Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Invitational Tournament
Anyone know all of the teams in this years AIT?
I asked my one and only Sheldon Clark friend what holiday tournament they are playing in and he said this one. So, Sheldon Clark is one. I'll text him to see if he knows of the other teams.
OK, here's what he sent me:
Sheldon Clark
Newport Central Catholic
South Laurel
Russell
Henderson County
Boyd County
West Jessamine
Ashland
Always a well run and highly competitive tourney.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:OK, here's what he sent me:
Sheldon Clark
Newport Central Catholic
South Laurel
Russell
Henderson County
Boyd County
West Jessamine
Ashland

Will any of these teams win thier region?
NCC can play.
Gold Charger Wrote:Will any of these teams win thier region?

Not likely.
All teams be ware that I am sure the Ashland Puddy Tats will have some of their favorite refs for these games. :argue:
Blond Bob?
I went to this tournament a few years ago to see Highlands, I believe it was Boyd County we played. It was a nice tournament. I don't know who will win out of that bunch, but I see NCC wetting their leg and choking at some point in the tournament.
Good coach bringing good team back to his old stomping grounds. from south Laurel
Truth Wrote:Not likely.

Really? Tell us what you know about NCC, Henderson Co., and West Jessamine.

NCC is a co-favorite in their region. Russell, Boyd, and Fleming will be the favorites in the 16th. Henderson will absolutely be in the hunt in their region.

Outside of that you are dead on.
Looks like the Boyd County tourn. on Dec 14-17 has better teams in it if anyone is interested.
AIT is always a good tourn. to go watch but this yr looks a little down. There is a few good teams in it, just lioke the teams in Boyd County better.
The Boyd County event is more of a showcase - just SEVERAL games featuring some big teams....also includes several girls games. Boyd will play Shelby Valley and I believe Mason. The "highlight" of the weekend will be Huntington Prep playing Walnut Hills (Cincinnati) and Country Day (Florida). The last I heard ESPN will be broadcasting one of those games, and we are expecting several college coaches to be in attendance.
I really want to see Huntington Prep play. What are the times?

I would also like to see Shelby Valley and Johnson Central.
Johnson Central will also be there....here's what the weekend looks like last I heard

Friday Dec. 14
6pm Boyd County vs Huntington St. Joe (GIRLS)
7:30 Boyd County Boys vs Shelby Valley
9 pm Huntington Prep vs Walnut Hills (Cincinnati )

Sat. December 15

12 noon East Carter vs Shelby Valley
1:45 Ashland vs Campbell County (GIRLS)
3 pm Boyd County vs Wheelersburg (GIRLS)
5:15 Scott Co vs Johnson Central
7 pm Huntington Prep vs Arlington Country Day (Jacksonville,FL)
8:45 Boyd County vs Mason County
ttt