Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 27 - Harlan 20
Backwoods Wrote:Listen,I support the kids at HC,but,if you think you are going to come to the Harlan thread and bash HHS and wave a new stadium in our face,then you'll get the truth from me about it. Like I said,I support the children at HC and I hope the best for them.
i thought a wealthy coal operator/businessman donated the funds for the stadium?
There was a huge donation last year to help fund the stadium. I think the state provided most of the funding for the school and the athletic facilities.
Harlan County's needs were ignored so long that we had some of the worst facilities in the state. And yet when we finally have perhaps the nicest school in the state there are still some critics.
Backwoods Wrote:I'll never step foot in that new stadium that was built at the expense of the special education students at HC. That's right,HC can't hire extra therapist so the special education students can get the care they need,even though they get up to $9'000 per child per year,but they can build a multi million dollar stadium. They can't let thier student's take books home for home work but they build a multi million dollar stadium. I know first hand what's going on at HC cause my kid went there and when I took his IEP to the best Autism doctor in the state he wadded it up and threw it in the floor and said it was a joke. HC's excuse was that they couldn't afford to hire more therapists. Thats why he graduated from HHS. Education is tops at Harlan High and football is tops at HC. But not only is football tops at HC,it's done at the expense of education. They could care less if your special needs child can live on his own after high school or not. And as for HDE,why don't you write a story in your newspaper about that? Thats a story you'll never see. New stadiums are great,but not when you can't afford them. You take care of your entire family before you buy a multi million dollar stadium. I hope you enjoy it Bloody Harlan. I'm sure you'll sleep good tonight.

If you want to talk education, we can do so in another forum. What I'm saying is that all the talk and expectations that YOU and other parents in the program put on the kids was unrealistic. There are maybe 4 kids on that team that would play at a good school, and yet you are on here pushing a state championship after a 6 and 5 record where you beat ONE team with a winning record the year before.
Backwoods Wrote:I'll never step foot in that new stadium that was built at the expense of the special education students at HC. That's right,HC can't hire extra therapist so the special education students can get the care they need,even though they get up to $9'000 per child per year,but they can build a multi million dollar stadium. They can't let thier student's take books home for home work but they build a multi million dollar stadium. I know first hand what's going on at HC cause my kid went there and when I took his IEP to the best Autism doctor in the state he wadded it up and threw it in the floor and said it was a joke. HC's excuse was that they couldn't afford to hire more therapists. Thats why he graduated from HHS. Education is tops at Harlan High and football is tops at HC. But not only is football tops at HC,it's done at the expense of education. They could care less if your special needs child can live on his own after high school or not. And as for HDE,why don't you write a story in your newspaper about that? Thats a story you'll never see. New stadiums are great,but not when you can't afford them. You take care of your entire family before you buy a multi million dollar stadium. I hope you enjoy it Bloody Harlan. I'm sure you'll sleep good tonight.

It has been 5 years without a place to play. Get off that nonsense. All sports programs have a place to play at HC except football.
Go jackets111111111111
Bloody Harlan Wrote:If you want to talk education, we can do so in another forum. What I'm saying is that all the talk and expectations that YOU and other parents in the program put on the kids was unrealistic. There are maybe 4 kids on that team that would play at a good school, and yet you are on here pushing a state championship after a 6 and 5 record where you beat ONE team with a winning record the year before.

See if you can find a post where I said anything about a state title. If you can I apologize,but I don't remember saying it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HAT51 Wrote:It has been 5 years without a place to play. Get off that nonsense. All sports programs have a place to play at HC except football.

Right . But why come to the Harlan thread and bash us and then throw the new stadium in our face. We don't come to the HC threads and bash them. As a matter of fact,most HHS fans support HC. But it's not that way with HC fans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HDE Wrote:There was a huge donation last year to help fund the stadium. I think the state provided most of the funding for the school and the athletic facilities.
Harlan County's needs were ignored so long that we had some of the worst facilities in the state. And yet when we finally have perhaps the nicest school in the state there are still some critics.

What about the needs of the special education kids. When are thier needs going to be met. Last?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
big blu 2 u Wrote:i thought a wealthy coal operator/businessman donated the funds for the stadium?

That million dollar donation only covered about 1/3 of the bill on that new stadium.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bloody Harlan Wrote:If you want to talk education, we can do so in another forum. What I'm saying is that all the talk and expectations that YOU and other parents in the program put on the kids was unrealistic. There are maybe 4 kids on that team that would play at a good school, and yet you are on here pushing a state championship after a 6 and 5 record where you beat ONE team with a winning record the year before.

Maybe a bigger school. But, theres several on this team that could start for most 1A schools. Harlan High plays 1A and higher every game this season. Up to 3A. We don't play lower in class. How's that compare to HC's schedule?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:Well we sure don't see HC winning that state title they been talking about for the last 4 or 5 years. Seems like if HC was as good as they say they are after running from Highlands they would have gotten a title by now. It was Southwestern Pulaski (who?) last year. Whose it going to be this year? Whitley Co. maybe. Seems to me you'd worry more about your own team than running Harlan High down,who's got just as good a chance of winning a state title as HC. Which is none.

How did HC run from Highlands?????????
I picked MHS to pull this one off!

MHS will get better every week. Still lots of time until the Jackets meet Danville or Somerset, but if i were either the Ads or Jumpers, I would be a bit wary about their October trip to the mountains.

Just sayin'.
Gitback Coach Wrote:I picked MHS to pull this one off!

MHS will get better every week. Still lots of time until the Jackets meet Danville or Somerset, but if i were either the Ads or Jumpers, I would be a bit wary about their October trip to the mountains.

Just sayin'.
i dont know about danville,but fumble 6 times against somerset and youll wish you forfeited.
Man I don't even know where to start here...a couple of you guys need to get a room...lol. HDE you have picked a couple of 6-5 HHS teams that went 8-3...
Bear_Paw Wrote:Man I don't even know where to start here...a couple of you guys need to get a room...lol. HDE you have picked a couple of 6-5 HHS teams that went 8-3...

That's true.
I picked this one 7-3. Those teams were better up front though and it showed Friday.
Backwoods Wrote:That million dollar donation only covered about 1/3 of the bill on that new stadium.

I don't want to fight with you backwoods, thus I have held my tongue! However, football isn't king of Harlan County High School. If that were true the football field would have been built first and not last! Next, the building of the school and facilities were not built at the expense of any students. Check up on school law and the funding of kentucky's schools. Different monies are grouped into different sections. For example, building funds- book funds- and the list goes on. Also, bonding plays a key role besides the general funds or day to day operations of a school. The state of Kentucky, department of education along with the Kentucky auditor were all involved in this process. They have never been anything completed in Harlan that was watched so closely. The job the board of Ed and the administration did on this project was perfect and straight right down to the last detail. Lastly, if a child's needs were not meet by the school that is simply a shame but it has and had nothing to do with the building of the school or the football complex. I wish that child the best in life after high school. The new school was built for All students of Harlan county. I know we all get mad and say things on this site out of frustration but the truth is the truth. Good day and go HC!