Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky to play on an aircraft carrier in 2013
According to Ziggy Zagoria, Kentucky is expected to join Texas, NC State and Missouri in the 2013 Carrier Classic on a boat like Leo. Florida State, Gonzaga, Wake Forest and Davidson are also expected to participate.

The 8-team event will be played on multiple military-themed locations, potentially including the USS Yorktown, the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi, Texas and the USS Midway in San Diego, California. KSR has heard the USS
Lexington in Corpus Christi is the most likely option for the Cats.

Get your towels ready.

It’s about to go down.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=118579
Playing a sub-par team on a boat sounds fun.
Great use of multi billion dollar military equipment. ADM Chester Nimitz is rolling over in his grave.
We were not the first to do it, so sloppy seconds does not excite me at all.....
^
Agreed, we should have tried to schedule a game on mars, or something similar to mars like the white house.
^ Set a court up in the back of the White House and play ONLY for the President....
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Great use of multi billion dollar military equipment. ADM Chester Nimitz is rolling over in his grave.

Actually it IS a VERY GOOD use of the equipment. Obviously it's
not going to happen if the ship is on station, or if we're at war.
But our servicemen DESERVE to have special entertainment
opportunities. And even an idiot Mntn'eer should understand
that most military personnel are SPORTS FANS. I'm sure
they will enjoy seeing a high profile hoops game VERY MUCH.
Pretty sure I've seen singers and other entertainers perform
on warships in the past, this is the SAME THING.
make it interesting play the game on a submarine
They better start practicing outside. Talk about Kantucky windage!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Stardust Wrote:^ Set a court up in the back of the White House and play ONLY for the President....
LOL...Wouldn't that beef up Obama's already over inflated ego.
^
I think he was referring to the fact that the game would come after the election Confusednicker:
We'd just have to wait for him to vacate on Jan 1st...
It would be nice to see Gonzaga and UK play in this.

I've wanted to see my two favorite teams play in a game but it never happens.
They were even placed in the same bracket in the tourney once and both of them got upset before they could play.
You know Gonzaga and UK are not nowhere near the same level?
I know you like Gonzaga and all, but in all honest they would probably lose by 20.
Ballers Wrote:You know Gonzaga and UK are not nowhere near the same level?
I know you like Gonzaga and all, but in all honest they would probably lose by 20.

20? Gonzaga would lose to Kentucky by at least 35. :lmao: