Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ironton (OH) @ Johnson Central 9/28
Coach Matney is doing a much better job this year of staying more balanced. Young, Belcher, Gound, and Dillon are all threats to run the ball. I think that's going to help us down the road because last year all they had to do was key on JJ. I thought our offense looked good last week at Boyd Co. We could've beat them much worse if we wanted. This week will be a good matchup.

Found these Ashland game highlights. Looks like they have the rest of their games too.
He does look like a preety good back. Maybe better than I was thinking.
That was first play was the play Shannon justice ran him Down It was a great hussle play from shannon
Watch the Potsmouth game highlights. Damn!
he is as advertised, to the person that said ironton was bailed out. seriously it was like 37 -21 or something like that. with the last touchdown coming against reserves.that's why ironton is tough year in and out, they get a lead they get their starters out, and give everybody else the reigns.you'll see. they are fundamentally sound. and will hit you hard, and they are not 1 dimensional any longer.
i'll say this as well ashland is tough, why they abandoned the running game, that was working is beyond me. he left it for a 2 minute offense. it didn't work out. still a very exciting game.
Catfan98 Wrote:

Found these Ashland game highlights. Looks like they have the rest of their games too.
He does look like a preety good back. Maybe better than I was thinking.

I said in the Ashland-Ironton thread that I didn't think the refereeing was that bad and that Lewis beat Ashland, but the more I replay it, I noticed on one of his long TD runs (at 1minute15seconds) the left tackle who Lewis ran by grabs the outside LB and throws him down, thus making a hole. It makes me question the credibility of this ref crew.
64cat Wrote:I said in the Ashland-Ironton thread that I didn't think the refereeing was that bad and that Lewis beat Ashland, but the more I replay it, I noticed on one of his long TD runs (at 1minute15seconds) the left tackle who Lewis ran by grabs the outside LB and throws him down, thus making a hole. It makes me question the credibility of this ref crew.

There is no doubt that the Lewis kid is a very good RB. BUT, after watching this clip it is more and more amazing what kind of RB Johnson Central had in JJ Jude. No disrespect intended.
Bob Seger Wrote:There is no doubt that the Lewis kid is a very good RB. BUT, after watching this clip it is more and more amazing what kind of RB Johnson Central had in JJ Jude. No disrespect intended.

Lewis is faster than Jude was.
FBALL Wrote:Lewis is faster than Jude was.

I would have to disagree. Lewis is more physical and has speed to go with it. Which is why I think he is a better college prospect than JJ was. But in a foot race alone with nothing else involved Jude is quicker.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I would have to disagree. Lewis is more physical and has speed to go with it. Which is why I think he is a better college prospect than JJ was. But in a foot race alone with nothing else involved Jude is quicker.

Laterally maybe. Straight ahead speed goes to Lewis.
FBALL Wrote:Laterally maybe. Straight ahead speed goes to Lewis.

I'd pay to watch them run the 40 against each other. Can someone make this the halftime entertainment for this weeks game? I don't think the concession people would be to happy as no one woul leave there seat.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I'd pay to watch them run the 40 against each other. Can someone make this the halftime entertainment for this weeks game? I don't think the concession people would be to happy as no one woul leave there seat.

I don't think Vass would like that too much either.
FBALL Wrote:I don't think Vass would like that too much either.

Why not they had a kid in the marching band during halftime. I say keep his legs loose let him run. I demand My Entertainment. Lol
Bob Seger Wrote:There is no doubt that the Lewis kid is a very good RB. BUT, after watching this clip it is more and more amazing what kind of RB Johnson Central had in JJ Jude. No disrespect intended.

I agree. JJ Jude for his size was extremely physical as well.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I would have to disagree. Lewis is more physical and has speed to go with it. Which is why I think he is a better college prospect than JJ was. But in a foot race alone with nothing else involved Jude is quicker.

You my friend have no idea what your talking about............

