• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 40 Rockcastle County 24
Final
Congrats Dores!
Congratulations, PCC!
I seen this one coming.
PCC may be the worst team ever to average 40 points a game Confusednicker:
Congrats to PCC! What will it be Zaga lol "take it easy on me"
Congratulations to PCC. The better team on this night. Good luck with the rest of the season.
awh man!!!!....thats beating to take @ home..... my good longtime friend ROCKSOLID69 is in the right direction, ROCK isnt the same like past teams. I honestly believe these next 2 district games coming up will be super tough. Ive been told that Russell Co. is the team to beat this year to win district AND as far as being the best on our schedule. Strongly disagree after KC pulled off a major upset against Harlan Co. , Russell Co. is one of our orginal opponents dating back to 1972. ROCK has had its down years BUT during those down years, there was great potential. From 1978-1981 ROCK had a record of 12-32. This team from 2009-2012 thus far has a record of 20-21. This team seems not to be connecting on pass defense, blocking, and tackling BASED on what Ive heard. The first October game vs. KC this year is BIG considering its the 1st time in rival history that
we've played an opponent 30 times.
Congrads to PCC on FINALLY beating ROCK.
all I can say is wow!!! thought rock had a shot at this one. Better get Rock while you can cause when they reload they will be a team that could be very hard to deal with!!! Cause it always seems that they just go down for a year then the next year there pretty dang tough for the 3 years!!!
Congrats PCC, hope we continue playing each year
congrats to PCC
9/21/2012
Perry Co. Central 40 Rockcastle Co. 24
Perry Co. Central 7 19 7 7 40
Rockcastle Co. 0 6 6 12 24
Scoring summary:
P--Austin Pray 1 run (Dylan Wooten kick); R--Damien McDaniel 5 run (kick failed); P--Nathan Pray 72 pass from A. Pray (kick failed); P--A. Pray 5 run (Wooten kick); P--Tyler Fugate 46 interception return (kick failed); R--Corey McPhetridge 1 run (kick failed); P--N. Pray 90 pass from A. Pray (Wooten kick); R--Tyler Smith 4 pass from McPhetridge (kick failed); P--Fugate 21 pass from A. Pray (Wooten kick); R--Boone Saylor 15 pass from McPhetridge (run failed).
Records: Perry Co. Central 3-3, Rockcastle Co. 2-4.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
Rock is really struggling
Nice to see Perry get the passing game clicking with the best WR on the sidelines. I was worried about how they would play without Beatty but Nathan Pray really stepped up.

I sat on the Perry side and they complained about refs and the clock keeper all night. I found that funny.

and Rocksolid - I'll be nice Wink
What words can be said? Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:What words can be said? Sad

I think your pep band said it best in regards to the rockets...

"Baby, you're a firework"

I would refuse to play a snap after they played that lol
^You probably laughed all night at that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Before Rockcastle County HS football existed in 1972, Mount Vernon HS was the only school out of the three schools in the county had a football team. 1963 was the 1st year that MVHS had 11-man football, they only had one winning season prior to 1957...1959 was the 1st season victorious, this season @ the height of the JFK Presidency, MVHS had a record of 7-0 remaining the only undefeated team in Rockcastle County history of any sanction sport. The W-L column for ROCK in the last 5 years have been a rollercoaster WHICH we are still in that direct path. From 1986-2006, ROCK secured 21 straight winning seasons, 16 straight playoff appearances winning 27 playoff games out of 43 establishing an incredible 22-6 playoff record @ home scoring 728 points and allowing 368. So we did have a fun time making ROCK football an exciting atmosphere for Ky HS football fans.
Congrats PCC! Didn't expect this!
Perry getting better they won 3 straight everyone laughed when i said they were one of the best 1-3 teams a couple of week ago. After watching Breathitt and Hazard last night Perry is just as good as them two teams. Their faster and stronger.
Hazard and Breathitt both would beat Perry by 3 or 4 touchdowns this year. Brandon Jones would run at will and so would Richard Trent. Hazard and Breathitt also play really good defense.
rocket01 Wrote:Before Rockcastle County HS football existed in 1972, Mount Vernon HS was the only school out of the three schools in the county had a football team. 1963 was the 1st year that MVHS had 11-man football, they only had one winning season prior to 1957...1959 was the 1st season victorious, this season @ the height of the JFK Presidency, MVHS had a record of 7-0 remaining the only undefeated team in Rockcastle County history of any sanction sport. The W-L column for ROCK in the last 5 years have been a rollercoaster WHICH we are still in that direct path. From 1986-2006, ROCK secured 21 straight winning seasons, 16 straight playoff appearances winning 27 playoff games out of 43 establishing an incredible 22-6 playoff record @ home scoring 728 points and allowing 368. So we did have a fun time making ROCK football an exciting atmosphere for Ky HS football fans.

Are you saying it isn't fun anymore
West 80 Wrote:Are you saying it isn't fun anymore

never said it wasn't fun anymore, strong beliefs that it STILL is. Theres still a fire of spiritual moments @ The ROCK. :Thumbs:
Rocket01, once again, kudos on your history updates.

I think most posters enjoy reading things like that.

I have all of Whitley's stats and records somewhere, but have no clue where they went to lol.
^thanks RIUTG, Im real conservative in most topics of HS football....some fans on here think Im a thorn and I'll give ya clear hint who they are. The HS team plays their home games @ Log Mountain......lol during my Jr. and Sr. year, we took these games like it was our last....the history that built us home motivated our beliefs to inherit the same feeling. From 2005-2006, We were 22-5 winning the last 12 straight home games, going 15-1 in district action as well. After a loss man....our response was what most expected. A defeat would get us upset because the mindset was doi.g the absolute best til the last horn sounded. The great examples of reactions after losses; 2000 Class AAA State Semi-Finals vs Highlands, 2003 Class AAA Playoffs @ Mason County and the 2004 Class AAA Playoffs@ Ashland Blazer along w/ losses against Corbin, and Bell County b/c EVENTUALLY in that time span, WE got our revenge. Something has changed as far as reaction being down a few scores you know....I mean yea, in 2008 We did beat Mercer Co. 10-6, We did beat Russell Co. scoring a duce in OT last and we had a few OTs and . Its the friction mindset what Im trying to say what has majorly changed seeing the whole picture...theres a saying I said before when I was a Volunteer Assistant @ ROCK and that saying was "statistics tell a story" 3 yrs. ago the Bell Mob on here if I may had this great invision that a repeat from 08 was gonna happen in 09 and when I was interested to find out what the combined opponents strength was from these two seasons....08 was like one of the worst strength schedules they had and ROCK in the past 2 yrs. had one of the tougher schedules in comparison. As I was giving a fair and balance debate to them, I was getting bashed because I laid an outline why the results were the results....they just kept rambling me...I had backup members behind me in agreement....lol. Everytime a prediction came about...they didnt give a chance to the opponent...you might as well say juggernaut in that case. That was the mind set of the average fan there and I said "eventually an exceptionally great tram will kick butt refering to Boyle County....playoffs came....goose eggs happened, head swelling increased...they said ROCK's opponents from 00-02 were not that good....well casting stones from Pineville and how appropriate as it was like an ego rattling Chain Rock. When the Boyle game came about...Boyle won!...the Morale of this story is that when youre kicked down when youre doing the absolute best @ playing your best or stating your factual opinions and EVENTUALLY that friction will come about. Thats what Im saying.
Why don't you come back n be assistant
Suprised with final score