Poll: What do you think of Lance Armstrong?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
He's a cheater
25.00%
He's innocent
41.67%
Not really sure
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lance Armstrong - What do you think?
[I'm using the General Discussion board for this thread because I'm asking for an opinion, and because hardly anyone ever visits the "All other sports" board, lol.]

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/23/sport/...index.html

So what do you think? Do you think Lance Armstrong cheated and used Performance-Enhancing Drugs, or do you think he's innocent? What say you?
He is a cheater.

Allow me to elaborate though. Cycling, at least was, the dirtiest popular sport in history at that time. For a person to not just win one, but win SEVEN Tour de France titles, when almost, if not every, other winner was found guilty of steroid or HGH use.

However, Lance also won 5 Tour's AFTER he had testicular cancer. Once a person has testicle cancer that spreads throughout the body, beats it, and then comes back to win even one title, is still pretty sensational in my book.

I do not want to take away his biggest accomplishment: LiveStrong has raised over $320 million dollars for cancer research.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All of his team mates from that time period and all the other guys that competed against him or won the TDF have tested positive. So what's that tell ya.

Honestly...I could care less.

The man has raised more money himself for the research of cancer than anyone on the face of the planet!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I don't think he did.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It's cycling and to be quite honest i really dont care.

So what if he used, ive still yet to hear them have proof that he did, and if he did, i still dont care lol.
^:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I agree with most of you all. I think he cheated, but it really doesn't matter to me. He's one of the few people to raise this much money for a cause, and that offsets him juicing to me. I look at it quite differently than baseball.
If he dropped his fight, then it means that he's guilty.
Could careless in fact I couldn't care if they made these types of drugs legal for everyone
If this was a court case, his verdict would be No contest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I completely am in agreement with LWC!

I truly believe that he used PEDs. I'm a fan of Lance, actually Lance is an inspiration to me personally! To go through what he did, staring potential death in the face, and then using whatever means available to him to conquer it and find a way to compete at a world class level is exemplary IMO! That said, I do believe he is guilty of using PEDs, which is illegal in the sport of cycling, thus, he cheated to gain an edge! I throw out all of the "He never failed a drug test after a TDF", that does not make him innocent, only Not-Guilty" OJ was Not-Guilty, but not innocent! Same can be said of Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens!

I don't think I was ever convinced that he was guilty, but I was completely convinced when he said "No-Mas"! Roger Clemens was willing to use every means possible to WIN, which we all know - you show the $$$, you win!. Lance is a rich, rich man, and a trial to save grace would have been well within his means! To not exhaust those means to save not just his reputation, but the reputation of his sponsors, and a whole class of people - Cancer Victims - was enough to tell me, HE USED!

That said, I pray that the man can still use his resources and his name to SAVE the lives of future cancer victims. Honestly, my like for him has not wavered because of this! If he can save one more life, he will have done more than most human beings on this life, thus I pray for his success!
He's been fighting this since 1996. When do you say enough is enough? Yes there was a lot of smoke and circumstantial evidence but you either have the goods or not.
nky Wrote:He's been fighting this since 1996. When do you say enough is enough? Yes there was a lot of smoke and circumstantial evidence but you either have the goods or not.

If you are innocent, you fight it til the end...
^Roger Clemens!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
I think he used ped's but it's a bicycle race. It's not like it's a real sport. Who cares.
Really man? You couldn't come close to doing a quarter of what these guys do. No need to try to discredit a sport just because you don't like it.

The main reason I created the thread was because of the guy's reputation, and to gauge what people think of all he's done to help people despite cheating. Not because of cycling.
Westside Wrote:I think he used ped's but it's a bicycle race. It's not like it's a real sport. Who cares.
What makes a sport anyway?
i agree with everybody he has done too much for cancer research but they won't remember the good things about his career only the bad
vundy33 Wrote:Really man? You couldn't come close to doing a quarter of what these guys do. No need to try to discredit a sport just because you don't like it.

The main reason I created the thread was because of the guy's reputation, and to gauge what people think of all he's done to help people despite cheating. Not because of cycling.

I never said I could do a fraction of what they do, but I still don't consider it a sport. You have your opinion and I have mine. That's what this site is about.
nky Wrote:What makes a sport anyway?

I think that's a subjective question. Ask 5 different people and you'll probably get 5 different answers.
Westside Wrote:I never said I could do a fraction of what they do, but I still don't consider it a sport. You have your opinion and I have mine. That's what this site is about.

I agree. But if you're going to hate on something, at least give us a reason to discuss.
vundy33 Wrote:I agree. But if you're going to hate on something, at least give us a reason to discuss.

Vundy, I'm not hating on anybody or anything. I just don't consider cycling a sport. I've never had any interest in it.
Innocent.
if they took his tour de france victories away id be tied with him in wins there.
that's all i know.
vundy33 Wrote:So what do you think? Do you think Lance Armstrong cheated and used Performance-Enhancing Drugs, or do you think he's innocent? What say you?

I think he's innocent, he can't afford to keep fighting the allegations financially and any cyclist that wins the Tour de France multiple times will be accused of cheating.
Well, you would think after all the workouts and what not he does he'd be big as a house while also abusing those substances.

So I think he may be innocent.