Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Coach in the 15th?
I say David Ozburn of SV by far. What do u all think?
I will be watching this thread very closely...

As for the answer it is Chris Lawon as bad as I hate to admit it...The Hall boys @ Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central are great coaches as well, and Kevin Justice does a great job at whatever school he has been at with Millard and East Ridge...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i disagree and say that Dave ozzy Ozburn knows his stuff more than nebody and that he will win about 20 region titles before he retires. plus with that elite coachin staff he threw together they may even win state a few times
The Hall Brothers both have successful programs
Yes I will have to say Mike and Shawn Hall. And the coch at Shelby Valley? He will have to prove that, because I haven't seen it yet.
I think Allen Central has a good young coach. They have a solid program and show much class when playing. I also think Tucker Howard has become one of the elite and respected in his first year at Paintsville. Randy Keaton may actually be the best in the 15th now, but that is arguable because Coach Lawson is very good also. Coach Hall at JC and SC are among the top as well. Kevin Justice is a fine coach as well. And with 2 years experience Coach Hagy at Belfry has done a good job as well.
It has to be the Hall brothers as bad as I hate to say it. They have great programs year in and year out.
I will say the Hall brothers, they always seem to compete well every year, but for the AC coach he is still learning and with time he should be a great coach. ( If the school lets him come back ) Its hard to build a program when they keep letting their coaches go.
I will agree with most and say the Hall brothers. Mike needs to step his game up against brother Shawn though.
the hall broyhers are both pretty good only one is :devilflam if you know what i mean.

hope both are in the dist. this year.
Bad as I hate to say it Mike Hall is good. Coach Hagy will get there he's still young, even though he was an all-star at the game in high school.
Mike and Shawn Hall are both excellent coaches at SCHS and JCHS, respectively. Chris Lawson at Pikeville has turned that program into a Regional contender every year. Randy Keaton and Lawrence County are always in the top 3-4 in whatever region they're in. And Kenneth Johnson had finally gotten the Rebels of Allen Central playing the type of ball we all knw theywere capable of playing. Tucker Howard, in his first year at Paintsville, has done an excllent job as coach. He will have that team ready to play every day, especially when it comes late May.

1.) Lawson - Pikeville
2.) Mike Hall - Sheldon Clark
3.) Tucker Howard - Paintsville
4.) Randy Keaton - Lawrence County
5.) Ken Johnson - Allen Central
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Mike and Shawn Hall are both excellent coaches at SCHS and JCHS, respectively. Chris Lawson at Pikeville has turned that program into a Regional contender every year. Randy Keaton and Lawrence County are always in the top 3-4 in whatever region they're in. And Kenneth Johnson had finally gotten the Rebels of Allen Central playing the type of ball we all knw theywere capable of playing. Tucker Howard, in his first year at Paintsville, has done an excllent job as coach. He will have that team ready to play every day, especially when it comes late May.

1.) Lawson - Pikeville
2.) Mike Hall - Sheldon Clark
3.) Tucker Howard - Paintsville
4.) Randy Keaton - Lawrence County
5.) Ken Johnson - Allen Central
What has Mike Hall ever won? Absolutely nothing, and he dont have a snowball's chance in July of winning anything this year either. What has Ken Johnson ever won? The 58th district is the weakest district in the state of Kentucky. Whooptido.Smile

I think that Shawn Hall has a final four showing on his resume. How many of the coaches you just named in your silly little list can boast that? I'll tell you how many , NONE. I think that makes him the only coach in the history of the 15th region in the last 50 years other than Charlie Adkins to take a team that far. You are making yourself look ridiculous by including Ken Johnson over him. Randy Keeton is the only other coach to even advance to the state final 8 except S. Hall and you have him listed below Lawson, Howard , and Mike Hall. It is just plain stupid to name a coach that has only coached a team for what, 10 games as the #3 coach in the region as you have Howard. Maybe he will in time, but come on, after only 10 games? You Allen Central people constantly amuse me by thinking that you are actually baseball people. Some of you guys are absolutely hilarious. Just what kind of ball has Ken Johnson finally got you all finally playing now anyways? It's quite a feat to get a W over the Prestonsburgs, the Betsy Laynes and the South Floyds of the world. That's some real state powerhouses there.Rolleyes Some of you just live in your own little world.
bigcountry Wrote:What has Mike Hall ever won? Absolutely nothing, and he dont have a snowball's chance in July of winning anything this year either. What has Ken Johnson ever won? The 58th district is the weakest district in the state of Kentucky. Whooptido.Smile

I think that Shawn Hall has a final four showing on his resume. How many of the coaches you just named in your silly little list can boast that? I'll tell you how many , NONE. I think that makes him the only coach in the history of the 15th region in the last 50 years other than Charlie Adkins to take a team that far. You are making yourself look ridiculous by including Ken Johnson over him. Randy Keeton is the only other coach to even advance to the state final 8 except S. Hall and you have him listed below Lawson, Howard , and Mike Hall. It is just plain stupid to name a coach that has only coached a team for what, 10 games as the #3 coach in the region as you have Howard. Maybe he will in time, but come on, after only 10 games? You Allen Central people constantly amuse me by thinking that you are actually baseball people. Some of you guys are absolutely hilarious. Just what kind of ball has Ken Johnson finally got you all finally playing now anyways? It's quite a feat to get a W over the Prestonsburgs, the Betsy Laynes and the South Floyds of the world. That's some real state powerhouses there.Rolleyes Some of you just live in your own little world.

