Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle Co.
60.87%
Frankfort
39.13%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frankfort @ Rockcastle .Co 8/24
Who wins.
Rock won this game last year at Frankfort. I am sure that Frankfort is better and Rock dropped off just a little. However, this game is in Mt. Vernon at The Rock. With that said, I will take a CLOSE game 22-15, with Rock prevailing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rockcastle county by 14
The Rock by 20! Rock on Rockets!
Rock 24 Frankfort 14
This is a game I wished I could see this Friday. I think this will be a very close game that could go either way.

As stated Rockcastle lost a ton of leadership and talent from last season. I still think we will see Rock continue to improve throughout the season.

But for the difference from last season game and this season will be Frankfort.

Frankfort last season Frankfort had a kid getting his first career start against Rock as a freshman. That wont be the case this year. Also I watched Frankfort this past Friday and they used many different kids in a new style of offense. They threw the ball a bunch. Something they wasn't able to do last season. I also look for Frankfort to be a very different team by the end of the season.

I think this one is a toss up.

I am picking an upset.

FHS - 20
Rock - 15
Is Frankfort Class A?
Yes
I find myself in a bit of a conundrum while trying to pick this game. Rockcastle Co is a historically great team and Frankfort is known to have a solid program as well but both are on two different levels. I find myself saying yep Rockcastle is going to win easily at home but I just have a feeling that Frankfort pulls off the big upset on the road. I think that I am going to pick Frankfort in a upset special of the week in a 34-28 road victory. I may very well be wrong and I am picking this upset against my better judgement, but I just have a gut feeling. Although it could just be gas. LOL
^lol about the gas feeling.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I do not know if Rock is as heavy of a favorite as they seem to be. Remember how much they lost and what Frankfort kept. Frankfort got better as the season went along last year and Rock didn't as much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Frankfort is young at some spots. But I think they are more talented than last season. Like previous post stated they have a senior at QB that was benched last season. That has worked hard at leading this offense. The question will be can Frankfort's o-line block the ROCK D-line. Rock dominated them last season up front.
Going with Frankfort on this one.
FH-27
RC-15
I think Frankfort will be better than Grant County. Rock has to fix some issues on the Offensive Line in order to win this one. This game will be closer than last years but if Rock can contain Frankfort speed I will say Rock 20 Frankfort 7
Frankfort
At the Rock, Rockcastle by 10.
The Rocks offense has a few holes need filled and improved , think the defense looking good I hope it keeps improving, last years team everyone knew who the leaders were who was going step up this year they still trying to figure it out , if you think about it rockcastle is playing more seniors n juniors than they did last year as a whole, 1 sophmore on offense 5 juniors 5 seniors on offense ,1 sophmore 4 juniors 6 seniors on defense so its not like we are young team
rustyankle Wrote:The Rocks offense has a few holes need filled and improved , think the defense looking good I hope it keeps improving, last years team everyone knew who the leaders were who was going step up this year they still trying to figure it out , if you think about it rockcastle is playing more seniors n juniors than they did last year as a whole, 1 sophmore on offense 5 juniors 5 seniors on offense ,1 sophmore 4 juniors 6 seniors on defense so its not like we are young team

OUCH! 11 positions on the team are filled with seniors and nobody is stepping up to be the leader? That has to be fixed quickly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rock wins 28-14
Frankfort High, but I think it will be close.
The poll is fairly close. Frankfort is not really that much of an underdog it seems, even though they are a 1A team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My last post was just to state we didn't lose seniors we still have seniors we lost there leadership IMO
Rockcastle wins this one.

Rock 30
Frankfort 14
Rockcastle-38
Frankfort-12
Last year this was an embarrasing defeat for a young panther team. But the game was still close at halftime. Rocks size on the line wore down a young panther defense. Look for a different outcome this year. Panthers by 10.
Unless Frankfort can throw, it will be a long night, Rock dont lose many home games
Frankfort has change their offense to a more pass friendly attack.
FMSbball Wrote:Frankfort has change their offense to a more pass friendly attack.

Who is gonna throw the ball for Frankfort, I don't see them having a very good passing offense, with the big kid at QB. They seem to line up in the spread alot but just run it.
Is Coach Smith still running the O?
FCSPY Wrote:Who is gonna throw the ball for Frankfort, I don't see them having a very good passing offense, with the big kid at QB. They seem to line up in the spread alot but just run it.

I argee