Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County
Heard that Jim Creech resigned as Baseball Coach. Can anyone confirm?
Heard it was true
If this is true, will Dylan play at Wolfe County in the spring? According to the Riherd's Scoreboard Wolfe County did not have a senior on the 2012 roster...they went (20-11) against a weak schedule. But lost by scores of 5-4, 3-2, and 4-3 to district rival Breathitt County, and only lost 5-3 to 56th dist. champion and regional runner-up Estill County in the first round of the regional tournament.
I know they had at least 1 or 2 seniors. Their ace pitcher was a senior for sure. Not sure if Dylan will stay or not. Seems like every year you hear rumors of him leaving. Wonder if there is any news about who might take the job.
Well, call it crazy or not Powell has filled their outfield and pitching with Austin Mullins and their 1st base problem with Tanner Combs. So would it make sense to fill the catchers position too ala Dylan, not to mention the extra hitting they would provide. This is just a senario but it could happen. How far is Campton to Stanton?
1st pitch strike Wrote:Well, call it crazy or not Powell has filled their outfield and pitching with Austin Mullins and their 1st base problem with Tanner Combs. So would it make sense to fill the catchers position too ala Dylan, not to mention the extra hitting they would provide. This is just a senario but it could happen. How far is Campton to Stanton?

They filled their outfield AND pitching with one player? Damn! Is he PoCo's version of Bugs Bunny? Can he play CF, SS and pitch at the same time?
Senario over, Coach Combs may have taken Wolfe Co. job. If so, good luck coach!
Gene did in fact take the Wolfe County Job.
Good hire by Wolfe!
Really sorry to see Coach Creech go. He really turned the program around in a very short time. Glad we got Coach Combs and hope he can continue to build on what Coach Creech started. I hope Dylan stays, but I guess that will depend on whether or not Coach Creech has plans to coach somewhere else.
Is Tanner at Powell Co. now? Or was he just planning on coming in the spring? Gene has another boy that is bigger than Tanner will he be going with Gene?
Would Combs retain dad as an asst. to keep the son? My guess would be they figure out a way to go back to Breathitt.
mandan Wrote:Would Combs retain dad as an asst. to keep the son? My guess would be they figure out a way to go back to Breathitt.
Since Coach Creech resigned, I doubt him wanting to stay there. Otherwise he would not have given up the job. My best guess would be that he will wind up somewhere else. He did a great job here so shouldn't be to hard to find. I personally hope he waits at least a year so we can keep Dylan here, but if a move to Breathitt comes like you say, that would sure make them a player in the 14th with Cox and Hamilton already there. I can see how you would make that guess. I just hope it doesn't happen.
Who cares there only competition is Morgan they play easy teams and Morgan always kicks there ass.
So what's the lastest on the Wolves? How they looking so far, with the new coach?
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Is Tanner at Powell Co. now? Or was he just planning on coming in the spring? Gene has another boy that is bigger than Tanner will he be going with Gene?

Last I heard, Tanner was playing basketball at Montgomery County and that he would be staying there.
Both the combs are staying at montgomery
How's the preseason shaping up for Coach Combs.