Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MVP of 15th
Who do you think gets MVP thus far in the season?
Still too early in the season to say.
I am going with Tyler Turner of Allen Central. (4-2) on the mound and from what I've heard he has like a 0 ERA and like over 40 K's. He's batting something over .500 with like 5 HR's, over 20 RBI's, and like 8 or so stolen bases. IMO, he has to be one of the tops in the region, if not the top.
Why does this have to be discussed now? This is a thread sure to cause hard feelings. Once ALL the stats are in for the season, then it could be discussed. For now, all that's going to be posted is stuff that will cause disharmony among a team "and like" make everyone mad.
A. Chapman from Belfry.
how can u be 4-2 and have a 0 era?
Too early... WAY TOO EARLY
Yeah way to early but Chapman for Belfry is defintley a name to throw out there they are hard to beat with him pitching. And I think he has 5 homeruns now.
cuzin Wrote:how can u be 4-2 and have a 0 era?

That's what I was thinking?
blackcat Wrote:That's what I was thinking?

A lot of E's I guess...Rolleyes
My EARLY vote goes to Grimm of Paintsville.
blackcat Wrote:That's what I was thinking?

A couple of errors at the wrong time. The two games he lost, he did not start, but he only came in for relief for like 1-2 innings. Players made an error and allowed a run to score. Not a lot of errors, but just 2 at the wrong time. Results in a few unearned runs and 2 losses. That's how it happens.

Also, I would have to say that Shane Grimm of Paintsville would be a name to throw out too, along with Aaron Chapman.

I am sure, by season's end, you will hear names like Chase Huffman, Brandon May, Tim Hayes, Braxton Lafferty, Scott Little, Justin Jacobs -- just to name a few -- who will be in the mix as well. We do have a lot of talented players still, even after graduating a load last season.
Grimm has had a very good year. but i agree it is too early to say
Pacman Wrote:A couple of errors at the wrong time. The two games he lost, he did not start, but he only came in for relief for like 1-2 innings. Players made an error and allowed a run to score. Not a lot of errors, but just 2 at the wrong time. Results in a few unearned runs and 2 losses. That's how it happens.

Also, I would have to say that Shane Grimm of Paintsville would be a name to throw out too, along with Aaron Chapman.

I am sure, by season's end, you will hear names like Chase Huffman, Brandon May, Tim Hayes, Braxton Lafferty, Scott Little, Justin Jacobs -- just to name a few -- who will be in the mix as well. We do have a lot of talented players still, even after graduating a load last season.
Right now the only thing you might do is pick an early season MVP of your own team. MVP honors usually go to a player that can lead their team to a regional title and that is a little on down the road. Some players that have not been named who are all having very good seasons are Justin Blanton of Johnson Central, Daniel Pugh of Paintsville, and Justin Anderson of Pikeville.I know that Blanton is leading Johnson Central in almost every offensive category, and I would not be surprised that Pugh and Anderson are not leading their respective teams as well.
rooster Wrote:Right now the only thing you might do is pick an early season MVP of your own team. MVP honors usually go to a player that can lead their team to a regional title and that is a little on down the road. Some players that have not been named who are all having very good seasons are Justin Blanton of Johnson Central, Daniel Pugh of Paintsville, and Justin Anderson of Pikeville.I know that Blanton is leading Johnson Central in almost every offensive category, and I would not be surprised that Pugh and Anderson are not leading their respective teams as well.

As for Paintsville I think you would be suprised. Paintsville has about 5 players tied with 1 homerun. Pugh is high on the all categories. He may lead in batting average but Sublett is not far behind him and leads the team in RBI's. Humphrey leads the team in stolen bases. Paintsville also has about 3 or 4 more players who are batting around .400 or higher. Grimm is one of those and has been superb on the mound this season. I doubt you could get a MVP from this team, heck they as a team don't even have a team MVP. It's a team effort and that's what wins ball games. It's good to see such young kids be able to comprehend the team concept.
rooster Wrote:Right now the only thing you might do is pick an early season MVP of your own team. MVP honors usually go to a player that can lead their team to a regional title and that is a little on down the road. Some players that have not been named who are all having very good seasons are Justin Blanton of Johnson Central, Daniel Pugh of Paintsville, and Justin Anderson of Pikeville.I know that Blanton is leading Johnson Central in almost every offensive category, and I would not be surprised that Pugh and Anderson are not leading their respective teams as well.

Good Point................MVP from each of your respected teams?
The Blue Blur Wrote:As for Paintsville I think you would be suprised. Paintsville has about 5 players tied with 1 homerun. Pugh is high on the all categories. He may lead in batting average but Sublett is not far behind him and leads the team in RBI's. Humphrey leads the team in stolen bases. Paintsville also has about 3 or 4 more players who are batting around .400 or higher. Grimm is one of those and has been superb on the mound this season. I doubt you could get a MVP from this team, heck they as a team don't even have a team MVP. It's a team effort and that's what wins ball games. It's good to see such young kids be able to comprehend the team concept.
Thanks for the update and info. I had no idea where anyone else was statistically. I just read somewhere that Pugh had an astronomical BA at one time and I just assumed that he was probably leading in most categories. You know how it is when you assume. I agree that the Tigers are very talented, well coached and should do very this season. Wasn't trying to slight anyone at all or cause dissention. I was just trying to make mention of a few more names out there of some players that had not been mentioned that were also having very good seasons. I am sure there are many more out there that deserves a shout that I am just not aware of.
rooster Wrote:Thanks for the update and info. I had no idea where anyone else was statistically. I just read somewhere that Pugh had an astronomical BA at one time and I just assumed that he was probably leading in most categories. You know how it is when you assume. I agree that the Tigers are very talented, well coached and should do very this season. Wasn't trying to slight anyone at all or cause dissention. I was just trying to make mention of a few more names out there of some players that had not been mentioned that were also having very good seasons. I am sure there are many more out there that deserves a shout that I am just not aware of.

No dissention, just like you trying to throw some more names out there. And tonight I might add that Subblett's and Pugh's batting average went down as Brandon May pitched a superb game at Paintsville. But a name I didn't mention earlier was Andrew Brown. He went 3 for 4 tonight with a triple, 2 HR's and 3 RBI's. Might add that Grimm's batting average is climbing as he went 3 for 4 tonight as well as J.D. Vanhoose.
The Blue Blur Wrote:No dissention, just like you trying to throw some more names out there. And tonight I might add that Subblett's and Pugh's batting average went down as Brandon May pitched a superb game at Paintsville. But a name I didn't mention earlier was Andrew Brown. He went 3 for 4 tonight with a triple, 2 HR's and 3 RBI's. Might add that Grimm's batting average is climbing as he went 3 for 4 tonight as well as J.D. Vanhoose.
Grimm hasn't struck out one time yet this season either.
Didn't know that Pupaw nice stat to have.
No need for making fun of a player on here. :dontthink
How bout Cade Riddle