Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 21 Whitley County 14
runitupthegut Wrote:^
tried to tell you it wouldnt be a blowout.

yea, my wife gives me that old, told you so, all the time.lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Not sure how long youve been a member pureathlete, but this isnt exactly out of the ordinary for any team.
Its a public open forum, and he stated his opinion. For the most part, he was right. Bell played way to one dimensional, however, with a frosh qb playing a stout defense, its to be expected to be conservative.
Its just talk.

I understand that other teams fans do this but as a parent of a child who plays for bell co I would like to see our fans be better than that.
And you have to understand that setting a young qb up for failure after two weeks of varsity practice is not a good idea.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Tried to tell you it wouldnt be a blowout.

I guess I gotta eat crow too. I would have never guessed Whitley could have played so close to Bell, let alone have a good chance to put them in the loss column. How did the freshman Mills kid do, I haven't seen any stats on him. I believe he is more valuable on defense than offense, and that is saying alot because he is great on offense. I would love to see Whitley win their district, and they very well could if they keep getting better every week.
pureathlete Wrote:And you have to understand that setting a young qb up for failure after two weeks of varsity practice is not a good idea.

Didn't Peyton play 3 quarters against Bryan Station on the road in a OT win and Middlesboro? IMO Peyton is ready and he showed it in those two games. Peyton is matured for a freshman QB. Turn him loose is all im saying. :1:
P Collett to Green and Cox could be a deadly weapon.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Didn't Peyton play 3 quarters against Bryan Station on the road in a OT win and Middlesboro? IMO Peyton is ready and he showed it in those two games. Peyton is matured for a freshman QB. Turn him loose is all im saying. :1:

He still has a ways to go not ready just yet.
HonestJohn Wrote:I guess I gotta eat crow too. I would have never guessed Whitley could have played so close to Bell, let alone have a good chance to put them in the loss column. How did the freshman Mills kid do, I haven't seen any stats on him. I believe he is more valuable on defense than offense, and that is saying alot because he is great on offense. I would love to see Whitley win their district, and they very well could if they keep getting better every week.

Mills had a decent game.
Did a wonderful job returning the ball all night.
Great Job to both teams. Whitley is getting better, but Bell is still dominaite. Next year should be a tougie but I predict Bell County - 27. Whitley - 16.
There's something really irking me about this thread, and that is people acting like Whitley playing Bell close was some kind of huge shocker. Whitley has a GOOD, tough, physical team with the potential to win this game every single year, except maybe last year and 08. Not a shocker that this game was a close one. I actually predicted 21-14 in the predictions thread. With that being said, I left this game thinking it was a sloppy, sloppy effort from both teams, but the more I think about it, both defenses are really just THAT good to make the offenses look sloppy. The play calling...left room for something to be desired on both ends. I don't wanna hear about coach bashing, player bashing, blah blah, the truth is the truth. The 4th and 1 in their on territory by Whitley was a bone head call, and the constant runs up the middle with continued lack of success left A LOT of people in the stands asking "what in the world was that? what are they doing?", so it wasn't just Daniel and BCB09, I can assure you that. Both teams will make the playoffs, and have success the rest of the year, only 4 games in.
^
I believe people thought Whitley was going to be just like last year.
Whitley got better and that doesn't mean Bell go worse.
Russell County will be dominant this year and that game was a good one until the 4th qtr.
Since Rock got beat by Frankfort everyone said they were horrible and ragged on Whitley for "only beating them by 28" while we completely shut down there offense and had 5TD's called back because of stupid penalties. Our potential is very high, and if we keep getitng better we can make a decent run in the playoffs.
People tend to forget that nothing matters until district time.
i think everybody on here knows how much time goes into getting ready for a game but when whitley puts all 11 guys in the box for the whole second half and you still keep running between the tackles something is wrong if they keep playing this type of game it's going to get ugly i know this is a young quarterback but i think he is a two year holdback so he has had plenty of time to get ready show some faith in him he may surprise you
Whitley Co. is a concern for me for the Black Bears this year.