Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Throw the Ball back!!!
Watching highlights of MLB games from last night reminded me of this thought. While at the Reds/Mets game last week, the Mets hit a home-run. As typical practice, the fans yelled at the individual who wound up with the HR ball to "Throw it Back"! As a good soldier, the fan threw the ball back into the field! The ball is then picked up and thrown into the infield, where it is promptly thrown to the dugout.

Guess what happens???

The individual in the dugout who collects the ball and promptly turns around and tosses it up into the bleachers behind the dugout. The fan who gets that ball is as happy as a pig in the blanket! He just got your HR ball while you go home empty handed!

Who is the the Dumb-@$$ and who is the LUCKY ONE in this picture?????

You get a HR ball - KEEP IT! It goes on your mantel and all the idiots screaming at you to throw it back don't say a word to the lucky fan who gets to take your ball home!!!
I saw on Sportscenter, this season one fan got thrown out of a MLB game for throwing a hr ball back on to the field.
People fight over getting to a ball, then they want you to throw it back???? No Way!
I can't agree. Maybe if the person isn't a huge fan or anything, then sure, keep it. But I have to be loyal, I already have things for my mantle.

But, the only time I've ever caught a baseball at any level game, was a minor league game and I gave it to a kid, lol. I think I'd rather find a kid, or beautiful female, to give it too rather than throw it back.

I guess if I ever am lucky enough to get a HR MLB ball, it'll be a hell of a dilemma, lol.
^ Like I said, your HR ball just get's pitched to another lucky fan to take and put on their mantle. You get to tell the story, he gets the ball Wink
Some people get mad because other's catch home run balls.....I'd keep it in a heart beat