Quite Frankly, as much as you're right on some things, you probably should have kept your mouth shut on others. I agree that Coach Johnson probably shouldn't be listed above Shawn Hall. I think Coach Hall of JC is maybe the best in the region with Lawson and Keaton. Coach Mike Hall is always competitive as well and is very qualifying for tops in the region among coaching.
As for Coach Tucker Howard and Coach Ken Johnson, they have competitive teams and are doing things with 2 teams that many didn't expect would do much. Paintsville is probably the top team in the region right now after wins over JC and Pikeville. How bout that after 10 games for Coach Howard. Also, not only has AC beaten the South Floyd's, Betsy Layne's, and P-burgs, but they have beaten all three by 10 or more runs. This is district play and even though the 58th is by far the weakest in the region, district play is always played at a higher level -- especially in a district where it is seeded. Also, BL and Pburg have played some other teams in the region closer than they have AC. Also, AC has 7-8 players in the lineup batting .300 or more. They don't make many errors and they have competed against everyone without probably their best pitcher in Scott Little. I think Coach Johnson has made a name for himself. May not be tops in the region just yet, but he has definitely earned some respect from the other teams when AC comes to town. Just what kind of ball are they playing -- after 11 games AC has 13 HR's, over 40 Stolen Bases, and pitchers have over 100 K's according to another thread. That's good baseball to anyone. So before you go running off your mouth watch what you're talking about. These guys are for real, and so is Paintsville.
This thread has absolutely cracked me up so far! Both BigCountry and Pacman make some very excellant points... such as:
What has Mike Hall won? A very funny point, but not very nice. As bad as I hate to point this out, he has taken a laughing stock program in this region and made it not only competitive, but capable of beating anyone in this region on any given day.
Ken Johnson has not really won anything, has struggled early, but given time, could be(and I stress "could be") ready for a regional title run in the next couple of weeks... if he doesn't do it this year, he's gonna have a tuff time in the coming years. Johnson, IMHO should not be mentioned in this thread yet.
Shawn Hall had the distinction of being handed a team loaded with talent & took them to the final four, placing huge expectations on his soph. campaign, which ended in a first round district loss. He is still one heck of a good young coach with lots of promise for this year.
Coach Lawson of Pikeville, is the best coach in this region right now. He has consistantly been successful and is threatening even when their talent level isn't the best. Even when they aren't the tops in the region, you can not tell it by their swagger. This is a reflection of the coach having his team carrying themselves like true baseball players.
As for BLHS, SFHS, and P-burg, since they were mentioned, why would they even be mentioned? What does a win over these teams mean anyway.... a loss to them isn't the end of the world, but a win is only expected.
Now for Coach Howard and Paintsville. I can't see him being named #1 coach or even #2 in the region right now, but he's a solid top 5! This is his first year, but do not be deceived. He has a very young bunch of Tigers playing with a lot of confidence, willing to overcome their mistakes instead of allowing them to bring them down. There's something to be said for being thought of as the "underdog" among one's peers, but with tons of young talent, the Paintsville boys, parents, and coaches EXPECT to contend everytime they step inside the lines. This group of young men are willing to battle til the last out... again, a reflection of their coach.
Then there's Randy Keaton.... he may be one of the top coaches in many folks opinion, but what kind of coach cancels a homegame with another team for the sole reason that the other team has a kid playing for them that HE doesn't want on HIS field? Come on.... he can't even be listed as a top coach, because top coaches do not do things like that!
IISnakE Wrote:This thread has absolutely cracked me up so far! Both BigCountry and Pacman make some very excellant points... such as:
What has Mike Hall won? A very funny point, but not very nice. As bad as I hate to point this out, he has taken a laughing stock program in this region and made it not only competitive, but capable of beating anyone in this region on any given day.
Ken Johnson has not really won anything, has struggled early, but given time, could be(and I stress "could be") ready for a regional title run in the next couple of weeks... if he doesn't do it this year, he's gonna have a tuff time in the coming years. Johnson, IMHO should not be mentioned in this thread yet.
Shawn Hall had the distinction of being handed a team loaded with talent & took them to the final four, placing huge expectations on his soph. campaign, which ended in a first round district loss. He is still one heck of a good young coach with lots of promise for this year.
Coach Lawson of Pikeville, is the best coach in this region right now. He has consistantly been successful and is threatening even when their talent level isn't the best. Even when they aren't the tops in the region, you can not tell it by their swagger. This is a reflection of the coach having his team carrying themselves like true baseball players.
As for BLHS, SFHS, and P-burg, since they were mentioned, why would they even be mentioned? What does a win over these teams mean anyway.... a loss to them isn't the end of the world, but a win is only expected.
Now for Coach Howard and Paintsville. I can't see him being named #1 coach or even #2 in the region right now, but he's a solid top 5! This is his first year, but do not be deceived. He has a very young bunch of Tigers playing with a lot of confidence, willing to overcome their mistakes instead of allowing them to bring them down. There's something to be said for being thought of as the "underdog" among one's peers, but with tons of young talent, the Paintsville boys, parents, and coaches EXPECT to contend everytime they step inside the lines. This group of young men are willing to battle til the last out... again, a reflection of their coach.
Then there's Randy Keaton.... he may be one of the top coaches in many folks opinion, but what kind of coach cancels a homegame with another team for the sole reason that the other team has a kid playing for them that HE doesn't want on HIS field? Come on.... he can't even be listed as a top coach, because top coaches do not do things like that!
Sorry there missy, but Randy Keeton is by far and away the best coach in this region as of right now, whether or not you like his tactics or dislike them.

