Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knoxville Karns VS Knox Central 8/25
Just wondering what you all think of this matchup? An what anyone can say about Karns other than they beat Corbin last year.Will KC beat them bad:ChairHit: or will it go the other way an be a nail bitter:rage:
panther nation Wrote:Just wondering what you all think of this matchup? An what anyone can say about Karns other than they beat Corbin last year.Will KC beat them bad:ChairHit: or will it go the other way an be a nail bitter:rage:

I believe the Panthers will beat Knoxville Karns. Karns had a very good defense last year, but were not good on the offensive side(Corbin really should have shut them out in my opinion), also read where they lost 20+ seniors.

Knox Central 28, Knoxville Karns 7
Karns will be a team like South Laurel I would be surprised if Knox did not win big here, even if the 2 top linemen will be out of this game.
Why would the top 2 linemen be out?
what time does this game start
Karns building on winning season

At many schools, going 6-5 in football is considered a disappointment or, at best, a display of mediocrity.

But when a winning season has not occurred in 37 years, as was the case at Karns High School last year, it is cause for celebration.

"It's different around school," said senior tight end and defensive end Brant Nickens. "The students are more into the games."

And after getting a sample of what winning is like, the Beavers are hoping to continue enjoying the excitement that has come to the West Knox County school and community.

Said third-year coach Derek Witt, who initially took over the program on an emergency interim basis shortly before the 2010 season began, "It's changed things. But that's one of the things we're striving to do is build on what we did last year."

Witt feels the team has the nucleus to continue moving forward, even though it did lose a number of key players. The reason for the optimism is not only the numbers he has returning, but also their overall attitude.

"We have 17 seniors who have taken charge of preseason workouts and led the guys in the right direction," he said.

Among the key seniors is Nickens, whose 6-foot-4, 240-pound frame makes him a big target on offense. "He's been in the system three years and knows what is going on offensively and defensively," Witt said.

Nathan Rivera, a wide receiver/defensive end, is another senior expected to contribute. He was second on the team in receptions last year and brings great leadership, Witt said.

Throwing passes to him will be junior quarterback Matt Nauman, who split time as the starter last year.

Among the newcomers to watch is senior Bennie Satterfield. He has been a regular on defense since his sophomore year, but is expected to contribute greatly at running back this year as well. "He's very deceptive," said Witt. "When you see him you don't think much about him."

The big question mark for Karns this year is whether it will have enough depth. "We're going to be relying on some younger kids, even freshmen ranks, and getting them ready for Friday nights," Witt said.

But the optimism remains.

"We've hit the weight room," said Rivera, "and (have been) doing the offensive stuff way harder than we ever have."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
From what I could find out, as posted in the article above, it appears that Karns has a senior laden team and the best team that the school has ever fielded. So I still want to lean toward Knox Central winning the game but, I think that Karns has the ability to make it a close game. Should be interesting to see if they're actually able to do that when gametime arrives.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
We ran the table on our TN foes last year. And I think the Panthers will do the same this year. Let the TN steam roller begin.
Knox Central 34

Knoxville karns 19
Cats02 Wrote:what time does this game start
Game time is 5:45 @ Redhound field in Corbin first game in the pigskin classic
hoops_town Wrote:Why would the top 2 linemen be out?

Injuries
the panther's could have some trouble stopping running teams this week an maybe the rest of the season, one of their best d-linemen quit this week, (he said it wasnt fun anymore!!!) dont make sense though goes all summer then quits after first game. he said(none of the coaches or players said anything it just wasnt fun!!!).
hoops_town Wrote:Why would the top 2 linemen be out?
better make that 3. 2 injuried 1 quit
Knox Central win this one, their defense is outstanding
KK by 6
I heard about the other lineman that quit not good news for KNOX they will have to have some younger linemen step up. the 2 linemen that are hurt are supposed to be back for the Johnson Central game.
Karns 27
KC 14
Who is the lineman who quit?
K-N-O-X will roll in this one and be 2-0 on this young season. Good Luck to the Panthers tonight!
panther nation Wrote:the panther's could have some trouble stopping running teams this week an maybe the rest of the season, one of their best d-linemen quit this week, (he said it wasnt fun anymore!!!) dont make sense though goes all summer then quits after first game. he said(none of the coaches or players said anything it just wasnt fun!!!).

Football must of taken time away from the PS3 or XBox Live. :biglmao:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Football must of taken time away from the PS3 or XBox Live. :biglmao:

There again people talking when they should just listen, you have no clue what this kid does or do you know anything about him there for you should watch what you say. An for your info the main reason he quit is that he wanted to get a job so that he could fix his truck up an make it look cool!!! So next time pal think before you try to insult a kid who thought getting a job was more important than football.
panther nation Wrote:There again people talking when they should just listen, you have no clue what this kid does or do you know anything about him there for you should watch what you say. An for your info the main reason he quit is that he wanted to get a job so that he could fix his truck up an make it look cool!!! So next time pal think before you try to insult a kid who thought getting a job was more important than football.
Nothing wrong with getting a job. But quitting football so you can make your truck look cool is very short sighted. Having a cool truck will pass. Rims will rust and in time the loud stereo will just give you a headache. Playing a game that teaches you about team and family and being a part of something bigger than yourself is a better plan. I don't claim to know the details (don't even know who quit) but I know the sacrifices I made to play this game were all worth it. Sad to hear.
Well it was ugly for KNOX but a win is a win 14-7 KC wins KNOX had to patch together a team but they did and came away with a win maybe everyone will be healthy for the JC game Friday.