Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miss Kentucky is Miss USA
Miss Kentucky is Miss USA

By Sarah Brumfield

ASSOCIATED PRESS

[Image: http://www.kentucky.com/images/kentucky/...578275.jpg]
AP
Tara Elizabeth Conner, 20, is from Russell Springs.

BALTIMORE - Miss Kentucky was crowned Miss USA in the 55th annual pageant last night.

Tara Elizabeth Conner, 20, of Russell Springs was crowned by Chelsea Cooley of North Carolina, who is Miss USA 2005.

"I am an easygoing, down-to-earth girl," Conner said. "Throughout my life, hardships and different experiences have made me a very humbled, yet strong individual. It is because of these life lessons that I have become the person I am today."

Conner is a student at Somerset Community College studying business administration. She is the daughter of Brenda Johnson and John Conner.

Conner is the first Miss USA from Kentucky. She said a lot of people have misconceptions about Kentucky, and she's ready to represent the South.

The new titleholder will compete July 23 in the Miss Universe competition in Los Angeles.

She said as she and Miss California, Tamiko Nash, waited for the announcement, their arms linked around each other's waists, she told Nash to win Miss USA and then Miss Universe, because then Conner, as runner-up, would take on the title of Miss USA.

She said initially she thought she was called as the first runner-up.

"The stars were in my favor tonight," she said. "I want to see how far this year can take me."

She listed her hobbies as golf, skydiving, jet skiing, tubing on Lake Cumberland, rappelling, scrapbooking and watching University of Kentucky basketball.

Conner said the first thing she wants to do is go to Italy because her brother is stationed there with the Navy and she hasn't seen him in a year.

Nash, 26, of Los Angeles, was first runner-up. Miss Georgia, Lisa Wilson, 26, of Rome, was second runner-up; Miss Ohio, Stacy Offenberger, 26, of Marietta, was third runner-up. Miss Florida, Cristin Duren, 24, of Panama City Beach, was fourth runner-up.

The 51 contestants were trimmed to 15, then 10 semifinalists and finally five finalists in last night's pageant.

The five finalists were asked questions.

The pageant is co-owned by Donald Trump and NBC, which aired the competition.people | Miss kentucky is miss USA
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I thought a woman Kentucky won it a few years ago?
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
She is SMOKING hot
Congrats Miss Kentucky
Congrats to Miss Kentucky
Blackcat75 Wrote:I thought a woman Kentucky won it a few years ago?

No, Kentucky has never won a Miss USA pageant

Heather Renee French was Miss America in 2000. Heather is from Maysville,Ky. She is currently married to Lt.Governor Steve Henry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
corndog23 Wrote:She is SMOKING hot

Heck ya !!!

:1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to Miss Kentucky
Congratulations Miss Kentucky! WHEWW!
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
corndog23 Wrote:She is SMOKING hot

Thats what I was thinking !!! LOL !!! Congrats !
BelfryPride Wrote:No, Kentucky has never won a Miss USA pageant

Heather Renee French was Miss America in 2000. Heather is from Maysville,Ky. She is currently married to Lt.Governor Steve Henry

Thats what I was thinking of.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com