and fall to the ground, the offensive player gets the TD.

BUT! If the defender is first to the ball and maintains possession throughout - then it is by definition an interception - this is also NOT REVIEWABLE.

They review it from the booth as a standard procedure, but deciding who made the catch is something that can't be decided from the booth and is solely decided by the call on the field.

I will say this, though...
let's look past the push-off and just look at the catch.
If I was reffing that game and I saw that happen full-speed...
there's no doubt in my mind that I would have called dual-possession and gave the TD to the offense. It was a bang-bang play and when they both go to the ground with their hands on it I don't see how you call anything else.
The call was definitely a blown call - but I don't know that a legit NFL ref would have made the correct call.
If the regular refs would have been in there then their would still be bitching and just as much of it.

If I was the NFL, i'd try to use them the entire year.

IF they can get adjusted to the speed, which takes everyone time, then they might be better.