JJ Jude was a 2 time high school state champion wrestler. Not too mention his wrestling win-lose record, his number of regional wrestling titles and tournaments he won while competeing at the high school level.

Wrestling is THE MOST physical sport offered. JJ, IMO, is a much better wrestler than football player.
Speed is not all a rb needs. JJ had a very good level of awareness for a hs back that you don't see very often. He also liked to punish tacklers, couple that with speed and you have the complete package that was jj jude.
FBALL Wrote:Lewis is faster than Jude was.

I know sometimes that appearances can be decieving but in this clip it doesn't even look like Lewis is anywhere close.
I think Jude was more physical. Lewis is faster.
Trust me when I say I am a JJ Jude fan and I know how tough the kid was but there is a different between tough and physical. Lewis seeks out more contact JJ was always off to he races trying to break the big play. Lewis is looking for the safety to hit. Both fine players Lewis is just more of a physical load than JJ was size wise an initiates more contact. I do feel however JJ wasn't given a fair shot because of his size. I believe he couldve been very good in a program better than EKU he just didn't have the size major colleges want. Kid was a great talent and a class act. Really enjoyed watching him for four years. Just as the fans at this game will enjoy watching Patrick Lewis this Friday. Should be a good one.
it sounds as though this game will be everything it is cracked up to be. fighting tiger fans love that. we love to get physical, and get with it. i'm stoked, and may the best team win, i hope to see an amazing injury free game. and ole fashioned slobberknocker, bait.
we would be remissed in talking only of lewis, ironton has a very solid stable of running backs at their disposal, and a huge oline.we are built for tough physical games. and with the addition of a more balanced offensive attack. we are lessvulnerable than in the recent past. and we have excellent special teams as well.

if you are interested in seeing how the divisions stack up in all claases 1-6
go to http://www.joeeitel.com
you can see how every division , and region stacks up in the state of ohio.
ironton is in division 4 region 15
one thing for sure from fighting tiger fans and players , you'll see good sportsmanship. we love good smashmouth football, and if you beat us, they'll shake your hand and get ready for next week.and we travel very well. stock up that consession stand , with chow and drinks. cause your stadium is getting ready to turn orange and black.
You're Tiger Bait Wrote:we would be remissed in talking only of lewis, ironton has a very solid stable of running backs at their disposal, and a huge oline.we are built for tough physical games. and with the addition of a more balanced offensive attack. we are lessvulnerable than in the recent past. and we have excellent special teams as well.

if you are interested in seeing how the divisions stack up in all claases 1-6
go to http://www.joeeitel.com
you can see how every division , and region stacks up in the state of ohio.
ironton is in division 4 region 15
Yes the other backs are good players as well. But make no mistake about it this tiger team goes as far as #22 takes them
I agree with bait looking forward to a injury free smashmouth game this week..Lewis is as good as advertised and so is the rest of the Tiger TEAM.. Safe travels to everyone and GO TIGERS!!!!!
he is very special no doubt, but you can never do it without the big eaters.
I dont know who is better between Jude and Lewis but I do know the best back ive seen in this area EKY/Southern Ohio and he was from Ironton. I believe Mr Bait brought up the name Jermon Jackson and made a slight comparison. He my friends was without question better than both. Guess thats why you get an offer from OSU. Ran across this while looking at Lewis highlights. Forgot how good he was.
great clips, i spect i saw every one of his runs. i sent clippings to john cooper about him for 4 years.ohio state signed him. then tryed to run him up the middle all the time, that was not his strong suit.he was very elusive, but not the biggest back in columbus. but ironton will never forget him.
You're Tiger Bait Wrote:great clips, i spect i saw every one of his runs. i sent clippings to john cooper about him for 4 years.ohio state signed him. then tryed to run him up the middle all the time, that was not his strong suit.he was very elusive, but not the biggest back in columbus. but ironton will never forget him.

How big is Lewis?? Is he D-1 size?? If so, hit Urban up. I'm sure if Lewis is as good as advertised he's already on Urban's radar.
Gameday!!! :popcorn: