Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 15 Hazard 7
Very surprised by how close this one was.
Sounds like a heck of a game!!!

Any details?
Surprised to see this score. Listened to most of the first quarter and it seemed like Breathitt was getting ready to pull away.

Stopped Hazard on the first drive. Marched down and scored on their first possession. Stopped Hazard again and were driving deep in Hazard territory when I quit listening.

Glad for the win but after listening to the start I was expecting to get home and see a bigger margin than 15-7.
Breathitt is now on cruise control til the playoffs.. lets see if it comes back to bite them as I feel Belfry will be more battle tested.
Hazard have 4 trunover, and breathitt co have 1.
Congrats Bobcats.
Heard that Cox hurt his knee, and info?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

The officiating made up for all the turnovers hazard had
Belfry_99 Wrote:Breathitt is now on cruise control til the playoffs.. lets see if it comes back to bite them as I feel Belfry will be more battle tested.

Cruise control I highly doubt that, with a game in 2 weeks against a very tough Morgan Co team at Morgan on senior night so yeah if they think their gonna cruise they better think again.
^^^ agreed morgan county has some momentum right now
footballfanatic18 Wrote:Cruise control I highly doubt that, with a game in 2 weeks against a very tough Morgan Co team at Morgan on senior night so yeah if they think their gonna cruise they better think again.

I watched Morgan play Pendleton County.So yes;it is cruise control.
THE X FACTOR Wrote:^^^ agreed morgan county has some momentum right now

^
Breathitt has had all the challange they will have (Somerset and Hazard) until they play Belfry in Regional Finals.
Congrats to Hazard on a hard fought game !! Congrats to Breathitt, A vs AAA, who should have won????Playing teams in higher class is only helping the Bulldogs !! Proud of them Dawgs !!!
Great game didnt get to catch the end of it but an excellent game...

Breathitt Co has an excellent O-line and Trent has all day to throw and with the recievers he has hes going to hit 1 if he has that much every time. Defense was great as well. They got an excellent pass coverage when dropping and just rushing 3 to 4 guys. Trent was held in check all night not really big gains for him but solid runs to extend the drives.

Hazard offense has got to get it going. You got to many playmakers to not get it going. I know the line is inexperienced but they should be getting better.

Defense is Hazards strong point. They actually played a full game in this one finally. Defense was bending but not breaking and thats good. Another good thing about defense is that they are what win u championships. Hazard may be 1-3 but i gurantee they are one of the best 1-3 teams out. They lost to Somerset by 8, LCA by 7 and Breathitt by 8. I consider that a huge win and still another good team coming in next week in P-burg who is putting points on the board.
bac2369 Wrote:Great game didnt get to catch the end of it but an excellent game...

Breathitt Co has an excellent O-line and Trent has all day to throw and with the recievers he has hes going to hit 1 if he has that much every time. Defense was great as well. They got an excellent pass coverage when dropping and just rushing 3 to 4 guys. Trent was held in check all night not really big gains for him but solid runs to extend the drives.

Hazard offense has got to get it going. You got to many playmakers to not get it going. I know the line is inexperienced but they should be getting better.

Defense is Hazards strong point. They actually played a full game in this one finally. Defense was bending but not breaking and thats good. Another good thing about defense is that they are what win u championships. Hazard may be 1-3 but i gurantee they are one of the best 1-3 teams out. They lost to Somerset by 8, LCA by 7 and Breathitt by 8. I consider that a huge win and still another good team coming in next week in P-burg who is putting points on the board.

They looked good last night.They only thing that really hurt them last night was the O line couldn't keep us from putting pressure on the QB.They have nothing to feel ashamed of.
congrats to BC
9/21/2012
Breathitt Co. 15 Hazard 7
Breathitt Co. 7 0 8 0 15
Hazard 0 0 0 7 7
Scoring summary:
B--Richard Trent 3 run (Michael Hilderbrand kick); B--Jamie Watkins 21 pass from Trent (Brayton Fugate 3 run); H--Mason Higgins 39 pass from Evan Whitaker (Kevin Eversole kick).
Records: Breathitt Co. 6-0, Hazard 1-3.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
No,they definitely have nothing to be ashamed of.I was sweating bullets in the fourth quarter as they made three different attempts to score that frankly could have been successful every time.I'll be rooting for Hazard to go to BG!!Good luck guys!!By the way,Jimmy Olinger is a classy guy.thanks for the past 6 years.
I also got wind that a kid from Texas transferred in and is not eligible yet. Can anyone corfirm that? If so what kind role will he play and is he an offensive player or defensive or both...
I was really surprised with the bulldogs last night. Their defense is very good and the Line backers fly to the ball. If the defense played like they did on Friday previous two weeks they would of been undefeated coming in against the bobcats. I will say their offense needs some work. When u are getting pressure on the Qb like the bobcats were the bulldogs need more screens and short passes or even traps. But I think the bulldogs will be fine and be in Bowling Green once again this year. I was very in pleased with breathitt performance on offense , they seemed very flat. The defense look great and won the game. I feel Holcomb should of took more chances on fourth down and could put hazard away. Good win though for the cats .
footballfanatic18 Wrote:Cruise control I highly doubt that, with a game in 2 weeks against a very tough Morgan Co team at Morgan on senior night so yeah if they think their gonna cruise they better think again.

When Breathitt walks out onto the field it will be culture shock for Morgan Co.. They have not seen a team as good as they are. Middlesboro certainly doesn't compare.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry is the best team in Eastern Kentucky I said that all along Breathitt and Bell a little overated.
Interesting score. Congrats Breathitt!
Congratulations, BC!

Morgan Co thought this last year as well. Maybe they are are better this year, I really don't know. I do know this Breathitt team is better than the Breathitt team that humiliated Morgan Co last year.

The game is at Morgan Co but I will still be shocked if the game is close.
Belfry is the best in Eastern Ky?Guess we will find out in a few weeks huh?They didn't beat us last year,we beat ourselves!!Check the stats.The only statistic they had better than us in that game was turnovers and the final score.Check it yourself.
ballboy Wrote:Belfry is the best team in Eastern Kentucky I said that all along Breathitt and Bell a little overated.

Confusednicker:We will soon get a chance to find out.

:worthy:BREATHITT

^^^^
Belfry
Altro Cat Wrote:Morgan Co thought this last year as well. Maybe they are are better this year, I really don't know. I do know this Breathitt team is better than the Breathitt team that humiliated Morgan Co last year.

The game is at Morgan Co but I will still be shocked if the game is close.

No parking or seats.Breathitt fans you better get there early.
djttrbm Wrote:Belfry is the best in Eastern Ky?Guess we will find out in a few weeks huh?They didn't beat us last year,we beat ourselves!!Check the stats.The only statistic they had better than us in that game was turnovers and the final score.Check it yourself.

If Belfry is the best in the Mountains, that is not saying that much for the quality of football in EKY. I am not saying they are not very good, they are compared most teams in the east. They should be considered the best in 3A in the mountains until someone from the mountains(3A) beats them.
Twitter: @tc_analytics