Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colerain (Cincy, Oh) @ Ryle 8/26
Game is at Home Colerain is 77th in the nation, Ryle isn't even in top 500. But I believe it will be close if Ryle plays like they did Saturday night....
Colerain 31
Ryle. 21
All Colerain in this one.
TNT, I think you are being a bit optimistic in your score. This is the #2 in Cincinnati Colerain, which makes them a legitimate game against Trinity! This Ryle squad has a lot to prove that they are better than last year. This will be a 3 TD difference - at minimum!
Does Ohio have a running clock? Ryle will be a skid mark in Colerains draws! LOL!
Colerain picks the score in this one. It will be a fast game since both teams like to run.
2dog Wrote:Does Ohio have a running clock? Ryle will be a skid mark in Colerains draws! LOL!

They are playing in KY, so the running clock should be by KY rules, which is mandatory, but OH has a mercy rule, but only if the coaches agree.

Running clock will be in effect early in the third qtr.

Colerain by as many as they want.
Ive always been curious about these Cincinnati teams.
I assume they are all still in the GCL?

Is Colerain still the dominant team? Who would be there biggest rival, Elder, Moler?

Just curious, dont know a lot about NKY/Cincy football when it comes to the two.

Why doesnt Highlands play Colerain on a yearly basis?
^ Moeller is the team that will garner national prominence this season, but Colerain will give them a run for their money
congrats for scheduling, can only learn from it.. Colrain runs the wing t, so the game should go by pretty fast (unless a lot of tds are scored)
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Game is at Home Colerain is 77th in the nation, Ryle isn't even in top 500. But I believe it will be close if Ryle plays like they did Saturday night....
Colerain 31
Ryle. 21

:hilarious: You really have to be joking. This will get ugly in a hurry. Colerain could play there frosh in the 2nd half of this one. 55-0 Cards, if there coach is in a good mood.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive always been curious about these Cincinnati teams.
I assume they are all still in the GCL?

Is Colerain still the dominant team? Who would be there biggest rival, Elder, Moler?

Just curious, dont know a lot about NKY/Cincy football when it comes to the two.

Why doesnt Highlands play Colerain on a yearly basis?

Colerain never has been in the GCL. Public school, with one of the most bad-arse ground games I've ever seen in high school football. Very physical and very fast.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive always been curious about these Cincinnati teams.
I assume they are all still in the GCL? Is Colerain still the dominant team? Who would be there biggest rival? Why doesnt Highlands play Colerain on a yearly basis?

Colerain plays in the Greater Miami Conference, Moeller is ranked #1 in Cincy, but it usually comes down to Moeller, St. X, Colerain, Middletown, and Elder. It's very hard for Colerain to play anybody outside their conference on a yearly basis because they have 7 conference games, usually play a GCL team, and like to stay involved with the Crosstown Showdown or Herbstreit Event so they usually have 1 game they have to find every year, this year being Ryle. Their biggest rivals are Elder, St. Xavier, and Middletown. Colerain is well known for their athletes, option game, and recruiting
Geez.. i thought i'd get a bigger rise out of people on that score lol..
True prediction-
77th Nationally Colerain- 42 3190th in the Nation Ryle - 0
Colerain calls the dogs off with 3:00 min remaining in 1st half.
:moon:
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Geez.. i thought i'd get a bigger rise out of people on that score lol..
True prediction-
77th Nationally Colerain- 42 3190th in the Nation Ryle - 0
Colerain calls the dogs off with 3:00 min remaining in 1st half.
:moon:

Usually, Colerain does not "call off the dogs" in the first half.

It seems to be a coaching philosophy at Colerain that the first teams must play all of the first half and at least one series of the second half. Then the JV can mop up.

My prediction again: Colerain 56 Ryle 7

Ryle's 7 is against the JV after the running clock is in effect.
Colerain
Fox Sports is worse at picking high school games then ABC is in picking Monday Night games. I'd say the average margin of most selected games is like 35 pts. The question for the first half will be whether Ryle's defense has more tackles than Colerain has TDs. I'm putting the over at 6 and saying no.
Wise one Wrote:Usually, Colerain does not "call off the dogs" in the first half.

It seems to be a coaching philosophy at Colerain that the first teams must play all of the first half and at least one series of the second half. Then the JV can mop up.

My prediction again: Colerain 56 Ryle 7

Ryle's 7 is against the JV after the running clock is in effect

My sentiments exactly.
colerain big those cincy teams are loaded but good luck anyway ryle rooting for ryle to win.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Game is at Home Colerain is 77th in the nation, Ryle isn't even in top 500. But I believe it will be close if Ryle plays like they did Saturday night....
Colerain 31
Ryle. 21

Ill have what your drinking:lmao: Colerain will have this game over in the first 6 min. of the game.
Some in OH say the 2004 Colerain team may be among the best HS FB team ever assembled...This is not that team. Still it won't matter, Colerain by as many as they want.
35-0 late in the 4th, Colerain is airing it out this evening. Lots of penalties against Colerain tonight, some unwarrented.