Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montgomery County 25 - Rowan County 16
Final
congrats to the Indians
Montgomery County 25, Rowan County 15.

Good win tonight for the Indians. Montgomery County performed about as well as expected after losing its starting running back to a broken foot last week. QB Matt Tuttle looked good in the pocket and ran the ball well when he had to. The MC running game put the game away in the 4th with a solid running game. Preston did a solid job grinding out the yards in the final qtr to put the game away. The Indians gave up a kick return early but looked good overall on defense.

Rowan County has a nice looking team and will get better as the season goes along. Their running game is good. The Indian defense was just better tonight.
This can't be with four all state performers on the defensive line for Rowan.
Montgomery Co. struggled tonight with a new offense and a missing stud of a running back. MCHS QB was under center for the first time in years and he appeared to be lost at handing the ball off. He did win the MVP of the game but you have to wonder how many games they will win not running the spread. Paul Horning said it best when Tim Couch was a Frosh, at Ky. " If i see Tim Couch Run the Veer one more time i am going to puke"
Rowan County has surprised me. I thought they were a much better team.
Rowan County will have trouble all year if they get 3rd and more than 3 yards to go. The QB Graham can not throw consistantly and when he does throw to WR Lee it is as good as 4th down. Rowan will struggle this year. Lack of conditioning looked to be a problem also with all the cramping that was happening on a cool night.
Does anyone know how the Rowan County player is that left the game in the 4th quarter? I was told he broke his arm.
mchs78 Wrote:Does anyone know how the Rowan County player is that left the game in the 4th quarter? I was told he broke his arm.

It was #4 Tyler Arthur. Yes he has a broken left arm. It has been set and no surgery is required as of yet. Should be back before the playoffs at the worst.
:Thumbs:
Game photos posted on Montgomery County Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/mcindiansfootball