Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Baseball
What Do You Think About The Coach? Lets Hear It
I think he is a joke. Even the players told me he dont have a clue what hes doing out there. I meen look at sum of their losses 18-2 14-2 16-4 13-0 and 9 to 0. That is just embarrising to the program of shelby valley that has been compettiteve the last few seasons.

Sv hasnt had a good coach since old Kenneth Mullins, and until they actually loook for a coach unlike this past fall then they'll never win another district champinship.

Fire Davey boy and hire sumbody that will win
Geraldo Rivera Wrote:I think he is a joke. Even the players told me he dont have a clue what hes doing out there. I meen look at sum of their losses 18-2 14-2 16-4 13-0 and 9 to 0. That is just embarrising to the program of shelby valley that has been compettiteve the last few seasons.

Sv hasnt had a good coach since old Kenneth Mullins, and until they actually loook for a coach unlike this past fall then they'll never win another district champinship.

Fire Davey boy and hire sumbody that will win

40-50 (2002-2005) is not Competitive. When was the last time they played in the Regional Touranment? How many starting players returned from last year? How many players were on last years team? If any has this information I would like to know it. Confusedhh:

From what I heard Youth and lack of experience is Shelby Valley problem. Over 3 quarters of the team are Sophmore and below. From what I've seen Coach Osborne has done a lot for Shelby Valley Baseball in his first year.
hey Wrote:40-50 (2002-2005) is not Competitive. When was the last time they played in the Regional Touranment? How many starting players returned from last year? How many players were on last years team? If any has this information I would like to know it. Confusedhh:

From what I heard Youth and lack of experience is Shelby Valley problem. Over 3 quarters of the team are Sophmore and below. From what I've seen Coach Osborne has done a lot for Shelby Valley Baseball in his first year.

if you dont count 2002 then the other years were competitve. an over .500 record is at least halfway competitve. i dont know how many starting players are back from last year, but i know the only two decent players they lost were jon rouse and pat tacket. the rest were just players who were there and werent impact players.
john johnson isnt back because he did not want to play for dave osborne. fire davey boy and hire somebody that knows waht they're doing like old Ken Mullins did back in the day.
Geraldo Rivera Wrote:if you dont count 2002 then the other years were competitve. an over .500 record is at least halfway competitve. i dont know how many starting players are back from last year, but i know the only two decent players they lost were jon rouse and pat tacket. the rest were just players who were there and werent impact players.
john johnson isnt back because he did not want to play for dave osborne. fire davey boy and hire somebody that knows waht they're doing like old Ken Mullins did back in the day.

Sounds like you have something personal against this Coach.
Wow...What a thread, but I must say I'm not surprised to see anybody @ Shelby Valley complain about a coach...Same goes for basketball, football, and now baseball once again....

I have no ties to the program, but I am very familiar with it and most coaches do struggle in their first year....They did lose a couple of good players from last year so expectations shouldn't be so high, but I am surprised to see the margin of some of the losses thus far...Now I don't care if David Osborne is the coach or any other Joe Schmoe but the fact of the matter is, Shelby Valley will never be a true baseball power until the parents grow up a little bit...

The parents at Shelby Valley set unrealistic expectations for every sport, and thats why they go through 2 or 3 coaches every couple years in every sport....Instead of being so negative and complaining they need to step up and help more..I remember a few years ago, a senior league was being attempted to get started up @ Shelby Valley, but the parents didnt want to help so therefore it failed, yet then the complained because Shelby Valley didn't have one....Plus with the shape the little league program is in right now, things aren't looking very good....

Now as far as 2002-2005 not being competitve, I just want to say that excluding 2002 Shelby Valley finished with a record of over .500 from 03-05 and beat several good teams...

Actually with the exception of 2002, Shelby Valley has been an actual pretty good team since 2000 and have a record of above .500 with a district championship and a very good season in 2001...So they have been competitive over the last 3 seasons, and 6 for that matter excluding 2002 in which they lost a ton of great players from the year before...

But overall I think Coach Osborne will be fine @ Shelby Valley, and he will have his good seasons and bad seasons just like any other coach would @ a basketball school....He should go to region this year which is a good start and it may be because East Ridge is the 2nd worst team in the region, but they'll be there...

Shelby Valley is turning into a joke because of the parents/players always complaining about the coaches....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Geraldo Rivera Wrote:if you dont count 2002 then the other years were competitve. an over .500 record is at least halfway competitve. i dont know how many starting players are back from last year, but i know the only two decent players they lost were jon rouse and pat tacket. the rest were just players who were there and werent impact players.

John Johnson didnt return because he has a better shot at playing college football. He has nothing against Coach Osborne..Learn the facts
the_phenom3 Wrote:John Johnson didnt return because he has a better shot at playing college football. He has nothing against Coach Osborne..Learn the facts

John has been playng sports under Coach Osborne since he was in the 6th grade. I know for a fact he has nothing against him as I see him talking to Coach Osborne all the time. And as Phenom said, he not only has a better chance, but John will be playing college football and this is why he quit basketball and baseball, to lift and train for football.
Coach Oseborne is probably one of the best coaches in this area...at either sport, football or baseball. Just give him a year or two and he will have this program turned into a contender. Right now he is pretty much starting from scratch, with a lot of young players and other players from the previous coach that had never really seen any in game action. Just give him some time.
2B30 Wrote:Coach Oseborne is probably one of the best coaches in this area...at either sport, football or baseball. Just give him a year or two and he will have this program turned into a contender. Right now he is pretty much starting from scratch, with a lot of young players and other players from the previous coach that had never really seen any in game action. Just give him some time.

