Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 13 - Johnson Central 10
final.....plenty of Offense...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good ball game it went back and forth throughout the game. It was definitely a pitchers dual of sorts but by no means a defensive struggle. Both teams hit the ball well. Paintsville started Travis Ison and Johnson Central went with Matt Fyffe. Johnson Central got it started early with a 2 run first inning but Paintsville matched that. JC also pitched Justin Blanton and Mike Conley. Paintsville pitched J.D. Vanhoose, Jonathan Miller and Daniel Pugh came in to close the game out. With JC up 7-6 going into the 6th, Justin Blanton smacked a 3 run homer over the left field wall to put Central up 10-6. Pugh helped his own cause in the bottom of the 6th leading things off with a solo homerun, that helped the Tigers to get it going at the plate as they exploded to score 6 more runs to put them up 13-10 going into the 7th. Pugh shut down the Eagles in the 7th going away 1-2-3 on put outs. Both teams have nothing to be ashamed of, both are good ball clubs. Congrats to the Tigers. Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the season.
This was a great ballgame to watch. Paintsville never gave up nor did Johnson Central. Matt Fyffe threw the ball great tonight. Travis Ison had some control problems early, but stayed composed for the most part, and ended up okay. Justin Blanton threw the ball much harder than I thought he did. He pitched a great couple of innings, he'll be tough later down the road. Johnathon Miller got batters out by using his defense, he gave up a homerun, but that's part of the game. DP came in and pitched great to have not pitched in about 4 years. Overall great team effort by both teams, and I can't wait to see the rematch, it should be a dandy!
Pupaw Wrote:This was a great ballgame to watch. Paintsville never gave up nor did Johnson Central. Matt Fyffe threw the ball great tonight. Travis Ison had some control problems early, but stayed composed for the most part, and ended up okay. Justin Blanton threw the ball much harder than I thought he did. He pitched a great couple of innings, he'll be tough later down the road. Johnathon Miller got batters out by using his defense, he gave up a homerun, but that's part of the game. DP came in and pitched great to have not pitched in about 4 years. Overall great team effort by both teams, and I can't wait to see the rematch, it should be a dandy!

Nothing against Miller or your opinion of him but he wasn't effective. Not only did he give up a homerun, he continued the same pattern as this past weekend of walking runners in. You can't put runners on base with walks as much as he does.
I was impressed with how the Tigers managed to win with the pitching they had available. Good game all!
Both teams put up a great fight and i am very impressed how Paintsville bounced back after Blanton's homerun.
Nice to see DP pitching again. Good luck Eagles the rest of year. Shake this off and continue to play hard.
go tigers
Bet this was a fun game to watch!
I can't believe this many runs were scored. How many innings did Fyffe and Blanton throw and how many runs were scored off of them?
DOGFATHER Wrote:I can't believe this many runs were scored. How many innings did Fyffe and Blanton throw and how many runs were scored off of them?

I'm thinking Fyffe threw 4 innings giving up 6 runs, Blanton threw 2 giving up 7 runs and Mike Conley closed it out in the last frame giving up 0 runs. Don't hold me to it, I could be wrong but if I'm not mistaken that's how it was.
JD Plummer for Johnson Central is a heck of an athelete because everytime he got on 1st, it was an automatic triple. Teams really need to try and stop him from getting on the bag because it could mean trouble!
Good win for the Tigers. I can't believe the score was this high. Ifigured it to eb a lower scoring game
cant wate to play both teams two of the best in 15th
The Blue Blur Wrote:I'm thinking Fyffe threw 4 innings giving up 6 runs, Blanton threw 2 giving up 7 runs and Mike Conley closed it out in the last frame giving up 0 runs. Don't hold me to it, I could be wrong but if I'm not mistaken that's how it was.
Fyffe threw 3 innings giving up 6 runs, Blanton threw into the 6th giving up 7 and Conley closed out the sixth. Paintsville did not bat in the 7th.
congrats phs
Sounds like both teams hit the ball well.