Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 8th graders
Who are the best 8th graders, class of 2017 in the state.
chance melton and kel stotts from adair county peyton broughton north laurel jared grubb south laurel and john davis clinton county just a few that i have seen play
Cole Vonhandorf, Blessed Sacarment, will play at Cov Cath. Would take him over any kid that I seen all last year at this age group.
John Davis is no longer at clinton co. He is at lexington christian acadamy
zach tuggle out of grant county was a phenomenal scorer he can shoot and he cant be stopped when driving to the basket he is one of the nest open court players i have ever seen in middle school basketball he was playing soome freshman and jv this summer.and also jared webster from gray middle school a great post player and a very good shooter for a big man he can rebound great.
Logan Brett out of Monticello is an all around great player. He started point for his 8th grade and JV teams.started a couple varsity games I believe. Doesnt play on a very good team so probably doesnt get the attention he deserves but great at slashing and can step put and shoot the jumper as well. VERY EXPLOSIVE PLAYER!!
Jared Grubb, John Davis are also very good players
John plays at Lexington Christian Academy and Jared plays at south laural.Need to check em out!
lol this is laughable you parents get on here and toot your own kids horn if you all think these kids are the best in the state wow!!! keep dreaming the dream get off bluegrass rivals and check out some of the national sites and look for the kids names that will give you a clear picture the melton kid is only one named that is legit the stotts kid is a good spot up shooter but come on these other kids might be good players but they arent the great players in the state.
What about same question on the girls side?
Agree!
Torell Carter Whitesburg Ky
Isaac Caudill- Letcher Middle
Donnie Noble. ive seen the kid play he is a small foward in a centers body,you can tell he has been worked with over the years. his basketball IQ has to be off the chart
McCreary Co. raiders are pretty tough this year.
I've seen some good 8t graders this summer in the 13th region.
Are you talking about the Davis kid that will be a freshmen at LCA? Not impressed by him. Can shoot the 3 and that is about it.
I saw the MS team from Lexington Catholic woop some teams at KBA this past Fall, if any of those kids are hanging around, they will be tough!
There is a kid that will be in the 8th grade this season at Cordia elementary he is originally from Harlem NYC his name is marquis nowell. He is the 34th rated player in the country in his class. He is a guard and I would go out on a limb and say he is the best player in the state this kid is absolutely incredible to watch. His stock is probably going to rise after this summer on the aau circuit.
The June Buchanan school has a 8th grader Alexis Likens that is awesome.. She's one of the best 8th grade guards around. She can out play most of the Senior girls.
pete rose14 Wrote:What about same question on the girls side?
Blair Green from Middlesboro will be the next Div 1 player out the 13th region after Morris,
colby niece-hall ,good ball player from beaver, jr tacket, south floyd
Asia Hardy top 7 grader from shelby Co..
The Mount Washington Generals are one of the best teams I have seen play. They have a big man named will elder who can step out and take the shot if needed or he can work the post. Also a great rebounder.
srbh13 Wrote:I've seen some good 8t graders this summer in the 13th region.
The 13th region has some great teams and players. The 12th region has some good teams as well.
FYI, the 8th grade is the class of 2018.
tigersmom Wrote:FYI, the 8th grade is the class of 2018.

This thread began August, 2012 when the 8th grade was the class of 2017.
[quote=TSRAILERS]I saw the MS team from Lexington Catholic woop some teams at KBA this past Fall, if any of those kids are hanging around, they will be tough![/
Where is Lexington Catholic middle school located.
There are also some good players at HWMS in Magoffin Co. Their record is 10-1. They have a very strong team this season.
there are several nice kids in the 12th ! plus not to mention some very talented teams