For one thing regarding Howard, everybody is referring to Paintsville not being expected to have much this year, but anyone that actually knows the first thing about baseball knows that Paintsville is loaded this year, even with what they graduated last year. Their pitching may have been in question, but that was the only thing in question. And you want to talk about someone else being handed a loaded team. The jury is still out regarding Howard. This will not be a year in which the question asked will be determined, but I do think he will do an excellant job this year and in the future,and he will in my opinion be one of the region's elite, but it is asinine to make the statement after only 10 games on the job.It was not meant to be a critical statement in any way on my part. But nice job on your part trying to suck up to the brass there missy. I'm sure brownie points are a comin. You work hard for them.

As for your statement regarding a laughing stock program being made respectable, then you fail to mention what defines the term laughing stock. I rest my case and will go no further with any more comments regarding that.
Pacman Wrote:Quite Frankly, as much as you're right on some things, you probably should have kept your mouth shut on others. I agree that Coach Johnson probably shouldn't be listed above Shawn Hall. I think Coach Hall of JC is maybe the best in the region with Lawson and Keaton. Coach Mike Hall is always competitive as well and is very qualifying for tops in the region among coaching.
As for Coach Tucker Howard and Coach Ken Johnson, they have competitive teams and are doing things with 2 teams that many didn't expect would do much. Paintsville is probably the top team in the region right now after wins over JC and Pikeville. How bout that after 10 games for Coach Howard. Also, not only has AC beaten the South Floyd's, Betsy Layne's, and P-burgs, but they have beaten all three by 10 or more runs. This is district play and even though the 58th is by far the weakest in the region, district play is always played at a higher level -- especially in a district where it is seeded. Also, BL and Pburg have played some other teams in the region closer than they have AC. Also, AC has 7-8 players in the lineup batting .300 or more. They don't make many errors and they have competed against everyone without probably their best pitcher in Scott Little. I think Coach Johnson has made a name for himself. May not be tops in the region just yet, but he has definitely earned some respect from the other teams when AC comes to town. Just what kind of ball are they playing -- after 11 games AC has 13 HR's, over 40 Stolen Bases, and pitchers have over 100 K's according to another thread. That's good baseball to anyone. So before you go running off your mouth watch what you're talking about. These guys are for real, and so is Paintsville.
Paintsville is for real, who said they were not. I'm just not sure AC is. I just said that it is to early to label anyone after 10 games. The stats you produced in my opinion are absolutely worthless. Homeruns produced in the Floyd County crackerboxes against little league caliber pitching and the strikeouts produced against little league caliber hitters are far from impressive in my book .
Missy? You're giving yourself away. Brownie points? You're not nearly as smart as you think you are.
As for Howard being handed things... actually the position was vacant due to retirement and he applied for it. He was interviewed and the selection was made. If you want to call that "handed" then I guess as far as you're concerned, it was handed to him. As for Shawn Hall, I wasn't being ugly, I like him, I like the way he coaches, but if you're going to say Coach Howard was handed a team by your definition, then Coach Hall was most certainly handed his team and the previous coach was not even allowed to retire gracefully, but whatever.
Keaton is not being very nice and is not setting a very good example for his team. I guess clouding the issues and trying to get folks all mad may be a tactic though. I hope our young men aren't buying into it. You know enough about baseball and how to do things, that you wouldn't act that way!(we both know that) As for Brownie points... I DO NOT HAVE TO DEPEND UPON THOSE... count on it.(we both know that too) So as for sucking goes... you're the only one making those noises on here. Who mentioned sucking anyway... You. Please, I like you... don't make yourself look like this, Your posts are actually some of the few I give any credence. I was trying to say that Mike Hall took a bad program and gave it respectability... made it a winner, but if you don't think so, that's fine. Poor Floyd County... if you had a son playing baseball there, with talent, wouldn't you just want to move?

OMT... I wasn't trying to say you were underestimating Paintsville. I know you know what we have... it's everyone else out there who doesn't.
Mike Hall is the best coach.