Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 12 Harlan County 6
Defensive struggle. Crazy ending but Knox escapes with the win.
WOW!! Never expected Harlan Co would lose. Big win for KC!

Congrats Panthers!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Some controversial/questionable officiating at the end of the game nearly gave this one to HCHS.

Can someone recap what exactly happened on the late hit that still gave the ball to HCHS and the two offensive penalties that allowed the clock to stop and Harlan County to have a last ditch effort at the end?
I thought HC would win this one. Does anyone know if the refs made the right call on the personal foul at the end of the game?
What was up with the refs at the end of the game?
KC plays a great game, but almost every call seemed to go in their favor the whole game. A big pass play to get the last score for KC when it looked like he may have been out of bounds. Then two false start penalties to ensure the win in the end and one before that to set up a 4th and 17 they converted on---not to mention at least 3 personal foul 15 yarders on Harlan Co in the 2nd half. KC did outplay Harlan Co most of the game but Harlan was marching down the field when the flags started flying. I am not sure the refs knew what was going on at the end. Both these teams are very physical and will go far in the post season. I hope they aren't playing anyone too good next week, because they beat each other to death tonight. A great game but maybe a different outcome on a neutral field. I am not a big Harlan Co fan, I just watched the game online with the feed from BGR. Knox is alot better than I thought, the Gist and both Canady brothers and the QB Evans are all really talented. I think they have a great shot at beating Russell Co. and winning the district.
There's no controversy in this game. Great game between two very good teams.
Stumpjumper Wrote:There's no controversy in this game. Great game between two very good teams.

Had HC converted that last pass into a game winning TD the controversy would have been through the roof with the confusion the officiating crew was displaying in the final 2:00.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Had HC converted that last pass into a game winning TD the controversy would have been through the roof with the confusion the officiating crew was displaying in the final 2:00.

Yeah, but they didn't so, no harm, no foul. I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy what I saw otherwise. Coach Larkey is outstanding. HC is outstanding. Coach Russell and KC, well done!
The personal foul call at the end of the game against KNOX was crazy. It was for sure a personal foul. I thought HC got most of the calls. I am not for sure the refs knew what was going on.
Wow
Sounds like slobber knocker! Congrats Knox!
Harlan County fans, TV crew said at one point in the first qtr that HC had punted only one time so far this season. Is this true?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Some controversial/questionable officiating at the end of the game nearly gave this one to HCHS.

Can someone recap what exactly happened on the late hit that still gave the ball to HCHS and the two offensive penalties that allowed the clock to stop and Harlan County to have a last ditch effort at the end?

I can recap, the refs don't understand the rules. Several missed or terrible calls. It was if the refs were for Harlan county, then changed for Knox, then got pissed and wanted HC win. The team that should have won, won but what if they hadn't. 2 phantom calls stalled drives for HC. Canady was clearly out of bounds on the catch which was huge. The game should have ended twice giving HC 2 more plays and to beat it all they should of never had the ball to start with. The late hit out of bounds on first down should have been 1 and 10 Knox. If your going to call a game at least understand the rules.
watcher Wrote:The personal foul call at the end of the game against KNOX was crazy. It was for sure a personal foul. I thought HC got most of the calls. I am not for sure the refs knew what was going on.

I don't follow either team. I just got online and watched the game. If you think it was called evenly you are a KC hardcore fan. You can't possible say whether or not Canady was in/out of bounds when he caught the pass that let to the TD that won the game. They showed the tape three times, once in slow motion and you still could not tell. But the ref could. The personal foul was a result of a guy trailing the play, diving after the ball carrier, and barely knicking the ball carriers foot about four yards out of bounds. The ref didn't call a penalty until about 5 seconds later when the KC coaches started fussing. Go back and look at the tape. The refs knew exactly what was going on and who was going to benefit from their calls.

Back to the game, KC outplayed Harlan Co almost the entire game. When you are playing good competition, 15 yards backwards is hard to overcome. I guess KC may find out in another game sometime but not tonight.
Your exactly right. This beat all I have ever seen. Kelly is not a first year ref is he?
I agree with Wildone89. You hit the nail on the head !
Welcome to Eastern Kentucky football, where officiating makes no sense. There might be 2 crews in Eastern Kentucky that would be considered good crews, and the rest are bad.

