Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 54 Allen Central 6
Williamsburg put this one away in the first 5 min. Score was 42-0 with 4:50 left on the clock in the first quarter.
W'burg ran back the opening kickoff, held Allen Central to a 3 and out, then scored another TD on the first play from scrimmage. The rout began early.

Coach Herron pulled the starters as soon as the 45 point lead was reached and the continuous clock kicked in (just after the second quarter started).

The second team did well for the most part, in particular, Shackleford, Osborne, and Dunn.
46-0 at 11:40 of second period. Williamsburg subbed down and played young kids. Allen Central played hard the remainder of the game. Credit to their kids and coaches they didn't fold up and quit at that point. Their coaches remained positive and continued to coach up their kids. #40 is a load. Allen Central lead Williamsburg inside the last two minutes last year. It is amazing how much things can change in a years time in class A football. Shackleford and Culver showed they deserve more snaps. Good effort by young kids.
The young kids played well. I believe I counted at least 6 freshmen on the field for most of the 2nd half. I was especially impressed by Dunn and Shackleford. The future looks bright and the starters got a chance to heal up for the home stretch.
Congrats Yellowjackets!
Congrats to wburg
I was really empressed with the young kids in this game... Dunn is going to be a special player he played almost the whole game... Osborne showed a lil speed on a kick off return but it didnt count he later scored with a touchdown catch... shackleford was all over the field all night long... He is starting to see more and more pt... it was a great learning experience for all the young guys...
Ps: I dont think the jackets will have any problems beating open this week lol...
You would think that with three football games played within the span of 24 hours, Williamsburg/Whitley County would have been an exciting place to be this weekend, but all three games were absolute SNOOZERS!!!

Williamsburg over Allen Central 54-6
Whitley County over Lynn Camp 49-0
University of the Cumberlands over University of Pikeville 63-21

Hometown teams 166, Visitors 27. It must be the clean mountain air... it sure can't be the water!

Allen Central and Pikeville only scored on their opponents' 2nd 3rd teams. Congrats to Coaches Herron, Black and Bland... great job, gentlemen!

BTW, last night was Jerry Herron's 50th overall win as head coach.
Congrats Williamsburg! You are a very fun team to watch and I hope you make a lot of noise in the playoffs!