Smile Smile Smile Best coaches in the area at baseball and football? WHAT A JOKE!!!!!! Yeah uhh lets go for the 2 poitn conversion against Letcher Central in football while were down 21-20 with a ton of time left......Great football idea there Smile

and yaeh he has really proved he is the best baseball coach in the area already with some of the blowout loses he has had after returning justin tacket, pat smith, and todd bentley the top 3 pitchers from last year...

sv will never be a contender again, and thats a promise untill they hire a coach thats knows something about baseball. even the umpries told me he is a joke.
You can't blame a coach for wanting to get the lead early and wanting a win.

And pitchers can't really do anything if they don't have the defense to back them up. A lot of SV's defense are young players that have never really seen game action.
I agree 2B30..A pitcher can only do so much. He has to have some defense to back him up. And to say SV will never be a contender again is the joke. Give it some time. Give the team sometime to find the right combination of players and they will be a contender.
2B30 Wrote:You can't blame a coach for wanting to get the lead early and wanting a win.

And pitchers can't really do anything if they don't have the defense to back them up. A lot of SV's defense are young players that have never really seen game action.

Yaeh like that 2nd baseman of Sv's. What a joke he is. He couldnt even start on a decent little league team.
the_phenom3 Wrote:I agree 2B30..A pitcher can only do so much. He has to have some defense to back him up. And to say SV will never be a contender again is the joke. Give it some time. Give the team sometime to find the right combination of players and they will be a contender.

they haven't been a competitor in yeras and never will be again until they hire a "true" baseball coach which is sumthing they havent had in a while. thanks for the laugh though
Geraldo Rivera Wrote:they haven't been a competitor in yeras and never will be again until they hire a "true" baseball coach which is sumthing they havent had in a while. thanks for the laugh though

I thought you said in your earlier post that they were a competitive team the past few years.

I look for Valley to get better as the year go along. They played some good teams like, Paintsville (twice), Leslie County, Allen Central, Letcher Central, Fairview, & Sheldon Clark. One thing I will say about the Coach is he didn't put together a cup cake schedule to just get wins. I'm sure he realizes that you can only get better by playing better teams.
We shouldn't be talking about how bad coaches or players are on here anyways. This site should be used to praise players for doing good.
hey Wrote:I thought you said in your earlier post that they were a competitive team the past few years.

I look for Valley to get better as the year go along. They played some good teams like, Paintsville (twice), Leslie County, Allen Central, Letcher Central, Fairview, & Sheldon Clark. One thing I will say about the Coach is he didn't put together a cup cake schedule to just get wins. I'm sure he realizes that you can only get better by playing better teams.

Coach Osborne didn't make this year's schedule..It was already made when he took the job...Shelby Valley has played a lot of tough teams in the past as well with teams like Cumberland, Morgan County, West Jessamine, Western Hills, Berea, Carroll County, Scott County, and have been scheduled to play Rockcastle County and Paul L. Dunbar in 2003 when they won state but it was rained out...It is a very good and hard schedule this year though, and should only help later on...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Coach Osborne didn't make this year's schedule..It was already made when he took the job...Shelby Valley has played a lot of tough teams in the past as well with teams like Cumberland, Morgan County, West Jessamine, Western Hills, Berea, Carroll County, Scott County, and have been scheduled to play Rockcastle County and Paul L. Dunbar in 2003 when they won state but it was rained out...It is a very good and hard schedule this year though, and should only help later on...

My bad, I thought Coach Osborne put this schedule together. It's a good schedule and Valley should get better as the season goes along.
They are already getting better in my opinion.
the_phenom3 Wrote:They are already getting better in my opinion.

Smile yeah that 10 run rule loss to lesley county really showed how much they are improving even considering that les. county played their worst game of the year. we will see how good sv is this upcoming week.
Do you always have an excuse for everything Geraldo?
the_phenom3 Wrote:Do you always have an excuse for everything Geraldo?

I agree that he does. You've named all these bad things about coach Osborne but you havn't given a real reason as to why he is a bad coach.
Smile Geraldo you're cracking me up...No substance in your arguements just complaining...Some people can never be happy...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Geraldo Rivera Wrote:Smile yeah that 10 run rule loss to lesley county really showed how much they are improving even considering that les. county played their worst game of the year. we will see how good sv is this upcoming week.

How do you know Leslie County played the worst game of the year?
Geraldo Rivera Wrote:Smile yeah that 10 run rule loss to lesley county really showed how much they are improving even considering that les. county played their worst game of the year. we will see how good sv is this upcoming week.

Who pitched for Valley against Leslie County?
i heard david osborne told sumbody that sv was going to win the region this year and they were goin to 10 run rule pikeville 2morrow night. Its good to be confidant but another thing to be just flat out crazy!
I can assure you that this was never said.
Geraldo Rivera Wrote:i heard david osborne told sumbody that sv was going to win the region this year and they were goin to 10 run rule pikeville 2morrow night. Its good to be confidant but another thing to be just flat out crazy!

Sumbody's trying to start some trouble..... Smile Pretty funny Geraldo Rivera, Another person you may not want to trust for information.
SV just needs to more kids with ability to come out to play.they have a good basketball team.
i also herd some of the players say they hoped chase huffman pitched 2morrow night so they could knock him out in the 1st inning. they said he was weak