Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 42 - Prestonsburg 41
Final. Can you say down to the wire?
Holy ish!!! I'll have my huge plate of Crow now please.
Great game by the Bulldogs, knew they had it in them.
Congratulations, DAWGS!!!
Wow what a game. Good job men!
what in the world ?last time i seen it, it was over, wow, gr8 game...
Aj Cyrus had another great game for the Dogs. Ricky Goble and Morgan O'Brian also had a good game, can't wait to watch them next week.
B@TM@N Wrote:Aj Cyrus had another great game for the Dogs. Ricky Goble and Morgan O'Brian also had a good game, can't wait to watch them next week.

These 3 young men saw a lot of success together at the youth level and they all are under-classmen. Fine kids to talk to in public and very well mannered. Happy for all three of them and the whole LC squad.
Congrats LC!
One of the best high school football games I've ever watched!
im glad i have to eat crow.one of the best games ive watched in a long time.congrats dawgs.
My wife had surgery today so I couldn't go till the kids went to sleep. Got there in 4th quater we fumbled and then they scored on a 4 and 10 long touchdown pass. Pburg kicked off then we punted the ball and it went backwards to the 1 yard line next play Pburg scored. Pburg gets the ball again and drives down to score. With about 30 seconds to go. Then after a unsportsman like conduct pently on Lawrence. Pburg kicked and a couple plays later Blake Prince caught a long pass. Few palys later AJ Cyrus found Morgan Obrien in the endzone for the touchdown. With no time left. Lawrence went for the two point conversion and Ricky Goble took it in for the win. I played in the Breathitt Co. game in 1997, but this is the best ending to a game I have watched. Very proud of these boys for not quittting, we are young but getting better each week. We need to work on conditioning though unreal how many boys cramped up didn't see any Prestonsburg players cramping. The Blackcats played a great game by coming back. I'm glad I got to see this ending.
My team lost, but... that was, without doubt, the WILDEST, CRAZIEST ballgame I think I've ever seen. NOT pretty or well-played, but high school football entertainment at its FINEST. :Thumbs:

LC up 27-13 at the half and 34-21 at the end of the 3rd. But P-burg went nuts in the 4th, finally getting the lead at 41-34 with < 1 min left. LC came right back with a perfect pass to the wideout who split 2 deep Blackcat safeties to take the ball to the 11, leaving time for 2 plays. First was incomplete, but the second was completed up the middle, catching P-burg blitzing the middle LB's. Kind of surprised to see LC go for 2 at home, but...gotta respect the call if he had confidence in the play.

Didn't have to worry about the teams getting winded. Play had to have been stopped at least 14-15 times for Lawrence Co. players cramping (not one P-burg player cramped). Do the Bulldog players not stretch and hydrate before games ??
Sounds like a good one!
Stunned!
Coach said after the game on the radio that Coach Short diagramed one of the final plays in the dirt and they executed to perfection. Awesome game.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Congrats LC! Sounds like a great game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
FBALL Wrote:Stunned!

You shouldn't be...not in a game this early between 2 very young teams.

Lots of talent on the field as there were a number of spectacular plays. But many more mistakes from inexperience everywhere all game long.
I really hope Coach John realizes that he cannot blitz the MLB everytime...but congrats LC!
oneijoe Wrote:You shouldn't be...not in a game this early between 2 very young teams.

Lots of talent on the field as there were a number of spectacular plays. But many more mistakes from inexperience everywhere all game long.

Why did we go for 2 after the TD that made it 33-34? I would've shown confidence in Stidham and let him kick that one...
Never have seen a team cramp as bad as LC ...Do you think they were using that to their advantage , I mean it does stop the clock , and on the other end , what in the world was Coach James thinking when he went for the two point conversion ,wildest game I have watched in a long time !
StrayBullet Wrote:Holy ish!!! I'll have my huge plate of Crow now please.
I am with you, I will have my plate also. This was an exciting game to see. I was very wrong about this one. I did not know how young Prestonsburg was. I think both teams are in the same boat this year. If they play this game 10 times it would probably go 5LC 5pBURG.
heck of a game dawgs...also i was impressed with pburgs quarterback,kid has talent!!
A very exciting game down to the wire. Some miscues, but the Dawgs never got down on themselves. NO ONE predicted the Bulldogs in this one. They have earned a little respect. Prestonsburg did not go for 2, but LC did .. these 2 coaching decisions decided the game.
GREAT job Dawgs. Very proud of all you boy's. This game reminded me of the late 80s and early 90s games between these to programs. Good job by both squads.
Prestonsburg has NO defensive. You cant give up 40 points a game and expect to win. They could easily be 0-3....The offense is capable of scoring alot of points quickly...but it often seems to be done wild plays, if a team could contain Jarrell in the backfield, keeping him running in circles untill Anderson gets open, there is no way they would be able to score 41 points ...
punkbug13 Wrote:Never have seen a team cramp as bad as LC ...Do you think they were using that to their advantage , I mean it does stop the clock , and on the other end , what in the world was Coach James thinking when he went for the two point conversion ,wildest game I have watched in a long time !

Will you guys from P-burg please STOP IT! Do you realize that players cramp? So what if P-burg didn't cramp as much as Lawrence. They play two different styles. One is a strenuous belly-read running style that requires a lot of strain on your lower body. The other was a spread run-around style, with a lot of "free" running without that much strain.

Trust me, LC did NOT tell players to "fall down" to stop the clock. I was at the game, and about 90% of the cramps happened during times that would NOT have been beneficial to LC. So, please, stop it.
If I were a family member, AD, principal, superintendent or anyone that cares about the LC program-----I would be very concerned! Yes, players do cramp. But they played on the same field,same conditions, same heat, same humidity and everything. If you are correct, looks like the LC coaching staff needs to be educated on nutrition, hydration and conditioning. Or...............
Great game dogs. Prove everyone wrong this year.
Rivalrat Wrote:If I were a family member, AD, principal, superintendent or anyone that cares about the LC program-----I would be very concerned! Yes, players do cramp. But they played on the same field,same conditions, same heat, same humidity and everything. If you are correct, looks like the LC coaching staff needs to be educated on nutrition, hydration and conditioning. Or...............
I think the big difference in the cramping was all the LC line play both sides of the ball while P'burg line did not. I am sure the team doctors, trainers and coaches will be looking at this issue this week.