I am not talking about this game in particular just officiating in general.
You got that right !
What was bad this was on TV.
watcher Wrote:I agree with Wildone89. You hit the nail on the head !

Thank you sir! I am a Harlan County fan till the day I die. However, knox central won the game and should have won the game the way both teams played tonight period. But calls against both teams tonight was ridiculous. The offsides on the offensives ( both HC and kx) were silly. I have watched the replay several times and Canady was out of bounds on the catch. The late hit gives kx the ball 1 and 10 and the game should of ended twice before it did.

Kelly is like Don White as far as a ref goes, which is NOT VERY GOOD FOR ANYONE! On a different note - gist is Knox best back and that isn't a knock on anyone. Gist is very explosive and I was impressed with the qb.
I would love to see the policy board change and start doing what is best for our local teams. It's been the same for a long time. 13 region refs are known all over. oh well.
Knox played a good game, but the Black Bears sure didn't help themselves! Had good starting field position an shot themselves in the foot! Too many 2nd and 10+ Togo!

Who thought this would be a defensively clash?????

As for the personal foul play the Knox player ran out of bounds ended the play kept running back on the field then getting tackled then a ref from accros the field calls the personal foul with a ref standing right there not calling it. When the player went out of bounds that changed possession on 4th down didn't it?
HC is a great team. Glad we won and I really felt we would. My only criticism of them frankly is for their play calling. We put 11 on the line and HC kept trying to run at them. That was nuts. I kept waiting for HC to drop a pass in the flats or worse, deep. But it never happened. Dive. Counter Dive. Blast. Dive. Made no sense to me. But it sure worked for us.

I thought we played a tremendous game overall stopping a great team and getting the ball in the endzone. Our QB used his speed and Gist showed why next year will be a continuation of this year with his help.

As for those refs - I have not a clue what they were doing. Never have seen a personal foul that was not a 1st down. And the plays at the end of the game were nuts. Not sure if they hurt us or HC. But they sure made themselves look goofy.
Patriot Wrote:Knox played a good game, but the Black Bears sure didn't help themselves! Had good starting field position an shot themselves in the foot! Too many 2nd and 10+ Togo!

Who thought this would be a defensively clash?????

As for the personal foul play the Knox player ran out of bounds ended the play kept running back on the field then getting tackled then a ref from accros the field calls the personal foul with a ref standing right there not calling it. When the player went out of bounds that changed possession on 4th down didn't it?

I agree, HC was not very sharp tonight offensively. Knox simply played better than we did tonight. Defensively, we played pretty good. Gave up one TD when they kinda caught us off guard on the one pass play. The other score they had a very, very short field because of kick,off coverage. Our defense played really well. The call however should of been 1 and 10 Knox central on the late hit period.
Somewhat suprised by this score, expected harlan co to take this one, that's why they play the game
wildone89 Wrote:I agree, HC was not very sharp tonight offensively. Knox simply played better than we did tonight. Defensively, we played pretty good. Gave up one TD when they kinda caught us off guard on the one pass play. The other score they had a very, very short field because of kick,off coverage. Our defense played really well. The call however should of been 1 and 10 Knox central on the late hit period.

So are they Filthy again???? That long kick off return coming out of the Half hurt! Was told the announcers said the 4th down catch was out of bounds but you couldn't tell on Sports OT and they didn't mention it! I guess we should be proud the biggest win in Knox history was against Harlan County!
Congratulations to Knox Central on a hard fought victory!!
The officiating was a mess, but I don't think it made a difference in the out come. I mean both teams suffered under this officiating team. I was thinking KC was getting some home cooking, then all of a sudden, their fans are screaming death threats..LOL

I thought it may come down to a defensive game, and I believe that it did. What a game!!

Again, good luck to KC and grats on the victory.

Harlan County played their guts out; I was proud of them tonight!!!
What was the song Knox Central came out too? Very Catch, Would Like to download it, but congrats Knox on a huge win.
This was one of if not the best ball game I have seen. A very hard fought game for both, Knox proved that there more to them than just Canady, Barger caught them sleeping an Evans hit him for a long TD pass then it was back to the ground an pound game. HC has a great team but just came up short tonight.

As far as the refs go who know what they where thinking??? Don't believe they ever had a clue as what was going on!!!

But can you say Wow!! Knox central 6 an 0 for the first time ever!! Think they can really do something special this year!!! Way to go knox