Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EKY Title
I think Mountain schools are going to win 5 state titles this year!!!!
Hazard just won a state championship last year....And as for a sense of accomplishment I'm pretty sure Bell, Breathitt, Belfry, Johnson Central, Hazard all have that. A lot of the teams I have mentioned above have numerous championships and state runner up trophies.
WideRight05 Wrote:We all know that the EKY teams are not going to win any state titles this year, and probably won't win anytime soon. Instead of being in a football class, should they be in their own division? That way at least the EKY schools can get a sense of accomplishment and be able to win something.

Did you really just post this?

Hazard won the Title and Belfry was a runner-up last season. They were also there the season before.
You need to do a little research before saying something this off the wall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Wonderful idea, Jenkins at 3-1 has to be the favorite.
This has to be one of the more uninformed posts I've seen in a while. Eastern Kentucky programs are just as rich in history and tradition than any other section of the state. Do your homework before you make statements like this.
Why do you guys continue to get suckered in?

[Image: http://i54.tinypic.com/svnebq.gif]
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:Hazard just won a state championship last year....And as for a sense of accomplishment I'm pretty sure Bell, Breathitt, Belfry, Johnson Central, Hazard all have that. A lot of the teams I have mentioned above have numerous championships and state runner up trophies.

Johnson Central doesn't have any state championships or runner ups. I believe they have only been to the semi finals once in 2006.
Maybe ALL Eastern KY teams could just be put in 1A since all of our towns are so small.
weak thread i am offended
the only ones that have a chance to win a title is Hazard or Belfry the rest are playing for the runners up spot.
Your sik! Hazard lost to somerset! They will not go past the regional!
Class 1A, 2A, and 3A have shots at a title this year.
WideRight05 Wrote:I think Mountain schools are going to win 5 state titles this year!!!!

Now that would be SOME feat. There are no 6A east Ky teams, so
that means they have to sweep the other 6 classes. There's no danger
that a 5A EKy team will win, and not much chance an EKy 4A team will
win. Somerset is ranked at the top of 2A in Cantrall right now,
bu they're carrying the banner alone for EKy 2A schools. Right
now only 1A and 3A look like decent possibilities for titles, and
unless Bell can pick off Central, Hazard and Belfry/Breathitt
will be underdogs in a title game if they get there.

So all in all that's pretty unrealistic.
Observing Wrote:Now that would be SOME feat. There are no 6A east Ky teams, so
that means they have to sweep the other 6 classes. There's no danger
that a 5A EKy team will win, and not much chance an EKy 4A team will
win. Somerset is ranked at the top of 2A in Cantrall right now,
bu they're carrying the banner alone for EKy 2A schools. Right
now only 1A and 3A look like decent possibilities for titles, and
unless Bell can pick off Central, Hazard and Belfry/Breathitt
will be underdogs in a title game if they get there.

So all in all that's pretty unrealistic.

You should look at the first few people who quoted what I REALLY said on this. RIUTG changed what I had said.

"We all know that the EKY teams are not going to win any state titles this year, and probably won't win anytime soon. Instead of being in a football class, should they be in their own division? That way at least the EKY schools can get a sense of accomplishment and be able to win something."
^
Confusednicker:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Johnson Central doesn't have any state championships or runner ups. I believe they have only been to the semi finals once in 2006.

I never said they did....I said something like "A lot of the teams I have mentioned above have numerous state championships and runner up trophies." Meaning not all of them, but most of them. I can see where you might have mistaken me.