Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 37 Boyd County 6
Final
Congrats Eagles!
I kind of figured Boyd would be able to hang around and keep it respectable.
Congrats to the Eagles. Another solid game for JC. I'm looking forward to the Tomcats comming to Paintsville.
I actually forgot how bad I disliked Boyd County's stadium.... Couldn't hear the P.A. system at all on the visitors side. Had to walk almost back to I-64 to get to the "visitors side entrance"....

And to be honest, this was probably the most boring High School game I have ever been to in my life.
Believe it or not that place used to rock.
Yeah, it rocked in the 70's and 80's, but it's been kinda ho hum last few years.
I do believe Coach Brooks will get Boyd County winning again,so long as he is given a chance and community support.
He will if they have patience and politics don't get him first. I still think they screwed up firing Evans.
Ugly win for the eagles, didn't play very well at all.
Lee Evans is a very good offensive coach but not a head coach. The problem was his unwilling or unable to make adjustments. If you saw the first half of the first game of the season then you saw what he was doing all season, no matter who they were playing. I'm not sure if it was him or his assistants that let them quit tackleing, and firing off the line, but as head coach it was his responsibility to make sure that the defense takled and his line was firing off. I wish he could've stayed as an offensive coordinator, but he did well getting on at Russell. A good example of an all time great coach who was one of the best at what he did but not as a head coach is Dick LeBeau.I like Lee Evans, but I think a head coach needs to make adjustments not just week to week, but halftime adjustments as well.
congrats to jc
I believe we can now conclude that Ashland will win this district.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I believe we can now conclude that Ashland will win this district.

Please explain why you have concluded that Ashland will win this district? Have they already beat everyone in this district. No! I have to say I cant wait to hear your response.
I think the kitty cats will win the district.
The lions are licking their wounds after the eagle attack.
Outsider looking in. And only seeing the scores of the J C games. And having seen the tomcats up close. And hearing J C is in a little rebuilding stage. I believe the cats win the district. If they hold down on the silly mistakes. The D will take care of most teams.
Johnson Central's season ends in Ft. Thomas.
I cant speak for them, but I will go out on a limb and say that I am sure that JC loves being the under dog!:popcorn:
Congratulations, Golden Eagles!
FBALL Wrote:I think the kitty cats will win the district.
should get a better idea who will be favorite between the cats & eagles after the JC-Ironton game. Myself think eagles win the district even though they are a younger team than Ashland.
if u dont think jc could have put up more points u r crazy , eagles were playing around with the passing game .they was not going to show much with ironton ashland belfry comeing up. jc ran the same play about 30 times. so we will all have to wait and see how things work out, i think jc had a couple players that was sick and didnt even play.
doubledown Wrote:should get a better idea who will be favorite between the cats & eagles after the JC-Ironton game. Myself think eagles win the district even though they are a younger team than Ashland.

As usual, it will get down to whether you want to lose to CovCath at home or to FTH at Fort Thomas.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:As usual, it will get down to whether you want to lose to CovCath at home or to FTH at Fort Thomas.
Matney has had pretty good success at home against Covington Catholic. I would not count the Golden Eagles out too early in the season. I believe that the last time and maybe the only time that Covington Catholic won in Paintsville was on the Colonels' way to their last state title in 2006. Even in 2006, Johnson Central hung with CovCath until a key injury to star FB/LB, Blake Johnson, dashed their hopes of pulling an upset. Matney has a winning record against Covington Catholic.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Matney has had pretty good success at home against Covington Catholic. I would not count the Golden Eagles out too early in the season. I believe that the last time and maybe the only time that Covington Catholic won in Paintsville was on the Colonels' way to their last state title in 2006. Even in 2006, Johnson Central hung with CovCath until a key injury to star FB/LB, Blake Johnson, dashed their hopes of pulling an upset. Matney has a winning record against Covington Catholic.
Realistically JC plays the style teams from our area need to play to compete against the NKY schools. I wish we would do so as well instead of running a spread which they go against almost every week. However IDK I either team has the horses this year for taking on cov cath and highlands. I hope I am wrong though. Guess we shall see
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:As usual, it will get down to whether you want to lose to CovCath at home or to FTH at Fort Thomas.

As usual, to loose at home??? Where are you coming up with that? Cov Cath has only been able to beat JC once at home and that was their state championship year and if memory serves me correctly they were down at the half in that one, and had to come from behind in the 2nd half. Every other time CovCath has come to Paintsville they have been utterly humiliated.
Bob Seger Wrote:As usual, to loose at home??? Where are you coming up with that? Cov Cath has only been able to beat JC once at home and that was their state championship year and if memory serves me correctly they were down at the half in that one, and had to come from behind in the 2nd half. Every other time CovCath has come to Paintsville they have been utterly humiliated.
:Thumbs: I believe that JC is 3-1 against CovCath in the Matney era and I do not recall the two schools playing prior to 2006. Overall, Johnson Central has been the second best team in the region since 2006. Considering the mess that Matney inherited, JC has been a great success story during that period.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: I believe that JC is 3-1 against CovCath in the Matney era and I do not recall the two schools playing prior to 2006. Overall, Johnson Central has been the second best team in the region since 2006. Considering the mess that Matney inherited, JC has been a great success story during that period.

Actually Hoot, in the last 7-8 years I can only remember that "one" single loss to CovCath as the only loss to anyone out of northern Kentucky other than FTH. They have humiliated every single team they have played, other than HHS, as well as CovCath when you minus the "one" loss..I cant think of one single game where any other team (CovCath included) where any team out of northern Kentucky can make the claim that they were even formidable competition. None have even been close.

I dont know where Harry Rex is coming up with this one.